List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Started by mrsmcmoose at 2013/09/22 04:24PM
    Latest post: 2014/05/18 04:16AM, Views: 19792, Replies: 219
    « 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 » »| page:
    #191   2013/11/18 05:42PM
    Re: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu
    mrsmcmoose

Just over a year ago we had the scenes where Lulu "lied" on the adoption application. A year later Lulu "lies" about wanting to go on the run with Connie. Both lies told in the context of desperately wanting a child and doing what needed to be done to accomplish such a goal. Was the writing great for Julie's Lulu a year ago? No.

So now we come back to the recast. And the struggles so many Lante fans continue to have with Emme Rylan's portrayal as Lulu. Is that we just do not connect with her "version". She is a stranger. And continues to play Lulu as if the character is a stranger to the actress. Julie was just able to make the lemonade from lemons. And as absurd as the writing was for her, we were able to connect to Lulu in Julie's portrayal.

Thinking back my heart really was the compass for what I felt with Dominic's and Julie's portrayal of this couple. There was not "thinking" or "rationalizing" of their portrayals. They just made me feel. ER lacks in that capacity.

#192   2013/11/19 05:25AM
    Caitie

Quote mrsmcmoose: Just over a year ago we had the scenes where Lulu "lied" on the adoption application. A year later Lulu "lies" about wanting to go on the run with Connie. Both lies told in the context of desperately wanting a child and doing what needed to be done to accomplish such a goal. Was the writing great for Julie's Lulu a year ago? No.

So now we come back to the recast. And the struggles so many Lante fans continue to have with Emme Rylan's portrayal as Lulu. Is that we just do not connect with her "version". She is a stranger. And continues to play Lulu as if the character is a stranger to the actress. Julie was just able to make the lemonade from lemons. And as absurd as the writing was for her, we were able to connect to Lulu in Julie's portrayal.

Thinking back my heart really was the compass for what I felt with Dominic's and Julie's portrayal of this couple. There was not "thinking" or "rationalizing" of their portrayals. They just made me feel. ER lacks in that capacity.

Beautifully said!

I had a strange moment last week when I walked into a restaurant for a few minutes to pick up some take-out for lunch. Adele's "Make You FEEL My Love" began to play and, perhaps ironically, ended just as I finished my transaction and was about to leave the store. I thought about the words and their history for us on my way home - especially because I knew this was the day that Dante and Lulu would re-appear on my GH screen in the beginning of the custody hearing.

And "feelings" are what it's been all about since the beginning in 2009. Feelings are different for all of us, of course, so I can understand how some have been able to find a new home with the current Lante. However, many of us haven't. We no long "feel the love" that brought some of us back to full-time GH watching and many of us to the online soap world for the first time.

In closing, I'm still struck by the timing of hearing that song ... and the reminders that its words and your post bring on that Dante and Lulu no longer make me "feel their love."

#193   2013/11/20 04:46AM
    Caitie

Very interesting reading about the custody case:

soaptownusa.com/?p=4745

#194   2013/11/20 04:51AM
    ghfansince70s

I fell in love with Lante as portrayed by Dom and Julie. But I understood they were a fictional couple portrayed by actors. This is not real life! The angst that is expressed in this thread frequently makes me literally laugh out loud. The recasting of an actress is no reason for all the doom and gloom. On one hand, I think most of the posters on this thread need to get a life, while on the other hand, the posts are quite amusing...so keep up the good work!

#195   2013/11/20 06:05PM
    mrsmcmoose

Quote ghfansince70s: I fell in love with Lante as portrayed by Dom and Julie. But I understood they were a fictional couple portrayed by actors. This is not real life! The angst that is expressed in this thread frequently makes me literally laugh out loud. The recasting of an actress is no reason for all the doom and gloom. On one hand, I think most of the posters on this thread need to get a life, while on the other hand, the posts are quite amusing...so keep up the good work!

Well. Maybe you may want to share your thoughts with the administrators of the Soaps.com website. And perhaps they can just "shut down" the many other threads dedicated to discussion of soaps and tv so we "all can get a life"..

And in the meantime, I will ask that you don't post here again. Ok?

Glad we could provide the entertainment. No charge of course.

#196   2013/11/20 06:25PM
    LanteIsJuDo

I find it interesting that you feel the "need" to troll these message boards and admonish people who don't agree with YOUR P.O.V.! I guess the only way we can be considered Lante fan is for us tonight accept a sub-par recast as you seem to have done! Perhaps your services would better be served finding a place where your POV is wanted...because its OBVIOUSLY not here! Have a good day!

#197   2013/11/20 07:24PM
    oreott10

Well said Karen and caitie. I always love hearing your pov's. I definetly am missing Judo's lante and wishing they had been given this, but also makes me appreciate that jmb could do so much to keep me Invested with such little material to work with. I just do not feel it with these two. The couple is just gone for me.

Btw, these trolls aren't lante fans. Dz fans. Which is ok, but call it what it is.

#198   2013/11/20 07:45PM
    Lovemylante

Quote Caitie: Very interesting reading about the custody case:

soaptownusa.com/?p=4745

Thank you for recommending this article. I went in and checked this out. I must admit the author seems just a bit one sided don't you think?

#199   2013/11/20 07:52PM
    mrsmcmoose

Quote Lovemylante:
    Quote Caitie: Very interesting reading about the custody case:

soaptownusa.com/?p=4745

Thank you for recommending this article. I went in and checked this out. I must admit the author seems just a bit one sided don't you think?

I thought it was a very fair analysis of the story as well as other aspects of the show. The author writes a "soap column" how much more unbiased can one be?

#200   2013/11/20 07:53PM
    Lovemylante

Quote ghfansince70s: I fell in love with Lante as portrayed by Dom and Julie. But I understood they were a fictional couple portrayed by actors. This is not real life! The angst that is expressed in this thread frequently makes me literally laugh out loud. The recasting of an actress is no reason for all the doom and gloom. On one hand, I think most of the posters on this thread need to get a life, while on the other hand, the posts are quite amusing...so keep up the good work!

I have to admit I've been reading the posts on this thread for some time and I get my daily dose of giggles from most of them. Seems lots of the posters here can dish it out on other boards, but can't take it on their own.
    Although I appreciate the love for Ms Berman that oozes from these pages I have but one question:
    I loved Julie while she was playing the part of Lulu Spencer Falconeri, but if she's as wonderful as the posters here seem to believe, why is she still jobless? I'd think some wise producer, casting director or other PTB would have scooped her up in a heartbeat. Hmmmm, things to ponder..

« 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list