List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Started by mrsmcmoose at 2013/09/22 04:24PM
    Latest post: 2014/05/18 04:16AM, Views: 18751, Replies: 219
    « 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » »| page:
    #101   2013/10/01 05:48AM
    Re: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu
    mrsmcmoose

Quote Meeksmonk: I was so delighted that Dante used his detective skills to spot Spinelli and Maxie's lie. Lulu was looking too stupid today I don't want to blame everything on the writers or be too biased (which I am) but I wonder if they would've written JMB's Lulu that way. I just can't imagine her looking like a deer in headlights, believing that Maxie wouldn't lie. Come on, this is Maxie we're talking about. Lulu knows her so she shouldn't have been as naiive as she was. I can't wait to see tomorrow's episode, just for Dante's reaction. Gahhh I miss JMB! These scenes would have been explosive with her. I just miss that spice and feistiness! I at least hope that Lulu smacks Maxie. At the very least.

I think when Julie left, the intent was to write for "Lulu". I think the amnesia would have been written regardless of actress, but that ER used at as a "cop-out" to play the role. I also don't think that the intent was ever to write "Lulu" "more like Laura" or write "Lante" as "grown up Lante". What I think is that this is just another cop-out or white wash of ER's limited range and anemic acting skills. I think that while the writing for Lulu may have been dumbed down a bit, it would have been very similar. I don't think the intent was every to make Lulu look "dumb" - but that is just the way ER is coming across in her interpretation of Lulu. She came across just ok - no impact to make me feel her plight.

#102   2013/10/01 06:28AM
    Something_Sp...

Quote mrsmcmoose:
    Quote Meeksmonk: I was so delighted that Dante used his detective skills to spot Spinelli and Maxie's lie. Lulu was looking too stupid today I don't want to blame everything on the writers or be too biased (which I am) but I wonder if they would've written JMB's Lulu that way. I just can't imagine her looking like a deer in headlights, believing that Maxie wouldn't lie. Come on, this is Maxie we're talking about. Lulu knows her so she shouldn't have been as naiive as she was. I can't wait to see tomorrow's episode, just for Dante's reaction. Gahhh I miss JMB! These scenes would have been explosive with her. I just miss that spice and feistiness! I at least hope that Lulu smacks Maxie. At the very least.

I think when Julie left, the intent was to write for "Lulu". I think the amnesia would have been written regardless of actress, but that ER used at as a "cop-out" to play the role. I also don't think that the intent was ever to write "Lulu" "more like Laura" or write "Lante" as "grown up Lante". What I think is that this is just another cop-out or white wash of ER's limited range and anemic acting skills. I think that while the writing for Lulu may have been dumbed down a bit, it would have been very similar. I don't think the intent was every to make Lulu look "dumb" - but that is just the way ER is coming across in her interpretation of Lulu. She came across just ok - no impact to make me feel her plight.

Good morning!

I believe they wrote Lulu "more like Laura" because ER can't carry off the "Luke" side of being a Spencer. She's not feisty enough for the real "Spencer" things. JMB was everything we loved about her being Luke and Laura's daughter, she could play both soft and adventurous.

Looking at history, Lulu would never have been this naive when it comes to Maxie. Lulu knows Maxie faked a pregnancy to get brother. Yes they are older BUT leopards don't change their spots. As usual no history taken into consideration

I felt nothing yesterday and don't care about the impending custody battle. Baby Connie is not FauxLante's so there really isn't a reason for a battle.

Have a great JuDo Lante day!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAJExWA5NZE

#103   2013/10/01 07:06AM
    LanteIsJuDo

:| After watching the baby reveal I felt NOTHING for LuLu! I found her "facial acting" distracting at best! It was like watching a cheesy "Telenovela" Very limited in range and unfortunately instead of trying to stretch her acting abilities they are playing to her strengths which seem to be limited at best. Never thought I would say this...but I'm rooting for Spixie! SMH.

#104   2013/10/01 08:45AM
    Miz M

No, just no on the fighting for custody of Spixie's baby; unless GH's goal is to make the viewers dislike nuLulu more than they already do?

#105   2013/10/01 12:23PM
    4alarmblaze

DZ did a fantastic job today! He's such a great actor!

No comment on his scene partner.

#106   2013/10/01 04:20PM
    sarah23

Quote 4alarmblaze: DZ did a fantastic job today! He's such a great actor!

No comment on his scene partner.

I agree, DZ,KS, and BA really killed those scenes! But, like Lante is Judo, I'm rooting more for Spixie now.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/01 04:21PM
    #107   2013/10/01 05:26PM
    mrsmcmoose

Quote Meegs: Finally caught up on the show-so glad to see Dante putting things together and finally finally getting suspicious of Maxie and Spinelli. To me Lulu was just there-I was just neutral to her reaction and couldn't help thinking how Julie would have done it. If that makes me a mean person then I guess I am. Looking forward to Dante exploding tomorrow and really hope he gives it to Maxie and Spinelli.

Does it annoy anyone else how Sabrina says Carlos? I know it's the right way to say it and in Spanish you roll the "r" sound but it just irritates me. Kind of like how Giada tries to sound all proper Italian when she says pasta, spaghetti, mozzarella etc.

How could Britt not know that her mother was getting ready to knock her out especially when she told Britt there wasn't much time? And surprise surprise she took the baby. Although I'm glad the reveal is done, why was it Brad, a random character with no connection to Dante and Lulu telling them the truth?

Glad to see Robin today and looking forward to her return story. I love how GH isn't subtle in telegraphing when a character is about to return. After months of people not mentioning her name and more months of Emma not talking about Mommy, in the last month and a half, all her family has brought up her name and Emma misses her again after being BFFs with Sabrina.

Believe it or not, I actually enjoyed the show today but I just had some of these thoughts that I wanted to express!

I (We) don't think anyone is a "mean" person by posting /stating the way they feel about a fictional couple or actor. Many feel the same way. Sometimes (or most of the time) I feel that ER is just filling space on the canvas or a scene, letting anyone else fill in the gaps. I find her delivery "hollow" ...with no real lasting impact or connection to the audience. I think w/ Julie we would have sensed a bit more "spidey" sense with Dante and the scenes would have been that more effective..

I agree about Brad - but just another way this baby story is a plot point. Who would have thought the "truth" would come from Brad just to gain points w/ Felix? There would have been more impact if Ellie was to fill that role.

I am very glad Robin is back...shake Patrick out of this Sabrina coma he is in. But Dr. O and Britt were my highlight..they are kind of funny, I think.

Funny my GH friend at work was telling me how much she would like Sabrina and Carlos together.. she may be right.

I feel for DZ..trying to do the right thing supporting his new leading lady. I feel like we are missing so much from him, even after today's scenes. Today he was acting as if Lulu wasn't there...no sync.

Glad you are here Meegs...miss the good ole'days on the MB

#108   2013/10/01 08:24PM
    Meegs

Quote mrsmcmoose:
    Quote Meegs: Finally caught up on the show-so glad to see Dante putting things together and finally finally getting suspicious of Maxie and Spinelli. To me Lulu was just there-I was just neutral to her reaction and couldn't help thinking how Julie would have done it. If that makes me a mean person then I guess I am. Looking forward to Dante exploding tomorrow and really hope he gives it to Maxie and Spinelli.

Does it annoy anyone else how Sabrina says Carlos? I know it's the right way to say it and in Spanish you roll the "r" sound but it just irritates me. Kind of like how Giada tries to sound all proper Italian when she says pasta, spaghetti, mozzarella etc.

How could Britt not know that her mother was getting ready to knock her out especially when she told Britt there wasn't much time? And surprise surprise she took the baby. Although I'm glad the reveal is done, why was it Brad, a random character with no connection to Dante and Lulu telling them the truth?

Glad to see Robin today and looking forward to her return story. I love how GH isn't subtle in telegraphing when a character is about to return. After months of people not mentioning her name and more months of Emma not talking about Mommy, in the last month and a half, all her family has brought up her name and Emma misses her again after being BFFs with Sabrina.

Believe it or not, I actually enjoyed the show today but I just had some of these thoughts that I wanted to express!

I (We) don't think anyone is a "mean" person by posting /stating the way they feel about a fictional couple or actor. Many feel the same way. Sometimes (or most of the time) I feel that ER is just filling space on the canvas or a scene, letting anyone else fill in the gaps. I find her delivery "hollow" ...with no real lasting impact or connection to the audience. I think w/ Julie we would have sensed a bit more "spidey" sense with Dante and the scenes would have been that more effective..

I agree about Brad - but just another way this baby story is a plot point. Who would have thought the "truth" would come from Brad just to gain points w/ Felix? There would have been more impact if Ellie was to fill that role.

I am very glad Robin is back...shake Patrick out of this Sabrina coma he is in. But Dr. O and Britt were my highlight..they are kind of funny, I think.

Funny my GH friend at work was telling me how much she would like Sabrina and Carlos together.. she may be right.

I feel for DZ..trying to do the right thing supporting his new leading lady. I feel like we are missing so much from him, even after today's scenes. Today he was acting as if Lulu wasn't there...no sync.

Glad you are here Meegs...miss the good ole'days on the MB

Thanks! Those were the days to quote Archie and Edith Bunker. I so wanted to like the confrontation more than I did today-thought DZ, BA and KS were terrific and I really thought DZ shined the most in those scenes. I watched with an open mind, really want to connect with nuLu but it just didn't work for me. I don't know how to describe it but I just couldn't feel anything for nuLu. If it had been JMB, those scenes would have rocked and I know that I'd be watching them over and over again.

#109   2013/10/01 08:37PM
    mrsmcmoose

Hi Meegs...

I thought yesterday, perhaps, ER showed a bit of promise. And thought "how can she screw this up". But well..IMO she did. The shrieking and tear count didn't count for me. I remember reading a comment from the LL thread months ago about ER being the "campy actress" and today it proved true. For me no connection to the actress' portrayal of the character.

#110   2013/10/01 08:43PM
    mrsmcmoose

I thought I would share a "JuDo" flashback.. perhaps reminding some of Julie's "Lulu"..I find these scenes to be the perfect blend of Laura's compassion with Luke's skepticism.... this would be Dante's "Hot Blonde"....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Z0YMSjKoY

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list