List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: " I want my Mommy" 9-19-13

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

" I want my Mommy" 9-19-13

Started by ransomha at 2013/09/19 12:13PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/20 03:44PM, Views: 1714, Replies: 14
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/09/20 11:35AM
    Re:
    Monkey Mama

Quote oltllover:
    Quote ChargerGirl:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote PatsMom:
    Quote ransomha: Felt bad for Sabrina actually.
    All the soda and ice cream isn't going to win that girl over.

Now Sabrina knows what's it like to have Emma point her brattiness at her.

And Sabrina didn't seem too happy to stay home with Emma in the first place and miss out on a career opportunity at work AND Emma's not going on an overnight with an eye infection, so no nookie either. Welcome to motherhood Sabrina.

Sabrina offered over and over again to stay with Emma if she didn't want to she could have let Patrick call Mac and Felicia.

I agree. They have portrayed Sabrina as loving Emma to a fault so I don't think she was annoyed to be staying with her. Emma turning on her like she did surprised me a bit but considering she is six I guess it's understandable.

I'm gonna give the kid a pass since she is sick and glad that sabrina understands that kids are complicated little creatures.

That's how I felt too. My little girl just adores her Dad & my parents.... however when she is sick ALL she wants is Mommy & no one else will do. I for one NEVER expected Emma to forget Robin & consider Sabrina a substitute. IF Robin were to never come back it would only be safe to assume that during many events in her life (sick, prom, wedding, etc.) that Emma would miss & ache for her Mother. I also get how that can be both understandable AND hurtful to Sabrina who loves her dearly.

#12   2013/09/20 11:45AM
    Re:
    oltllover

Quote Monkey Mama:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote ChargerGirl:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote PatsMom:

And Sabrina didn't seem too happy to stay home with Emma in the first place and miss out on a career opportunity at work AND Emma's not going on an overnight with an eye infection, so no nookie either. Welcome to motherhood Sabrina.

Sabrina offered over and over again to stay with Emma if she didn't want to she could have let Patrick call Mac and Felicia.

I agree. They have portrayed Sabrina as loving Emma to a fault so I don't think she was annoyed to be staying with her. Emma turning on her like she did surprised me a bit but considering she is six I guess it's understandable.

I'm gonna give the kid a pass since she is sick and glad that sabrina understands that kids are complicated little creatures.

That's how I felt too. My little girl just adores her Dad & my parents.... however when she is sick ALL she wants is Mommy & no one else will do. I for one NEVER expected Emma to forget Robin & consider Sabrina a substitute. IF Robin were to never come back it would only be safe to assume that during many events in her life (sick, prom, wedding, etc.) that Emma would miss & ache for her Mother. I also get how that can be both understandable AND hurtful to Sabrina who loves her dearly.

Very true but I think over time Sabrina and Emma would share a bond as well and since she lost her mother when she was young I think she does understand

#13   2013/09/20 12:42PM
    Re:
    melirose

Quote oltllover:
    Quote Monkey Mama:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote ChargerGirl:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote PatsMom:

Very true but I think over time Sabrina and Emma would share a bond as well and since she lost her mother when she was young I think she does understand

Dead or alive a child will always yearn for their mommy even over the daddy if he is a constant. Emma just proved that she will always want her mommy. Doesn't mean she feels any less for Sabrina. They are already building a bond. Sabrina shouldn't feel a way, but I understand why she did.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/20 12:42PM
    #14   2013/09/20 02:56PM
    Re:
    Monkey Mama

Quote melirose:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote Monkey Mama:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote ChargerGirl:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote PatsMom:

Dead or alive a child will always yearn for their mommy even over the daddy if he is a constant. Emma just proved that she will always want her mommy. Doesn't mean she feels any less for Sabrina. They are already building a bond. Sabrina shouldn't feel a way, but I understand why she did.

I agree, I'm in my 30's and when I don't feel well I STILL enjoy my Mom bring me soup & a movie. I don't think Emma was being a "brat" I think she was being a sick little girl who wants her Mommy & is (understandably) sad, hurt & probably angry that her Mom will never (as far as she knows) be there to comfort her again. It actually brought tears to my eyes seeing the pain of that child. If I lost my Mom even now as an adult I would feel that loss, I can only imagine how hard it must be for a little child and Emma portrayed that sadness excellently.

And of course Sabrina is at a loss herself. She loves Emma & this is a pain she just cannot fix. She knows she will never be able to replace Robin, and we haven't seen her try to. But she loves Emma and wants to sooth her, it hurts that she can't. I found it all to be quite touching.

#15   2013/09/20 03:44PM
    Re:
    oltllover

Quote Monkey Mama:
    Quote melirose:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote Monkey Mama:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote ChargerGirl:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote PatsMom:

I agree, I'm in my 30's and when I don't feel well I STILL enjoy my Mom bring me soup & a movie. I don't think Emma was being a "brat" I think she was being a sick little girl who wants her Mommy & is (understandably) sad, hurt & probably angry that her Mom will never (as far as she knows) be there to comfort her again. It actually brought tears to my eyes seeing the pain of that child. If I lost my Mom even now as an adult I would feel that loss, I can only imagine how hard it must be for a little child and Emma portrayed that sadness excellently.

And of course Sabrina is at a loss herself. She loves Emma & this is a pain she just cannot fix. She knows she will never be able to replace Robin, and we haven't seen her try to. But she loves Emma and wants to sooth her, it hurts that she can't. I found it all to be quite touching.

ITA

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list