List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Started by mrsmcmoose at 2013/09/22 04:24PM
    Latest post: 2014/05/18 04:16AM, Views: 18888, Replies: 219
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #21   2013/09/23 09:53AM
    Re: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu
    Something_Sp...

Just saw an interesting discussion on GH FB page started on Saturday. Thank you Carly Taylor, Caitie Rose and Karen for defending our position of disliking ER's Lulu. Because we don't like her portrayal that doesn't make it "hate" Sadly there are those who just don't understand the difference!

#22   2013/09/23 09:54AM
    Something_Sp...

Quote JMBDZalwayzLante: Hey.......giirlzzzzzz .....found the real lante thread with the real kick ass peeps....😄😄. Don't like cheap substitutes or sloppy seconds !

Welcome!!!!

#23   2013/09/23 09:58AM
    ashuri-chan

So glad this was made. Really the other topic doesn't seem too welcoming to new comers anyways. I commented once and got ignored.

Anyways though I totally miss the original Lante. They were so cute and looked so much in love and had the best chemistry.

No one is saying that the Nulu can act, me personally i don't think she is right for the role. Simple as that.

#24   2013/09/23 10:14AM
    Something_Sp...

Quote ashuri-chan: So glad this was made. Really the other topic doesn't seem too welcoming to new comers anyways. I commented once and got ignored.

Anyways though I totally miss the original Lante. They were so cute and looked so much in love and had the best chemistry.

No one is saying that the Nulu can act, me personally i don't think she is right for the role. Simple as that.

Welcome! We're like minded about ER not being right for the role so you came to the right spot.

#25   2013/09/23 10:47AM
    ashuri-chan

Quote Something_Special:
    Quote ashuri-chan: So glad this was made. Really the other topic doesn't seem too welcoming to new comers anyways. I commented once and got ignored.

Welcome! We're like minded about ER not being right for the role so you came to the right spot.

Thank you, i like your picture.

#26   2013/09/23 01:56PM
    mrsmcmoose

Quote Something_Special: Just saw an interesting discussion on GH FB page started on Saturday. Thank you Carly Taylor, Caitie Rose and Karen for defending our position of disliking ER's Lulu. Because we don't like her portrayal that doesn't make it "hate" Sadly there are those who just don't understand the difference!

Thank you. And thanks everyone for posting. I truly miss all the fun times we had posting about Lante. I know it has been a difficult time for so many that invested four years in supporting this couple. And I miss my "Lante" sisters to. I hope that another forum could just provide an outlet to share memories and thoughts on Lante - both past and present.

And yes to clarify. No one "hates" ER or any other actor on the show for that matter. We may not agree with the direction of a character or an actor's portrayal of a character, but that does not deem "hate". It is a creative choice and right of a viewer to come to any conclusion they have.

But my issue has been - and continues to be - that ER's interpretation of Lulu has just left me flat. I understand that there is a train of thought that ER's Lulu is a "softer" version more "Laura" than "Luke" and that this is the "grown-up" version of Lante. Whether be intent or not - the end result leaves me feeling empty.

I also understand that it would never be the same but I had really counted on an actress that could carry on the spirit of Julie's "Lulu". That while different - would keep me interested and engaged in the character and in turn the couple.

See in my view, Dante would have never have fallen for a "soft" Lulu. So I just can't wrap my head or heart around this theory. And thus my struggle in all of this. I just really miss the fiery, spunky, feisty "Lulu" that JMB portrayed.

As far as the WDV tweet. I find it very admirable and compassionate of a co-worker to support another co-worker. However - I do wish he had an opportunity to work with Julie and had a stronger connection with the character's history. Perhaps he could appreciate our struggles a bit more.

But anyway welcome..let's hope many feel comfortable enough to join in. And at the very least say "hello" and share a favorite memory.

I wonder what everyone has done with their lime green pom-poms and tu-tus?

#27   2013/09/23 02:13PM
    JMBDZalwayzL...

So glad this is here too. I just so miss my lante...what a mess it has become😢

#28   2013/09/23 03:21PM
    LanteIsJuDo

Trying to use my new avi. Did it come through?

#29   2013/09/23 03:23PM
    JMBDZalwayzL...

No..not yet

#30   2013/09/23 05:38PM
    Lante4life

Missing JMB like crazy! To be perfectly honest, I like ER, think she's adorable, but my Lante heart will always be DZ/JMB. I've mastered watching our current Lante while envisioning JMB in the scenes. I know it's sad and probably pathetic, but I love Lante. Period. I just can't give our couple up!

Love that this thread is up! Hope I'm welcome here, even though I'm tolerant of the new Lulu.

LANTE IS LOVE, LANTE IS DESTINY, LANTE IS FOREVER, LANTE IS ENDGAME!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list