List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Started by mrsmcmoose at 2013/09/22 04:24PM
    Latest post: 2014/05/18 04:16AM, Views: 19812, Replies: 219
    « 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 page:
    #211   2013/12/12 11:01PM
    Re: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu
    Costumer

Greetings to all "Vintage Lante" lovers. I haven't been over here in a looong time. But after catching up I had a couple of thoughts...well, maybe a few more than just a couple, LOL!

It's that word "vintage" that Caitie so beautifully expounded on that perfectly describes the beautiful pair of talented people that comprises our favorite soap couple that survived for four and a half years. I'd also add that "vintage" is also very descriptive of that which is considered "classic".

It's no wonder that, being a ballet instructor training children in what many believe is a dying art form, I am more than ever aware of just how much of what is considered "classic" is used to build what is current in the dance world. Ironic, then, to see "classic", "vintage" Lante torn down to re-create something that is new but has seemingly nothing (or very little), of the elements, structure and characteristics that made them so special, a couple that was built to weather as many storms as could be thrown in their path.

I draw some comfort that, from my perspective, Dominic has done yeoman's work. His performance in his scenes with Maurice Benard (12/12/13), were a prime example of what is still possible when an actor of his caliber is given material worthy of investment. (It didn't hurt that Kate Hall was the script writer, either.) If I thought that the recast was his equal in talent, ability and presence, I might be convinced that something resembling "classic", "Vintage Lante" would be enough to satisfy my sincere wish to continue to be touched and moved by this fictional couple who so captured my imagination, affection and heart. I guess the joke was on me for thinking this would be something that could be achieved with the current occupant of the role of L.

Julie and Dominic, as a dramatic pairing, were on a level with my favorite Pas de Deux couples, dancers that I continue to hold up as examples, both individually and together, for my students to emulate. For me, they will always and forever be the ultimate portrayers of these "classic" roles. And if that makes me a figure to be mocked, laughed at, or scorned for "living in the past" and not able to "look to the future", well, so be it. The future has it's roots in the past, and as it is with the best dancers in the industry today, there are very few that have gotten to their "future" without building their training on what is considered the "past", namely, "classic" ballet steps and structure.

RC has conciously chosen to bulid his version of Lante with very little that looks to be "classic". That is on him. The recast has chosen to build her version of L as she sees fit. And that's on her.

For me, it will always be "classic", "Vintage Lante" (and by extension, Julie's L and Dominic's D), by which whoever follows will be measured. High standards for acting that match what I ask my students to strive for as dancers. And I don't think asking for something that is excellent is asking for too much....But that's me.....

God bless and have a warm and lovely Christmas/Holiday season....B!

#212   2013/12/13 04:13AM
    mrsmcmoose

Good Morning -

Costumer - Thank you for "dusting" off the Vintage Thread.

I guess the joke was on many of us - I as well had my hopes up and counted on a recast that could capture my heart. So I could continue enjoying the story Dante and Lulu. It hasn't happened. It is just so hollow and empty for me.

I watched those DZ/ MB scenes. And DZ accomplished what he always manages to accomplish and makes us feel. However - my issue with this story is the 'writing' and part of it all feel apart for me, seeing Dante beating himself up over "PerjuryGate". Dante never perjured himself for his family - but for him. So again another "RetCon" by Ron.

Bothersome that RC continues to use another writer's "writing" in an attempt to tell a story. And for Lulu to "blame" Dante for losing Connie because of this "lie" is also a RetCon. The Lulu that Dante fell in love with would never go down that road. She knew how difficult a choice that was Dante back in the day.

I would think that DZ would have some internal struggle with this aspect of the Lante storyline.

#213   2013/12/17 02:47PM
    mrsmcmoose

Hello Vintage Lovelies...I hope all is well and those in the snow laden areas are warm and safe.

Not sure who is on Twitter or not, but thought I'd share:

About "changing Lulu's":
    @xxx @dom_zamprogna What was it like switching Lulu's all of a sudden? #AskGH

@dom_zamprogna @xxx not easy, emmes great. She helped me

About DZ's "friendship with JMB":
    @xxxx @dom_zamprogna #AskGH I think ER is doing great as Lulu! Are u 2 becoming as close friends like u were with JMB?
    Dom zamprogna ‏@dom_zamprogna @xxxxx me and @MissJMBerman had 4 yrs of fun and arguing and love and laughter. That takes time.

But this exchange between Dom and Julie - the true heart and soul of "Lante". No secret where all that spirit came from..

julie marie berman ‏@MissJMBerman @dom_zamprogna
    Dear Dominic,
    Do you find that your nipples chaff from your tight shirts? #theyrescenestealers
    Love, Julie

@MissJMBerman want me to talk abt your nipples in our sex scene?
    #AskGH

#214   2013/12/17 05:34PM
    oreott10

Quote mrsmcmoose: Hello Vintage Lovelies...I hope all is well and those in the snow laden areas are warm and safe.

Not sure who is on Twitter or not, but thought I'd share:

About "changing Lulu's":
    @xxx @dom_zamprogna What was it like switching Lulu's all of a sudden? #AskGH

@dom_zamprogna @xxx not easy, emmes great. She helped me

About DZ's "friendship with JMB":
    @xxxx @dom_zamprogna #AskGH I think ER is doing great as Lulu! Are u 2 becoming as close friends like u were with JMB?
    Dom zamprogna ‏@dom_zamprogna @xxxxx me and @MissJMBerman had 4 yrs of fun and arguing and love and laughter. That takes time.

But this exchange between Dom and Julie - the true heart and soul of "Lante". No secret where all that spirit came from..

julie marie berman ‏@MissJMBerman @dom_zamprogna
    Dear Dominic,
    Do you find that your nipples chaff from your tight shirts? #theyrescenestealers
    Love, Julie

@MissJMBerman want me to talk abt your nipples in our sex scene?
    #AskGH

That freaking made my day! I'm sure there is a Story there. Classic judo puts a smile on my face. Such close connections.

#215   2013/12/18 09:56AM
    Caitie

Thank you so much for posting these, Mrsmcmoose!!

This is the sort of thing I had hoped ALL Lante fans would have been able to share after Julie left - remembering the laughs, the good times and the friendships (both between Dom and Julie and between each other).

I would have hoped we could have All celebrated Julie's well-deserved Emmy win in June as something her talent and her contribution to Lulu, Lante and GH warranted. And it would have fun to have shared a few comments about her significant milestone birthday (her 30th) last month.

I say this all:

With good memories of laughs and tears shared together.

With full respect for the fact that, without Julie's considerable contribution, fans would not have the beautifully developed Lante story to continue to love. She and Dom not only brought their all, including a wonderful natural chemistry, to create "Lante." They also BOTH worked hard to keep "Lante" alive when the writing and screen time failed them. How many times did we speak about how Lante could do so much with so little? Well a lot of that was because of Julie.

So this isn't about clinging to the past, but it sure is about honoring that past by continuing to remember its important impact on the present and by also sharing in the smiles and laughs together.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/18 10:00AM
    #216   2013/12/23 09:09PM
    mrsmcmoose

Happy Holidays to you All...

Remembering two years ago today. One of my most special moments of Soaps ever...the wedding of Dante and Lulu. Such a fantastic story.

The couple is now such a former shell of what it was. Kudo's to DZ for his continued perseverance in trying to pull this new version off and carrying the weakness that ER brings to the character of Lulu.

Today Julie had a "Twitter Chat". One has to respect her honesty and candor, thoughts not trying to win a popularity contest.

Refreshing given the "overuse" of social media these days by actors in an attempt to gain fans and favor.

But getting back to Lulu.. Julie had this to say.

"I never liked storylines that felt out of character for Lu. Changing her truth to serve plot."

Genuine and heartfelt.. much of what is missing with #GH these days.

#217   2013/12/29 06:45PM
    mrsmcmoose

Hoping my "Vintage" Friends enjoyed the very best of Holidays...I have many thoughts.. but wanted to share this very recent piece from Michael Fairmans' "Best & Worst of 2013"... something we all may appreciate...xoxo

The Most Boring Character:
    Lulu Specer Falconeri – General Hospital – Thus far, since the thaw from her being put on ice by Stavros, and regaining her memory after her amnesia, and being angry and bitter over being lied to by best friend Maxie (Kirsten Storms) and losing custody of baby Connie, Lulu (Emme Rylan) is still pretty dull. Will the show liven her up … and make her more of a villainess in 2014? Something needs to be done. STAT!

#218   2013/12/29 06:51PM
    ashuri-chan

It's been forever since I commented on this topic. I saw JMB's old movie The March Sisters. She reminded me so much of the Lulu we all knew and love. I wish she would come back. Her character is being ruined.

#219   2014/01/24 09:55AM
    Something_Sp...

HI Ladies,

Been a while since I posted here. I'm glad to see Julie is doing an FCW event, just goes to show her fan base is strong!

As much as I'd love to see Julie back as Lulu I don't want her to have to clean up the ER mess and work with substandard writing (although we all know she'd rock it) ER's Lulu just needs to go away!

Looking back at the Lante breakup in Jan/Feb 2011 you felt their pain. I miss JuDo's connection and all they brought to the roles of Dante & Lulu.

Here's how it's done!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU9wcNjz-PQ

#220   2014/05/18 04:16AM
    Something_Sp...

Hearing lots of rumors of a Julie return! I'd love this just to see ER fans freak out! We all know its possible since she was there last week. would love our Lulu back!!

« 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list