List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Started by mrsmcmoose at 2013/09/22 04:24PM
    Latest post: 2014/05/18 04:16AM, Views: 19786, Replies: 219
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #11   2013/09/22 06:13PM
    Re: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu
    daisysam

Everyone says recasts happen. GH has recast Carly, Lucky, AJ, etc. rather successfully. However, maybe because I was so in love with the story, the recast of either Dante or Lulu wasn't going to work. They WERE Lante, at least to me. Maybe somebody who just has a passing interest in the couple would be okay with it, and not be bothered by the obvious inconsistencies and shortcomings, but I just can't. It's like replacing family or a beloved pet. I know some were okay with a recast if the right Lulu was found, but even this I found hard to deal with. I also find it hard anymore to watch old clips, so my memories of Julie and Dom together are waning. Happy we have this place to talk it out. Smooches ladies

#12   2013/09/22 07:16PM
    dmmb1

I'm so happy to see this thread. Now, a place we can go without being judged or told to "get over it". There are too many memories for me to name just one. They were awesome--that is all.

#13   2013/09/22 08:38PM
    Costumer

Congratulations and thank you for establishing this thread. I cannot say how much I will post, if at all. I do hope it will be a place where those of us who, while acknowledging and accepting (to varying degrees), Julie's departure, still deeply love and cherish what she brought and built into the character of L. And that also includes how much she and Dominic Zamprogna and his D were a partnership that showed that magic does happen when you least expect it. And when you see it, you absolutely believe it is "Something Special".....

#14   2013/09/23 03:55AM
    Something_Sp...

Good morning!! So happy to see more JuDo Lante fans joining us! I look forward to chatting with all a of you about Lante past and present. Well present Lante is nothing to gush about but we can state our thoughts on that.

Have a great day! Xoxo

#15   2013/09/23 05:56AM
    LanteIsJuDo

Good Monday morning! Know its a little early to be snarky but I an not looking forward to the faux-gushing of the Fakenaris this week! I'm still blown awawy by the fact that other actors need to "defend" her! If she was that great of an actress she wouldn't need all of this propping!,And then look at who is propping her now and who isn't...She's had MORE than 6+ months to show her stuff...just ain't happening! And ad the self proclaimed recast Queen she should have hit the ground running not fall flat! Like I said thank God for Soapbet!,There is NO comparison! Anyway thanks for letting me snark! Enjoy your day ;-)

#16   2013/09/23 06:34AM
    Something_Sp...

Quote LanteIsJuDo: Good Monday morning! Know its a little early to be snarky but I an not looking forward to the faux-gushing of the Fakenaris this week! I'm still blown awawy by the fact that other actors need to "defend" her! If she was that great of an actress she wouldn't need all of this propping!,And then look at who is propping her now and who isn't...She's had MORE than 6+ months to show her stuff...just ain't happening! And ad the self proclaimed recast Queen she should have hit the ground running not fall flat! Like I said thank God for Soapbet!,There is NO comparison! Anyway thanks for letting me snark! Enjoy your day ;-)

Hi!! That's why this MB is here, snark away! It's been hard for REAL Lante fans to deal with watching such a flat performance. How can anyone say they are a fan of the couple when 1 person in the couple is unimpressive?

JuDo made Lante who they were and that's why we fell in love with them. I doubt many would have loved Lante if the current portrayals started were together from the start. Now there's no heat, no passion and you don't "feel the love"

#17   2013/09/23 06:38AM
    4alarmblaze

Quote mrsmcmoose: Created this thread to celebrate the characters of Dante and Lulu. Not only as individual characters but as the couple.

Much has been discussed with the departure of JMB as Lulu. Many miss here presence on screen with actors that include Tony Geary, Jane Elliott, Dominic Zamprogna, Kirsten Storms, etc.

But as far as "Lante" ... there are many that just miss the spunk and fire of LuLu that created 1/2 of couple known as "Lante".

And for many we miss the couple that we all knew as "Lante". So this thread was created to celebrate what was then. And share thoughts on how we miss "Lante".

Thanks for making this thread. I think there are many Judo/LanteFF out there that are really missing the couple and the awesome chemistry they had together. The way they looked at each other was simply amazing. I have yet to see any other soap couple with that connection.

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/23 06:46AM
    #18   2013/09/23 06:41AM
    Something_Sp...

Hi Ladies! Need a little help, I changed my AVI and it showing the new one on my profile but didn't change when I posted. I refreshed, logged off & logged back in and it still won't change. HELP!

#19   2013/09/23 06:50AM
    4alarmblaze

Quote Costumer: Congratulations and thank you for establishing this thread. I cannot say how much I will post, if at all. I do hope it will be a place where those of us who, while acknowledging and accepting (to varying degrees), Julie's departure, still deeply love and cherish what she brought and built into the character of L. And that also includes how much she and Dominic Zamprogna and his D were a partnership that showed that magic does happen when you least expect it. And when you see it, you absolutely believe it is "Something Special".....

I agree with you 10000000000%

#20   2013/09/23 09:47AM
    JMBDZalwayzL...

Hey.......giirlzzzzzz .....found the real lante thread with the real kick ass peeps....😄😄. Don't like cheap substitutes or sloppy seconds !

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list