List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Started by mrsmcmoose at 2013/09/22 04:24PM
    Latest post: 2014/05/18 04:16AM, Views: 18469, Replies: 219
    « 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 » »| page:
    #171   2013/10/25 07:09PM
    Re: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu
    mrsmcmoose

Quote daisysam: Hey Vintage Lexers:

Feeling sentimental tonight. This video shows why Judo are never replaceable. Oh the emotions and feeling - Just Wow.

youtu.be/iE0tUvwH7hc - Dante and Lulu After All

Watch it and cry with me!!!

Gosh I miss them. They were so fantastic.

#172   2013/10/26 09:01AM
    daisysam

Morning Vintage Lexers:

Cool morning but sunny - time to go out and rake leaves and do something outside!!!

Before you go, vote for your faves! You know what to do . . . . . .

tvsourcemagazine.com/2013/10/pulse-poll-october-21-2013-edition/

Later!

#173   2013/10/29 06:20PM
    mrsmcmoose

Waving Vintage Lante Friends

My goodness. After today's episode with ER's portrayal of "Lulu" our beloved couple does seem to pass further and further into the abyss of memory. It is remarkable that ER has managed to demolish the character of Lulu so - that the relationship between Dante and Lulu almost appears to have been non-existent. I am convinced if Julie had been playing the same scenes, the audience would have felt so much more longing and pain between the actors. DZ saved the scenes - as well as the very adorable Connie prop.

I truly wished for an actress that was intuitive enough and with talent that could embrace the role of Lulu. Regardless of story line. That could continue to make us feel. Sadly - IMO - ER is just lacking on so many levels.

#174   2013/10/29 08:04PM
    LanteIsJuDo

;( After reading ERs tweets and looking at the FB feedback it (1)makes me realize that Lante is truly dead! (2)That ER is SUCKING THW LIFE out of a beloved character +and DZ as well) and (3) I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE CRAPTINI SCREWING OVER JMB!!! This has got to tbw the WORST recast in history! She just doesn't have the capability to play anything deep! She's as deep as a mud puddle!

#175   2013/10/29 08:09PM
    mrsmcmoose

Quote LanteIsJuDo: After reading ERs tweets and looking at the FB feedback it (1)makes me realize that Lante is truly dead! (2)That ER is SUCKING THW LIFE out of a beloved character +and DZ as well) and (3) I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE CRAPTINI SCREWING OVER JMB!!! This has got to tbw the WORST recast in history! She just doesn't have the capability to play anything deep! She's as deep as a mud puddle!

About DZ.

ER does not know how to "play a room". She sticks on her mark and that is it. She is just "there'. As opposed to Julie how knew how to use a room and transferred her body language to tell the story.

DZ is a very similar type of actor where he uses body language to tell his story...the eyes, the hands, arms.. all there ..but with ER's limited range, DZ is left "stifled"..

#176   2013/10/30 03:28PM
    daisysam

JMB's birthday is next week...Nov 3rd. Send her a card at the studio if you get a chance. Let em know we miss her!!!

Ms. Julie Marie Berman
    c/o General Hospital
    ABC-TV
    4151 Prospect Avenue
    Hollywood, CA 90027

Smooches!

#177   2013/11/01 04:33PM
    daisysam

Evening Vintage Lexers,

Posting to remind everybody:

Don't forget to vote!

www.welovesoaps.net/search/label/Soap%20of%20the%20Week

tvsourcemagazine.com/2013/10/pulse-poll-october-28-2013-edition/

Let's show them who the real Lulu is!!!

Hope everyone remembered Julie's b-day!! (Nov.

Night!

#178   2013/11/01 06:23PM
    mrsmcmoose

Good Evening Vintage Lante Fans...

So much has been written, posted, discussed about Emme Rylan's portrayal of Lulu these past 7 months.

The actress has / had been given such a gift in this role. Inheriting a "Lulu" so skillfully, beautifully portrayed by Julie Berman for eight years. Julie loved the character of Lulu and played each facet of her life with such expertise. Making us feel her POV - whether we agreed or not. Julie was able to capture the heart of Laura in her character. Forgiving while able to maintain a calm sense. And also able to play Luke's daughter, portraying an edge that, well, made her a "Spencer". It was an unique combination Julie brought to Lulu. One that sustained the character for 8 years and garnered 3 Emmy Awards.

And it was those life experiences and character of Lulu that Dante Falconeri fell in love with. Dante's "hot blonde" - stubborn, strong willed. Loyal to family and friends - almost to a fault. Julie was able to sell some of Lulu's more "irrational" moments with such conviction and passion. We could feel her anguish, pain and determination.

Much has been written of ER's portrayal of Lulu during this custody storyline. And the frustration expressed by much of the viewing audience that they are not feeling any of Lulu's anguish or pain with her portrayal. And comments also made that Julie couldn't do much better. I disagree.

I recall the infamous "Bordello" storyline two years ago. Where Lulu seemed to almost have gone off the deep end, on a frustrating search for Luke. Putting herself and eventually Dante in danger. Lulu was very well criticized for that portrayal. However, while the writing was an obstacle, it was Julie's portrayal that was able to sell the storyline and make us feel her determination. Her scenes even garnered mention a scene of the week in SOD.

ER's "Lulu" is getting very similar type of writing. But despite the writing, many are simply unable to feel ER's anguish or pain. She is just coming across so "brittle" and "cold".

It was this type of writing and story that Julie and Dom mastered so well to keep us engaged in the Lante story. Two very different POV's...but each actor was able to play off each other in such a way we remained invested. I am just not feeling any of that. ER's Lulu and DZ's Dante just seem many miles apart.

#179   2013/11/03 07:05AM
    daisysam

Good morning Vintage Lexers!

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE!!! May your 30's be as good to you as your 20's. Miss you so!!

Beautiful day today, cold but sunny. Leaving soon to go play!!

Lastly, opinions of those who play both sides of the middle (definition: hypocrites) are never taken seriously. Shame on those that play that game.

Later ladies!

#180   2013/11/04 07:22AM
    WRITING ... DIRECTING ... ACTING
    Caitie

WRITING … DIRECTING … ACTING:

I’ve been reading various comments and interpretations of the roles of each of these in creating the final product which reaches the screen. And I think it’s a given that each of these three is important in this creative process. We know that a bad story and weak dialogue can damage a story and even characters – and it can make acting and directing jobs harder. We also know that directors add their own interpretations to the final product.

BUT, we can never forget the importance of the actor in giving life to the work of the writer and director. The actor becomes the face and voice of the words and stage directions and, thereby, is key in creating the needed emotional reaction and involvement from the audience.

If acting did not contribute to the final product, why are actors sometimes replaced in roles?

If acting were not important, why would casting directors sometimes take months to find the right person to deliver the words which have been written?

Bad acting can seriously weaken a good script – and good acting can sometimes transcend the writing – and give us something beyond the written word. And sometimes the best acted scenes are the wordless ones – those where the actor’s skill in delivering emotions IS the story.

Those of you who know me know that I prefer to use specific examples in discussions. In this case, I’m going to defer to examples from quotes made by soap magazine editors who make the points more succinctly than I can. Now, because Julie and Dom have long been favorites, the quotes I have immediately available are about their performances. However, now that this topic is top-of-mind, I’ll definitely be looking for other examples. (BTW, these quotes come from articles praising ACTING ability).

“THE WORDS WERE HARSH, BUT infused with Lulu's fear, worry and utter heartbreak, they proved to be a masterful showcase for Berman's ability to inhabit Lulu's vulnerability even when she's acting tough.”

“Crouched on the floor, her finger bleeding, Berman was never so vulnerable as when she stared at Luke. Her look of shock clearly conveyed she no longer recognized the man who stood before her. IT WAS A COMPELLING MOMENT, COMPOUNDED BY BERMAN’S UTTER SILENCE. Unable to move to first, a rattled Lulu eventually ran out.”

“Scenes that Geary and Berman share as Luke and Lulu are never anything less than overwhelming. IT’S NOT WHAT THEY SAY BUT RATHER HOW THEY SAY IT. THE WRITTEN WORDS DON’T JUST RATTLE AROUND IN THEIR HEADS BEFORE BEING PROJECTED FROM THEIR MOUTHS. INSTEAD, THEY BURROW DEEP DOWN INTO THEIR GUTS, WHERE THEIR VISCERAL MEANING IS BORN, all in the speed of light, and, miraculously, with the same interpretation. Just looking into each other’s eyes and breathing the same air seems to connect them with an invisible lifeline that feels so real and tangible that it’s difficult to digest that it’s all just make believe.”

And this one praising Dom does not speak specifically to the written word, but it does emphasize the importance of the actor in creating emotional details.

“Thanks to ZAMPROGNA’S STRONGHOLD ON THE EMOTIONAL DETAILS that make Dante Dante, he has created a true hero – and not just because his character wears a badge.”

« 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list