List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Started by mrsmcmoose at 2013/09/22 04:24PM
    Latest post: 2014/05/18 04:16AM, Views: 19963, Replies: 219
    « 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 » »| page:
    #111   2013/10/03 04:26PM
    Re: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu
    mrsmcmoose

So what does everyone think of the story?

Has ER had enough "chances" yet? To sound like a broken record I am of the opinion that ER continues to fail the writing of this story. I do not think that the it was the intent of CarTini to make Dante and Lulu the bad guys here. I am reading so much disdain for this couple. I feel that ER is just not evoking the sympathy needed to make this story successful. Unfortunately she has had 6 months for the majority of the viewing audience to feel her "Lulu" and it just isn't happening.

Interesting the irony. In that many are /were willing to accept ER as the softer "Lulu" more in the spirit of Laura. Yet I read that ER's delivery leaves them feeling hollow or empty or just 'cold'. Julie would have left us all in a heap of tears on the floor. I think this was the intent. Not the opposite.

I just can't see JMB's Lulu wanting a child that wasn't hers - especially given her own childhood.. and I think she would have too much "pride". This impending custody battle just seems too 'campy' and a cop-out. For me the bigger/ better story would be to see Dante and Lulu left reeling after giving back the baby, perhaps some introspection of why they trusted Maxie in the first place...if written well could have been some good "angst'.I think we could have seen Lante break down a little and rebuild- much like Julie & Dom's Lante over the past few years. It kept them interesting and a couple to root for.

Unfortunately, though, ER does not have the range to carry out such a scenario. And the obvious route here is an ugly custody battle. And I am sure it will get 'ugly'. Is this when Lulu's stint at Shadybrooke comes out? Dante covering for Brenda? Maxie's lies in the past? Spin's 'mob involvement'? And through all of this we see Lulu's quest to keep Connie- perhaps bordering on 'crazy and obsessive'

Say what you will about ER - I do not want the character of Lulu to go this route. Julie worked too hard.

#112   2013/10/03 05:39PM
    DestinyAIB

Quote mrsmcmoose: So what does everyone think of the story?

Has ER had enough "chances" yet? To sound like a broken record I am of the opinion that ER continues to fail the writing of this story. I do not think that the it was the intent of CarTini to make Dante and Lulu the bad guys here. I am reading so much disdain for this couple. I feel that ER is just not evoking the sympathy needed to make this story successful. Unfortunately she has had 6 months for the majority of the viewing audience to feel her "Lulu" and it just isn't happening.

Interesting the irony. In that many are /were willing to accept ER as the softer "Lulu" more in the spirit of Laura. Yet I read that ER's delivery leaves them feeling hollow or empty or just 'cold'. Julie would have left us all in a heap of tears on the floor. I think this was the intent. Not the opposite.

I just can't see JMB's Lulu wanting a child that wasn't hers - especially given her own childhood.. and I think she would have too much "pride". This impending custody battle just seems too 'campy' and a cop-out. For me the bigger/ better story would be to see Dante and Lulu left reeling after giving back the baby, perhaps some introspection of why they trusted Maxie in the first place...if written well could have been some good "angst'.I think we could have seen Lante break down a little and rebuild- much like Julie & Dom's Lante over the past few years. It kept them interesting and a couple to root for.

Unfortunately, though, ER does not have the range to carry out such a scenario. And the obvious route here is an ugly custody battle. And I am sure it will get 'ugly'. Is this when Lulu's stint at Shadybrooke comes out? Dante covering for Brenda? Maxie's lies in the past? Spin's 'mob involvement'? And through all of this we see Lulu's quest to keep Connie- perhaps bordering on 'crazy and obsessive'

Say what you will about ER - I do not want the character of Lulu to go this route. Julie worked too hard.

Bravo on this post! Sums up so much of what I have been thinking/ feeling. I hadn't even thought of all the old dirt being dug up but a custody battle does take this tale down a campy path! Campy is the Cartini way. Perhaps that's where TIIC thought ER's Lulu would be better suited? I too have thought about the writing and portrayal combination we have now undermining all of Julie's brilliant work of making Lulu such a complex and fascinating character. This NuLu is a whitewashed and unrecognizable version.

I was reminded yesterday when someone mentioned DZ saying that Dante wouldn't want to raise someone else's child that I just happened to know where I had seen it. In a SID article dated 8/19/13 Dom was quoted as saying:

"That would be devastating," agrees Dominic Zamprogna, who plays the father-to-be, Dante. "When it comes down to it, the kind of person he is, if it's not his and Lulu's kid, he's not going to raise Maxie's kid."

That was probably right before they handed him a script indicating a custody battle.

Well, just because I so miss that amazing chemistry that JuDo displayed with such ease and I happened to come across it, here's a link for the "squandering" scenes! The looks between them, the intimate contact, the teasing, etc...we don't get any of that with the new version!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9JhuIqrDh4

#113   2013/10/03 06:10PM
    aerinha

Aside from endless double personalities, the only other story carTini tells are baby swaps leading to custody battles most of the time.

Don't believe me? Remember the whole Sam's baby going home with Tea when CarTini first took over? That was round one. Now we enter round two.

#114   2013/10/03 06:18PM
    mrsmcmoose

Quote aerinha: Aside from endless double personalities, the only other story carTini tells are baby swaps leading to custody battles most of the time.

Don't believe me? Remember the whole Sam's baby going home with Tea when CarTini first took over? That was round one. Now we enter round two.

Truth. Dovetail in the Aiden paternity, it has been baby hijinks 24/7..

#115   2013/10/04 05:54AM
    4alarmblaze

Great Posts, Ladies! And Welcome to all the new posters!

I only read the recaps for yesterday. Even a shirtless Dante can't distract me from the complete flop the current version of this couple has become.

I get why they want to keep Connie but it would have been some good angst for Dante to want to give the baby back to her real parent and for Nulu to want to fight for custody.

Also what's the big deal anyway?...they will lose Connie only to discover Ben is really their biological child...

#116   2013/10/04 06:29AM
    lovelovegh

Quote 4alarmblaze: Great Posts, Ladies! And Welcome to all the new posters!

I only read the recaps for yesterday. Even a shirtless Dante can't distract me from the complete flop the current version of this couple has become.

I get why they want to keep Connie but it would have been some good angst for Dante to want to give the baby back to her real parent and for Nulu to want to fight for custody.

Also what's the big deal anyway?...they will lose Connie only to discover Ben is really their biological child...

Here is my issues with ER. I don't feel ike she has any connection with the other charactors, I don't think she is a bad actress I just think she does not show any true emotion with them. Perhaps because everyone else had worked together so long they were friends in real life and you could feel their connection. If ER had come on as a new charactor I think I would like her better. I liked her when she didn't know who she was and was living with Milo because you could understand the disconnect. even before the big reveal I feel like she could give two cents about Maxie or Spinelli.
    Also It bugs me that everyone is saying what Maxie did was the worse thing anyone could ahve ever done. Yes it was bad becasue Lante should have been given a choice to adopt Connie, they wanted to adopt anyway but I think Maxie's heart was in the right place. If the truth had not come out Lante would have raised Connie. When they were screaming at Maxie they were acting as if she said give me my baby back but she did not say this, she said you are still her parents. ....ready to be done with this now.

#117   2013/10/04 07:14AM
    Something_Sp...

Good Morning

Welcome new posters!

I am in complete agreement, ER has no range & depth with this character. Had a true search been performed to find a proper Lulu there would be no need for this discussion. When I think how Jen Lilley stepped into the role of Maxie and nailed it down to the flighty chatter and Maxie-esque mannerisms I wonder why the same care wasn't given to the character of Lulu.

ER is in over her head. She hasn't any of the nuances that Lulu embodies. ER's performance has left me flat since day one and this past week's performances have done nothing to change that. They were not moving, touching or even anger provoking. I felt nothing for my once loved couple.

How anyone can say ER was outstanding is beyond me. Open your eyes, look at the character performances between JMB & ER, THERE IS NO COMPARISON!

My only hope is the rumors are true and we get a top notch Lulu recast or JMB herself to return (which is my fervent hope) The GH/TRUE Lante fans deserve better than this poor man's Lulu.

#118   2013/10/05 09:39AM
    4alarmblaze

My First Choice would always be for JMB to comeback..

Second Choice for Bree Williamson to be cast..

#119   2013/10/08 09:29AM
    Something_Sp...

Something just struck me, JMB's Lulu was more devastated to learn of JZ & Maxie's hook up than this Lulu's reaction to losing a baby

www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-8COABgyr4

See for yourself! This is why we love JMB's Lulu

#120   2013/10/10 08:46AM
    mrsmcmoose

waving

After the past week of baby reveal scenes and aftermath - I miss the team play between JMB and DZ MORE than ever. So much seems to missing in the delivery of scenes. Despite ER's concerted attempts at emotion. Less was always more with Julie. ER hasn't quite gotten that message.

The irony remains in the defense of ER - that she was the softer, perky, happy, grown up "Lauraesque" Lulu as opposed the snide, cynical, glass half full "harsh" Lulu Julie portrayed.

And that this version of Lante was the married, settled down, ready for PTA meetings version of Lante that ER seemed so much more equipped to play. As opposed to the Lante Julie built -one that was hot, feisty, passionate, adventurous.

So now we have the married, settled down version that the ER supporters want. Which has resulted in nothing more than a boring version of the couple and subject of the FF button

And as for ER's softness - funny how I read the critique that she is coming off harsh and down right "mean".

DZ and Julie did these hearfelt, heartbreak scenes so much. I miss that.

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list