List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Started by mrsmcmoose at 2013/09/22 04:24PM
    Latest post: 2014/05/18 04:16AM, Views: 19409, Replies: 219
    « 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 » »| page:
    #131   2013/10/11 04:43PM
    Re: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu
    mrsmcmoose

Hi Caitie *Waving* I have missed your posts.

So many thoughts circulate in my mind reading both the "Two-Scoops" commentary as well as your insightful thoughts. I can't disagree with any of it, but can only agree..

But would like to add some thoughts.

As opposed to other recasts - ER was given a so called advantage in amnesia, as that "clean slate" to play "Lulu". Even DZ is quoted as being given a "free pass" in establishing a relationship with a new actor.

So to me the goal for ER has been to "re-define" Lulu as opposed to "play" Lulu. And somewhere along the way a parallel priority also seemed to be establishing chemistry with DZ / Dante as this "wipe the slate clean" version of Lulu.

And as a result an actress lacking the depth and perspective of Lulu to pull off pivotal moments with the true depth and emotion to really make the audience care and route for Lante.

I think why the perfect scenario would have been to see Julie perform these pay - off scenes, there would have been some consolation in viewing an actress with the "connection" to Lulu. But in this case, neither I am afraid.

As far as Julie leaving. That ship sailed along time ago and it is about ER's interpretation of Lulu.

#132   2013/10/11 04:53PM
    mrsmcmoose

So much to say, so little time. ...

I posted the following thought the other day at LL and thought I'd share here. ER's performance aside, there is just so much more wrong with this story. And that is the perspective of Dante and Lulu insisting on adopting Connie. The way Dante and Lulu have been written - why would they want to adopt a child with such immediate "baggage". How do they explain "how their child came to be"? And in DZ's own words - Dante and Lulu would never fight for a kid that wasn't their's.

Dante and Lulu should be taking that higher road and place Connie w/ her parents. Of course there would be the sorrow, anger, heartbreak. Perhaps some introspection as to choices made. This is the type of story that sustained JuDo's Dante and Lulu.

I do think the 'angsty' fall out would be a better story, especially for Dante. DZ and his "furrowed" brow... I feel for him and his character stuck in this baby story. He has been isolated from the drama involving his father, brothers. As a police office disconnected from Anna due to her current story. Minimal interaction with Olivia (whom by the way seems to have found quite a niche these days).

Morgan seems to be getting much of the early Dante vs Sonny storytelling written under Guza. Such 'meaty' stuff and conflict. But is seems that being written as the happy husband and settled son, much of DZ's material has been taken away from him.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/11 04:59PM
    #133   2013/10/11 06:31PM
    oreott10

Hey all! Haven't been ae to post much, but I have followed along. Such a waste to have ER in this story when it could have been Julie. I'll never get that.

As always, catie....very nice post with lots to ponder.

#134   2013/10/12 06:14AM
    4alarmblaze

BOOYAA!!!

A TWO PART post from Caitie!!

******* #STANDING #OVATION*******

I just caught up on Classic GH on SoapNet for this week. One of my all time favorite DZ/LLC then DZ/JMB scenes aired...the "marriage" talk. So well written and so well acted! Plus it was hilarious!

Oh how I miss them...

#135   2013/10/12 08:48AM
    daisysam

I missed the "marriage talk" epi this morning. That was such a great epi - great scenes for both - they worked those scenes like clockwork, their timing was PERFECT! No stepping on each other's lines or waiting for their turn to talk. So real . . . . What I wouldn't give to have that again. Happy 3 day weekend - rainy today but the Cards are playing (bye bye Dodgers) and I've got my old Lante stuff to watch.

#136   2013/10/12 10:05AM
    mrsmcmoose

I just watched the marriage talk episode. They were fantastic- the unique blend of sexy, fun and humor that made JuDo's Lante such a classic.

#137   2013/10/14 06:57AM
    mrsmcmoose

Happy Columbus Day and Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends. Hope everyone enjoys day - it is a beauty here on the Cape.

#138   2013/10/14 07:37AM
    ashuri-chan

It's been a while. How has everyone been? I'm not liking what's going on on the show right now with this story line. JMB would have knocked it out of the park!

#139   2013/10/14 07:42AM
    mrsmcmoose

Quote ashuri-chan: It's been a while. How has everyone been? I'm not liking what's going on on the show right now with this story line. JMB would have knocked it out of the park!

Good Morning. The storyline is pathetic...but Julie and DZ would have been able to sell it. But ER's portrayal of Lulu aside - the unrealistic piece of this is that there is NO WAY Dante and Lulu would want to fight for someone else' child. Not with the baggage they both experienced growing up. They would not want to subject a child to that. DZ know this. But ER I don't think has clue.

#140   2013/10/14 10:31AM
    Something_Sp...

Good Afternoon Everyone! Happy Columbus Day and Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Day to you all!

I want to give a big HUG and THANK YOU to Karen & Caitie as well as all the other posters expressing our point of view on the GHFB page. Each of you state our case eloquently & exactly as it is. It's sad to think that because there are differing points of view you get attacked for stating them.

ER is not right for the role, it's as simple as that. Because she's been on soaps previously and known as a "recast queen" does not make her perfect for this role.

« 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list