List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Started by mrsmcmoose at 2013/09/22 04:24PM
    Latest post: 2014/05/18 04:16AM, Views: 19224, Replies: 219
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #41   2013/09/24 06:20PM
    Re: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu
    mrsmcmoose

Hi Everyone! Thanks for posting- so nice reconnecting with old and new friends. Such memories we have all shared.

I also should add that if anyone would like to comment on the show ... feel free. So much to discuss...

I watched today's Lante scenes today. While nice and pleasant enough, I felt on some level their was more of a "mimic" of the JuDo material, rather than ER and DZ creating their own "magic".. I still feel more of a "sister/ brother" vibe than "heat". And ER looks at DZ's Dante more with a schoolgirl crust on the football captain.

I didn't feel like I was watching a passionate, young couple in love with a new baby, but two experienced parents pretending to play just that. And Lulu looked to glammed up to be a frazzled, young mother.

Again, I just miss Julie more and more, with each passing day... *sigh*

Off topic, it would be very suitable for Dante to be involved w/ the Sonny/ Brother drama. Such a shame DZ is being cornered into just a story around the baby. Especially where I see both Dante and Lulu supporting plot points.

I am reminded of the early years of the Dante/ Sonny strife and conflict. I suppose that is being replaced by Morgan know. I miss the Sonny/ Dante dynamic.

Oh and Catie ... I was never a Tutu person...but I do recall adorning a "Sandy Colored Corset"

I think Jilly was the keeper of the lists Once Upon a Time..

#42   2013/09/24 06:36PM
    ashuri-chan

I wish I could imagine JMB in the role. But I do love watching the old Lante times on YouTube.

#43   2013/09/24 06:39PM
    mrsmcmoose

Quote ashuri-chan: I wish I could imagine JMB in the role. But I do love watching the old Lante times on YouTube.

You have the very cutest avi...

#44   2013/09/24 06:45PM
    ashuri-chan

Quote mrsmcmoose:
    Quote ashuri-chan: I wish I could imagine JMB in the role. But I do love watching the old Lante times on YouTube.

You have the very cutest avi...

Thank you

#45   2013/09/24 07:04PM
    daisysam

Hello all. Well, couldn't stomach the thought of watching, but did read recaps. I could almost cry thinking how Julie would have killed these. She and DZ would have been so adorable with that baby!! And I'm sure she would have found a way to make it funny too

And now since Mr. deVry has outed himself as an a@@, there is absolutely nothing I'm interested in. I need the Glades back on pronto!!

Night all

#46   2013/09/24 07:56PM
    Meegs

Hi everyone! So glad this thread was started-I can't believe how much I miss Julie as Lulu. Just finished watching today's show and all I could think of during the Dante/Lulu scenes was how much better the scenes would have been with Julie. Personally I thought the scenes were okay but I kept picturing Julie's Lulu and thinking how she would have done it. And I don't see any chemistry between Dante and Lulu anymore which makes me sad. Ava and Morgan have more chemistry together! As soon as the show was over I deleted it and didn't rush to rewatch the scenes as I know I would have the original Lante.

And I wanted point to say how fairly ridiculous it was that Olivia got an invitation to Morgan's reception but Dante and Lulu who are both blood related to Morgan were MIA. Similar to when Olivia and Steve were getting married and Elizabeth was the only one there. Anyway...missing vintage Lante!

#47   2013/09/24 08:03PM
    mrsmcmoose

Quote Meegs: Hi everyone! So glad this thread was started-I can't believe how much I miss Julie as Lulu. Just finished watching today's show and all I could think of during the Dante/Lulu scenes was how much better the scenes would have been with Julie. Personally I thought the scenes were okay but I kept picturing Julie's Lulu and thinking how she would have done it. And I don't see any chemistry between Dante and Lulu anymore which makes me sad. Ava and Morgan have more chemistry together! As soon as the show was over I deleted it and didn't rush to rewatch the scenes as I know I would have the original Lante.

And I wanted point to say how fairly ridiculous it was that Olivia got an invitation to Morgan's reception but Dante and Lulu who are both blood related to Morgan were MIA. Similar to when Olivia and Steve were getting married and Elizabeth was the only one there. Anyway...missing vintage Lante!

*waving* hope all is well..

I kept thinking how much fun it would have been to see Dante and Lulu play truly frazzled parents...

#48   2013/09/24 08:07PM
    Meegs

Quote mrsmcmoose:
    Quote Meegs: Hi everyone! So glad this thread was started-I can't believe how much I miss Julie as Lulu. Just finished watching today's show and all I could think of during the Dante/Lulu scenes was how much better the scenes would have been with Julie. Personally I thought the scenes were okay but I kept picturing Julie's Lulu and thinking how she would have done it. And I don't see any chemistry between Dante and Lulu anymore which makes me sad. Ava and Morgan have more chemistry together! As soon as the show was over I deleted it and didn't rush to rewatch the scenes as I know I would have the original Lante.

I kept thinking how much fun it would have been to see Dante and Lulu play truly frazzled parents...

I would have loved to seen that. I think that's what made these scenes even harder to watch because we were so looking forward to see Julie and Dom playing the frazzled new parents.

#49   2013/09/24 08:10PM
    mrsmcmoose

Quote Meegs:
    Quote mrsmcmoose:

I would have loved to seen that. I think that's what made these scenes even harder to watch because we were so looking forward to see Julie and Dom playing the frazzled new parents.

And with DZ and ER we saw "experienced" parents trying to play "frazzled parents"...just didn't work for me.

Unfortunately I think while Dante is engrossed in "Baby Drama".. there is no room for him in the Michael/ Morgan stuff..I think DZ has been written into a corner.

#50   2013/09/25 09:00AM
    4alarmblaze

Nice to see some new posters who aren't afraid to speak up!

Has anybody else been watching "Vintage Lante" on Soap Net?? I love seeing JMB in all those great outfits when she worked at Crimson..I really miss her.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list