List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: I Did Not Feel Any Sympathy For NuLulu

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

I Did Not Feel Any Sympathy For NuLulu

Started by Nightmoves at 2013/10/02 05:48AM
    Latest post: 2013/10/03 10:39AM, Views: 2159, Replies: 26
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/10/02 07:28AM
    Re: I Did Not Feel Any Sympathy For NuLulu
    SonnylovesEmily

I wouldn't be too shocked to see Lulu preggers and I think that it would be great if the father was Starvos. Lets see how Dante and Lulu deal with Starvos.

#12   2013/10/02 07:45AM
    lovelyliz

I think that is going on a lot around GH. I can't muster any sympathy for the characters that I suppose to. I don't know if it's the writing or the actors I just can't put my finger on it. Maybe the actors have not worked together to form any kind of chemistry. Lulu is new and she has not worked with MAXIE long enough in my opinion.

#13   2013/10/02 08:03AM
    Nightmoves

Quote PatsMom: I had been dying for the big reveal but was disappointed. It seem to be a little flat and too screechy and chaotic.

That's exactly how I felt.

#14   2013/10/02 08:40AM
    oltlforever31

I've pretty much gone back and forth on who I feel sorry for. However, I do think Maxie's main motivation for keeping this secret has been Maxie. Don't get me wrong, I know she didn't want to hurt Dante and Lulu, but from the beginning of this, I think she has been more concerned about how the truth coming out would affect her. All we heard for weeks, was how she didn't want to screw things up for Lulu and Dante. She was so afraid they would be mad at her, and not trust her to carry their baby again. So I think a part of her keeping the secret was so that Lulu wouldn't be mad at her, IMO. I get that she was afraid of losing Lulu as a friend, but had she told the truth from the start, she would have maintained that friendship. Now she most likely will lose it for good. Once she found out she had the miscarriage, instead of telling them the truth, which I don't feel was her fault. Accidents happen, and miscarriages can happen to anyone, for any reason, so I never really understood why she felt they would blame her. It's not like she purposely tripped over the darn dog, and who's to say that is even what caused it. (I know we were led to believe that was the case, but did anyone really buy that?) If Lulu had blamed her for that I think that would make Lulu a crappy friend, not Maxie. Anyway, she chose to keep it to herself, so she wouldn't look bad. At least that is how I see it.

Having said all of that, I still want Maxie to end up with her baby, though I completely understand why Lulu would want to maintain custody.

#15   2013/10/02 10:43AM
    melirose

Quote Lmanning: Maxie was ripping out her own heart and saying here you can have it. That was anything but selfish on her part. She was willing to sacrifice her own happiness for Lulu and Dante. I hope Maxie gets her daughter back because Lulu and Dante are selfish people. Maxie was completely selfless! I use to like Lulu and Dante, but now I kind of don't want to see them ever again. If I could have Maxie as a best friend I would! Also I liked the other Lulu better, and I don't think she would of did this to Maxie. She loved Maxie more! Maxie is one of the main reason I watch GH right now!

Let me start off by saying that I absolutely LOVE MAXIE, HOWEVER WOW to everyone who feels sympathy for Maxie. The girl deliberately didn't tell the lante because she was sacred that they were going to be furious with her and that she was going to disappoint them. All of her motivations were purely about her. How do you call her selfless? IMO she would have been selfless if she told them the truth and said I'm pregnant now and yall can have her.

Lante had every right to be angry and she deserved everything that was said to her including that slap. HOW DARE YOU!!! Granted I would have loved to see the original Lulu do that scene, but I was ok with Nululu's performance. As a mom I felt Lulu's pain. How the hell can you let someone get attached only for it to get ripped away. Not only that Like Nululu said what if there was something wrong genetically with the baby. SMH Maxie was totally in the wrong.

#16   2013/10/02 10:46AM
    melirose

Quote Bettie Davis:
    Quote Nightmoves:
    Quote Bettie Davis:
    Quote Nightmoves: I just could not muster ANY sympathy for NuLulu and I actually felt WORSE for Maxie. I'm not sure if JMB were still playing the part I would feel this way. NuLulu's reaction just fell entirely flat for me. No real emotion IMO.

Dante on the other hand was great. I really felt his anger.

Yes and I agree, Dante was great, if that were me I would have gone crazy on Maxie.

I was so looking forward to these scenes too. Maxie, Spin and Dante all were great IMO. NuLulu just blah..... As I said, these scenes let me feeling worse for Maxie

I tried to like the NuLulu but its fading, they need to try and get Julie back.

ITA...but I'm starting to like the Nululu, but I feel that the old Lulu should have finished up the story line and then left.

#17   2013/10/02 10:56AM
    cardgirl

I have really mixed feelings about this. I see where Maxie is coming from. She in her convoluted way was trying to do the right thing. She did not want Lante to think she screwed up and lost their baby. And I think no mother ever willingly gives up their child if they don't have to like, when you can't for some reason raise the baby yourself. Maxie was being selfless in that sense. She just never thinks about the true consequences of her actions. For her to think her lie would never come out was not realistic.

And if she would have told the truth from the beginning, Lante could have used one of their remaining embryos with a new surrogate. And who really wants to raise a child they know is not theirs. But I think Lante could have tried to be a bit more understanding....but then again this was a big hurtful lie. Still, I want Maxie to have her baby back.

#18   2013/10/02 11:18AM
    Nightmoves

Quote melirose:
    Quote Lmanning: Maxie was ripping out her own heart and saying here you can have it. That was anything but selfish on her part. She was willing to sacrifice her own happiness for Lulu and Dante. I hope Maxie gets her daughter back because Lulu and Dante are selfish people. Maxie was completely selfless! I use to like Lulu and Dante, but now I kind of don't want to see them ever again. If I could have Maxie as a best friend I would! Also I liked the other Lulu better, and I don't think she would of did this to Maxie. She loved Maxie more! Maxie is one of the main reason I watch GH right now!

Let me start off by saying that I absolutely LOVE MAXIE, HOWEVER WOW to everyone who feels sympathy for Maxie. The girl deliberately didn't tell the lante because she was sacred that they were going to be furious with her and that she was going to disappoint them. All of her motivations were purely about her. How do you call her selfless? IMO she would have been selfless if she told them the truth and said I'm pregnant now and yall can have her.

Lante had every right to be angry and she deserved everything that was said to her including that slap. HOW DARE YOU!!! Granted I would have loved to see the original Lulu do that scene, but I was ok with Nululu's performance. As a mom I felt Lulu's pain. How the hell can you let someone get attached only for it to get ripped away. Not only that Like Nululu said what if there was something wrong genetically with the baby. SMH Maxie was totally in the wrong.

Nope, sorry did not feel bad for her. I did feel bad for Dante however. Yes what Maxie did was wrong, but I believe she though she was doing the right thing for everyone involved. I don't believe she acted malicously at all and giving her baby away was sefless IMO. You could see how much she is hurting.

Lulu's anger just seemed unbelievable to me and I think her scenes were just awful (hope that is not considered actor bashing).

#19   2013/10/02 11:25AM
    Bizlet

Quote Nightmoves:
    Quote melirose:

Nope, sorry did not feel bad for her. I did feel bad for Dante however. Yes what Maxie did was wrong, but I believe she though she was doing the right thing for everyone involved. I don't believe she acted malicously at all and giving her baby away was sefless IMO. You could see how much she is hurting.

Lulu's anger just seemed unbelievable to me and I think her scenes were just awful (hope that is not considered actor bashing).

I was having trouble feeling sympathy for Lulu it was like she got a dose of what killing Luke and it is starting to affect her brain.

#20   2013/10/02 12:15PM
    melirose

Quote Nightmoves:
    Quote melirose:

I agree, I don't think Maxie was being malicious, but it was rude and I can't sit her in good conscience and say Maxie was being selfless...no ma'am I can't.

I also agree with you when you say Lulu's anger seemed unbelievable. I didn't care for her acting. Julie Berman would have done a way better job. And because of her horrible acting I did feel slightly bad for Maxie.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list