List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: well thats settled.(9/16/13)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

well thats settled.(9/16/13)

Started by oltllover at 2013/09/16 12:02PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/17 10:36AM, Views: 1456, Replies: 16
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/09/17 07:43AM
    Re: well thats settled.(9/16/13)
    JaneDoe

Quote theresao:
    Quote JaneDoe: I am glad the subject of whether or not Julian had plastic surgery has been put to rest, lol.

I will also agree that I like the way he got things done in a true no nonsense MOB fashion. Bang, you're dead.

As for what would be said if Sonny did that, I would probably have said something to the effect of how predictable or long winded his performance was.... in true, non-mob like fashion. Talk your enemy to death rather than just pull the trigger and be done. It's not about killing people or being a "villain" because I LOVE TRUE villains like Helz, CrAZy, Faith, and such. The no-nonsense variety that keep me entertained. It's the whiny, whoa is me variety that I find repulsive. The predictable, wash-rinse-repeat variety simply bore me.

LOL. Of course when Sonny shot Dante thinking he was an undercover cop it was all well and good as that is what a good mob boss does.

But... when Julian shoots an underling who ratted him out to the opposition, he's a weak bad guy.

My head spins trying to keep up...

I simply don't see the need to try to keep up, lol.

I loathe Sonny for more reasons that I have time to list. It's that simple. I LOVE to point out his faults (the multitude that is) because he disgusts me with his devotion to his family while he's shooting one of them, almost blowing up another, and getting another sent to prison. Not to mention his flip flopping bed partners and harem of mindless twits.... I could go on all day. Really, he makes it too easy!

FOR ME.... it's never been about him being a "bad guy" or "mobster" because I simply find him ineffective at both. It's not about who's killed more, or who is the most evil.... it's about WHO entertains me more and I FULLY admit that anyone capable of getting one over on Sonny or who gets under his skin is probably going to be a winner in my book. Some more than others because I think they are witty, charming, interesting, FUNNY, and so on. Many times it has nothing to do with Sonny.... like my love for Helz and Heather. Crazy-Evil is just fun to watch. Smart, diabolical is as well which is the category I'm putting the Jerome's in.

#12   2013/09/17 08:44AM
    theresao

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote theresao:
    Quote JaneDoe: I am glad the subject of whether or not Julian had plastic surgery has been put to rest, lol.

I will also agree that I like the way he got things done in a true no nonsense MOB fashion. Bang, you're dead.

As for what would be said if Sonny did that, I would probably have said something to the effect of how predictable or long winded his performance was.... in true, non-mob like fashion. Talk your enemy to death rather than just pull the trigger and be done. It's not about killing people or being a "villain" because I LOVE TRUE villains like Helz, CrAZy, Faith, and such. The no-nonsense variety that keep me entertained. It's the whiny, whoa is me variety that I find repulsive. The predictable, wash-rinse-repeat variety simply bore me.

LOL. Of course when Sonny shot Dante thinking he was an undercover cop it was all well and good as that is what a good mob boss does.

But... when Julian shoots an underling who ratted him out to the opposition, he's a weak bad guy.

My head spins trying to keep up...

I simply don't see the need to try to keep up, lol.

I loathe Sonny for more reasons that I have time to list. It's that simple. I LOVE to point out his faults (the multitude that is) because he disgusts me with his devotion to his family while he's shooting one of them, almost blowing up another, and getting another sent to prison. Not to mention his flip flopping bed partners and harem of mindless twits.... I could go on all day. Really, he makes it too easy!

FOR ME.... it's never been about him being a "bad guy" or "mobster" because I simply find him ineffective at both. It's not about who's killed more, or who is the most evil.... it's about WHO entertains me more and I FULLY admit that anyone capable of getting one over on Sonny or who gets under his skin is probably going to be a winner in my book. Some more than others because I think they are witty, charming, interesting, FUNNY, and so on. Many times it has nothing to do with Sonny.... like my love for Helz and Heather. Crazy-Evil is just fun to watch. Smart, diabolical is as well which is the category I'm putting the Jerome's in.

ITA with most of your post, except for the fact that I can't say I loathe Sonny because I don't "hate" any character as they all serve a purpose in moving storylines forward.

IMO the character of Sonny has run it's course, especially since his s/ls are repeating...we just went through Sonny on the darkside, not taking his meds, destroying barware, crying in his cornflakes when Brenda left two years ago now we're going through it again. We saw him bust into Robin's house waving a gun around threatening to shoot Jax, now he busts into the Quartermaines waving a gun around threatening to shoot AJ.

Now we're heading to Sonny getting involved with the woman who probably had something to do with Konnie's death (we know AJ didn't do it)just as he did with Claudia who had something to do with Michael getting shot. There's been no growth with character in years.

These are the reason I don't really care about this character that much any more, there's nothing new for him to do. What would have surprised me and had me enjoy him, is if he had manned up and been there for the family he loves so much when Konnie died. THAT would have shown growth.

#13   2013/09/17 09:02AM
    ghfanfare

They wanted to show that Julian and Ava are ruthless. Thus, Vince got popped and pushed into the harbor. The bones are piling up at that pier.

Anna seemed suspicious of Julian anyway, despite his story about crossing the crime scene tape. I am glad they are showing her with good cop instincts.

And, personally, I don't even need to compare Julian to Sonny. As far as entertainment goes, Julian is new and interesting. Sonny is old and tired. Enough said.

#14   2013/09/17 09:15AM
    oltllover

Quote ghfanfare: They wanted to show that Julian and Ava are ruthless. Thus, Vince got popped and pushed into the harbor. The bones are piling up at that pier.

Anna seemed suspicious of Julian anyway, despite his story about crossing the crime scene tape. I am glad they are showing her with good cop instincts.

And, personally, I don't even need to compare Julian to Sonny. As far as entertainment goes, Julian is new and interesting. Sonny is old and tired. Enough said.

That scene definitely showed that Julian and Ava can be ruthless and Anna and Duke have been saying that about the Jerome's. I thought it was Duke that felt something about derek but either way things are going to start heating up soon and I love the fact that there are many players in this s/l and not just the usual suspects.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/17 09:18AM
    #15   2013/09/17 09:40AM
    ghfanfare

Quote oltllover:
    Quote ghfanfare: They wanted to show that Julian and Ava are ruthless. Thus, Vince got popped and pushed into the harbor. The bones are piling up at that pier.

That scene definitely showed that Julian and Ava can be ruthless and Anna and Duke have been saying that about the Jerome's. I thought it was Duke that felt something about derek but either way things are going to start heating up soon and I love the fact that there are many players in this s/l and not just the usual suspects.

Yes, Duke seemed to have a moment there, too. And ITA that it has been very entertaining to see many characters interacting throughout the show rather than the chosen few sucking up all the airtime.

#16   2013/09/17 10:35AM
    JaneDoe

Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote oltllover:

Yes, Duke seemed to have a moment there, too. And ITA that it has been very entertaining to see many characters interacting throughout the show rather than the chosen few sucking up all the airtime.

Absolutely! Such a nice and refreshing change.

#17   2013/09/17 10:36AM
    JaneDoe

This is going to get interesting with Duke possibly going to work for Julian.

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list