List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: GH...the actors

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

GH...the actors

Started by ghfanfare at 2013/09/23 11:47AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/28 07:46AM, Views: 2598, Replies: 27
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/09/23 07:28PM
    Re: GH...the actors
    Mrs. Lansing

There are many good actors on GH...almost too many to name. Laura Wright(Carly) is amazing. Maura West(Ava) is another, and Rebecca Herbst(Liz); what she does with a completely gray character is amazing work. Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis) when she is given something to do is great. Jane Elliot (Tracy) just love her. I also enjoy Genie Francis (Laura), Kristen Storms (Maxie), Finola Hughes (Anna), Lynn Herring (Lucy), Chad Duell (Michael), and the lovely Constance Towers as Helena.
    Okay now for the actors I have to grit and bare it through most of their performances, Anthony Geary (Luke) too much. John York (Mac), sorry boring! Jason Thompson (Patrick) he seems asleep most of the time. Lisa Locicero (Olivia) she just over acts (emotes) and basically chews scenery so much that she ruins every scene for me. Michael Easton (John/Caleb/Silas) there are not enough words to describe how terrible he is. My deepest regret is Roger Howarth (Todd/Franco) I had never seen him as Todd before GH, but I LOVED him as Paul on ATWT he was amazing! But what he is doing on GH is just too over the top and seems a bit too Hey look at me! Aren't I fabulous? For me to enjoy.
    But my biggest complaint goes to the actors who play Kiki and Morgan. They really need to find some other career, or get some more training. I understand the actress who plays Kiki started as a child on OLTL, but for me she is not capable of conveying one single believable moment, and the same goes for the actor who plays Morgan.

#12   2013/09/24 03:26AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote IslandGirl33:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote IslandGirl33: Chad Duell is an amazing young actor. I have always believed that of him and have to say that he proved that today. I had chills watching those scenes today! Great job today Chad!

agreed CD is good he proved that with the rape s/l and I know some have issues with Morgan(BC) but IMO he held his own today you could really see the pain of betrayal in his face.

BC did do well today but doesn't he always have that look of pain on his face? Sorry had to ask lol.

I thought that was a look of constipation.

#13   2013/09/24 10:32AM
    ghfanfare

Whatever chemistry ME and KM had is gone. That whole bit about Sam catching Silas kissing Ava and throwing a jealous fit was as flat as a stale beer.

#14   2013/09/24 12:46PM
    Insxx

Quote JaneDoe: MB is bringing it! He's fabulous when given something strong and powerful to work with. I know playing bipolar is not easy for him considering he suffers from it IRL, but I applaud him for taking this on and showing us what he's really made of.

Two actors that I think are good in their own way, but don't fit the roles are Morgan and NuLulu. Morgan is just so dense and angry all the time and I know people change as they grown... but this is no where near the old Morgan we once knew. I get young adult angst, but I think this actor is taking it too far. NuLulu is simply too perky and smiley for Lulu. Totally different from JMB's version and I'm just not feeling it.

ITA loving Sonny these days, I loved him letting the fur fly. He has been great with Michael and Morgan, love their scenes, and as a newbie Morgan have been hanging in there with the Vets!

#15   2013/09/24 12:50PM
    Insxx

Quote Meeksmonk: A lot of people complain about the actor who plays Morgan but I've thought that he was great from the beginning. Today he took it to a new level and to me, he owned that whole scene...nobody was touching him. I think at this point in Morgan's life, with how he feels about his family, he's going to be angsty and angry most of the time and I think the actor portrays it well.

I agree with a previous poster about the actress who plays Lulu. I think she's okay but I don't believe she fits this role at all. She just does not seem to have that Lulu quality.

The scenes where Spinelli learns the truth from Ellie are fantastic...all because of BA. He really showed his acting chops. He doesn't usually get a chance to do that.

I have no complaints with Morgan he is hanging in there with the Vets. He is going to be a really good actor, and the must important thing is he takes this as a job,acting. So be it banging the older woman he does it. He has a girlfriend and I am glad they have them in different storylines.I think this guy will go far,becuase he did hold his own with Sonny and Michael.

#16   2013/09/24 12:54PM
    Insxx

Quote ReignOfTerror:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote ReignOfTerror: I guess I don't see MB as a great actor like some do. I think he is an "ok actor" for a soap because after seeing him play Desi Arnaz...I think he is where he needs to be. He just needs to get it OUT! He CAN act out a scene ..like the ones today(Yes..he did them very well ..emmy worthy?)...but when he is having a conversation..it's like he has trouble remembering his lines.
    Is he bored? Maybe. I know I'm super bored with his character..so maybe he needs more scenes like today.

Was this too mean? Anyone? Hello? too mean? NO?

According to admin, the guideline is nothing "cruel" or "harmful." I am not a moderator, but I would say your post was neither.

This was how I felt about Steve Burton before he left GH for Y&R. Looked like he was bored silly and was sleepwalking through the last couple of years he played Jason on GH.

I thought the very same about SB too....then a friend who watches Y & R said the same thing..that he can really act. You know I despised Jason....but I love him now that he's gone LOL. I would though, like to see a recast and better dialogue.

I hate SBu on Y&R. I used to watch Y&R everyday, but rarely watch now. I haven't seen anything different with SBu acting he just not wearing that black leather jacket anymore(and maybe his acting will look better if he did). He is to bust trying to be a rock star, writer, what happen to his juice stuff?Couldn't pedatal that anymore?

#17   2013/09/24 12:56PM
    Insxx

Quote oltllover:
    Quote IslandGirl33: Chad Duell is an amazing young actor. I have always believed that of him and have to say that he proved that today. I had chills watching those scenes today! Great job today Chad!

agreed CD is good he proved that with the rape s/l and I know some have issues with Morgan(BC) but IMO he held his own today you could really see the pain of betrayal in his face.

BC is a good actor and so is CD, they both held their own with Sonny, they were really good scenes loved it!

#18   2013/09/24 04:06PM
    oltllover

Quote IslandGirl33:
    Quote oltllover:

BC did do well today but doesn't he always have that look of pain on his face? Sorry had to ask lol.

the puppy dog look.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/24 04:07PM
    #19   2013/09/24 04:51PM
    Bizlet

Quote Insxx:
    Quote ReignOfTerror:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote ReignOfTerror: I guess I don't see MB as a great actor like some do. I think he is an "ok actor" for a soap because after seeing him play Desi Arnaz...I think he is where he needs to be. He just needs to get it OUT! He CAN act out a scene ..like the ones today(Yes..he did them very well ..emmy worthy?)...but when he is having a conversation..it's like he has trouble remembering his lines.
    Is he bored? Maybe. I know I'm super bored with his character..so maybe he needs more scenes like today.

Was this too mean? Anyone? Hello? too mean? NO?

According to admin, the guideline is nothing "cruel" or "harmful." I am not a moderator, but I would say your post was neither.

This was how I felt about Steve Burton before he left GH for Y&R. Looked like he was bored silly and was sleepwalking through the last couple of years he played Jason on GH.

I thought the very same about SB too....then a friend who watches Y & R said the same thing..that he can really act. You know I despised Jason....but I love him now that he's gone LOL. I would though, like to see a recast and better dialogue.

I hate SBu on Y&R. I used to watch Y&R everyday, but rarely watch now. I haven't seen anything different with SBu acting he just not wearing that black leather jacket anymore(and maybe his acting will look better if he did). He is to bust trying to be a rock star, writer, what happen to his juice stuff?Couldn't pedatal that anymore?

I remembering watching the big debt with SBu on Y&R he had on a black shirt and I nearly spit out my soda. The next time I tuned in he was wearing a black t shirt a I said to myself I am not even going to bother. I started to follow Days.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/24 04:52PM
    #20   2013/09/26 08:35AM
    tllsmi

I love Michael Easton and when he was John McBain and him and Sam were together I loved it. But they have ruined him by bringing him back as Silas Clay and giving him this boring person to play...him and Sam have no chemistry at all now for some reason.

Kiki will always be Starr and Franco will always be Todd to me because they are making them interact with the same people as before they had to change...but I really hate this Morgan/Kiki/Michael storyline because I think it is really cruel to take up with someone your sibling is in love with.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list