List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Started by mrsmcmoose at 2013/09/22 04:24PM
    Latest post: 2014/05/18 04:16AM, Views: 19541, Replies: 219
    « 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 » »| page:
    #201   2013/11/20 08:07PM
    Re: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu
    mrsmcmoose

Quote Lovemylante:
    Quote ghfansince70s: I fell in love with Lante as portrayed by Dom and Julie. But I understood they were a fictional couple portrayed by actors. This is not real life! The angst that is expressed in this thread frequently makes me literally laugh out loud. The recasting of an actress is no reason for all the doom and gloom. On one hand, I think most of the posters on this thread need to get a life, while on the other hand, the posts are quite amusing...so keep up the good work!

I have to admit I've been reading the posts on this thread for some time and I get my daily dose of giggles from most of them. Seems lots of the posters here can dish it out on other boards, but can't take it on their own.
    Although I appreciate the love for Ms Berman that oozes from these pages I have but one question:
    I loved Julie while she was playing the part of Lulu Spencer Falconeri, but if she's as wonderful as the posters here seem to believe, why is she still jobless? I'd think some wise producer, casting director or other PTB would have scooped her up in a heartbeat. Hmmmm, things to ponder..

Hmmm. Interesting. What "other" boards would you refer to. I know many that post hear and nobody is afraid of engaging. Dialog is welcome.

And as a point of clarification this thread is NOT about Julie in her current status. But what Julie brought to thc couple. Hence the title "Vintage Lante". So if you would like to discuss the merits of Julie. I would suggest starting your thread to just that topic.

However, if you would like to engage in dialog rather than hurl insults. Your are most welcome.

#202   2013/11/20 08:15PM
    Nulantesuxass

Why r u lurking here ? ..does make u wonder .

#203   2013/11/20 08:15PM
    Lovemylante

Quote mrsmcmoose:
    Quote Lovemylante:
    Quote ghfansince70s: I fell in love with Lante as portrayed by Dom and Julie. But I understood they were a fictional couple portrayed by actors. This is not real life! The angst that is expressed in this thread frequently makes me literally laugh out loud. The recasting of an actress is no reason for all the doom and gloom. On one hand, I think most of the posters on this thread need to get a life, while on the other hand, the posts are quite amusing...so keep up the good work!

I have to admit I've been reading the posts on this thread for some time and I get my daily dose of giggles from most of them. Seems lots of the posters here can dish it out on other boards, but can't take it on their own.
    Although I appreciate the love for Ms Berman that oozes from these pages I have but one question:
    I loved Julie while she was playing the part of Lulu Spencer Falconeri, but if she's as wonderful as the posters here seem to believe, why is she still jobless? I'd think some wise producer, casting director or other PTB would have scooped her up in a heartbeat. Hmmmm, things to ponder..

Hmmm. Interesting. What "other" boards would you refer to. I know many that post hear and nobody is afraid of engaging. Dialog is welcome.

And as a point of clarification this thread is NOT about Julie in her current status. But what Julie brought to thc couple. Hence the title "Vintage Lante". So if you would like to discuss the merits of Julie. I would suggest starting your thread to just that topic.

However, if you would like to engage in dialog rather than hurl insults. Your are most welcome.

Thanks for the invite, but I believe in being in the present, and looking to the future, not living in the past.

#204   2013/11/20 08:17PM
    LanteIsJuDo

Lovemylante- with all due respect, if you've come here to engage in THOUGHTFUL dialogue you are most welcome. Even if you are a NuLu fan. HIWEVER continuing to troll these message board ( and perhaps reporting back?) does nothing for your cause. There are many other message boards that would welcome you with open arms. By spreading your hate and vitriol just makes you look even more spiteful than you claim we are. Please move on to another message board that would appreciate your P.O.V.

#205   2013/11/20 08:18PM
    Nulantesuxass

Quote Lovemylante:
    Quote mrsmcmoose:
    Quote Lovemylante:

Thanks for the invite, but I believe in being in the present, and looking to the future, not living in the past.

Then why are u posting on here...it's called VINTAGE ...???

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/20 08:26PM
    #206   2013/11/20 08:21PM
    Lovemylante

Quote mrsmcmoose:
    Quote Lovemylante:

No insult intended. Simply a question being asked and an opinion being expressed. After all, I know you are a big fan of personal opinion.

#207   2013/11/20 08:30PM
    daisysam

Quote Lovemylante:
    Quote mrsmcmoose:
    Quote Lovemylante:

So I am to believe you never remember an old friend or an old love and talk about old memories with your friends, that this is unacceptable? Okay, good to know. Because this is what we, as Vintage Lante fans, are doing. We miss the pairing of DZ and JMB and what they brought to the characters of Dante and Lulu and the unforgettable, yet to be unseated as #1 in our hearts, Lante. We, on this thread, talk about what it would be like if Julie were still here, and what we like and didn't like about the show. We are remembering our old, albiet fictional, friend. We aren't in the market for an new Lulu and don't really wish to talk about her, which is why this thread was born. If remembering good times is "living in the past", then so be it. Maybe the present isn't so great. Good night.

#208   2013/11/21 04:00AM
    mrsmcmoose

Quote Lovemylante:
    Quote mrsmcmoose:
    Quote Lovemylante:

No insult intended. Simply a question being asked and an opinion being expressed. After all, I know you are a big fan of personal opinion.

Hmm. I may have missed any opinion stated in your posts, other than broad statements without any sort of argument or dialog- bordering on insults.

And it is particularly cowardly to hide behind an anonymous Avi when obviously you know me. But I not you.

Again - this is a forum to appreciate the original version of Lante, share ideas about the current version as well as other aspects of the show. And also a place where old friends are comfortable posting. Isn't that what the spirit of reunions is all about? Remember "old times"?

#209   2013/11/22 07:43PM
    Caitie

Oh dear - been away from here for a while and come back to a bit of a giggle.

Seems some people got lost on the way to the Dictionary and found their way here instead. So, just to help with "directions," one definition of VINTAGE is "denoting something from the past of high quality." Now "vintage" may be a matter of taste - of individual opinion - and sometimes like-minded people meet in places like this to talk and remember what they consider "vintage."

To be more specific, let's use the example of movies and let's say that "The Wizard of Oz" and "Casablanca" are "vintage" movies. I think so anyway - and I can enjoy watching them from time to time - and I always enjoy remembering them and talking about them to like-minded friends. Is the definition becoming clearer now?

BUT, I also like watching, thinking about and talking about new movies. In fact, I just came home from watching "Catching Fire" which has just been released. AND, GUESS WHAT, I REALLY ENJOYED IT!! So, ya see, it's possible to like, remember, and talk about something "vintage" - something from the past ... and STILL like and want to talk about something in the immediate present. Hey - even something in the future because I'm already looking forward to the third and last movie in The Hunger Games trilogy. So, how are we doing? Is everyone OK so far with the understanding that we do know how to enjoy the present (even while we continue to respect and appreciate the past)?

(But, as an aside, I'm NOT going to talk about "Catching Fire" tonight because I want to be sure the rest of you have seen it before I do so.)

Now, there is one facet to this discussion of vintage - well anything from the past - as compared to what is new. Sometimes you don't like some things in the present and you might choose to say you don't. Continuing to use movies as an example, I saw three previews tonight. I really want to see one of these movies (Monuments Men), but I don't want to see the other two. So, how are we doing now? Is it clear that sometimes we don't like everything in the present and immediate future. That's how different opinions work.

That's all!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/22 07:44PM
    #210   2013/11/27 06:56PM
    mrsmcmoose

Happy Thanksgiving

Belated Thank you to Caitie for your perspective of "Vintage".

A perspective most poignant this time of year. As we give Thanks for the present and most importantly the past.

Appreciating those individuals and life events that help us shape ourselves as individuals.

Best to all that post in these forums and appreciative and thankful for an atmosphere that allows all opinions.

Be safe this Holiday Season.

« 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list