List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: The new LULU

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The new LULU

Started by dcaminiti at 2013/09/16 09:48AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/19 07:18AM, Views: 1934, Replies: 19
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/09/17 07:26PM
    Re: The new LULU
    butterfly52

She is wonderful. I think it's one opinion. I could not stand the other Lulu. I was happy of her exit.

#12   2013/09/17 08:04PM
    mrsmcmoose

Quote butterfly52: She is wonderful. I think it's one opinion. I could not stand the other Lulu. I was happy of her exit.

So does that mean you didn't like "Lulu" or Julie? Because I thought this thread was about the character and not the actress.

Which BTW...I would love an answer by you or anyone reading ... what specifically was so "hateful" of JMB's "Lulu"...which keep in mind the the new "Lulu" carries with her.

#13   2013/09/17 08:11PM
    Lizzytish

Not terribly fund of nuLulu either -- but I think it's more to do with this ridiculously dragged out SL about the baby. I found her so annoying the way she treated Maxie == but I guess it was because I knew it was Maxie's baby and was tired of waiting for the reveal. It's awful that they let go so far as to let them take her home with them.

I love Maxie and think it's idiotic to expect us to believe she would rather give up her baby than hurt Lulu's feelings.

#14   2013/09/18 05:28AM
    dafyduc

As she has done in the past, ER has taken a character I really don't like and made me a fan. I couldn't stand Lizzy Spaulding til she took the role, hated Abby Newman til Marcy made me love her, now I am starting to care about LULU when before I could go a month without her and not miss her at all.
    I do think the writers are handling this whole storyline wrong though

#15   2013/09/18 05:46AM
    stonecoldhot

Quote mrsmcmoose:
    Quote butterfly52: She is wonderful. I think it's one opinion. I could not stand the other Lulu. I was happy of her exit.

So does that mean you didn't like "Lulu" or Julie? Because I thought this thread was about the character and not the actress.

Which BTW...I would love an answer by you or anyone reading ... what specifically was so "hateful" of JMB's "Lulu"...which keep in mind the the new "Lulu" carries with her.

For me it isn`t the actresses, it`s the character, I can`t explain it, I just never cared for Lulu,before this she never seemed to have a storyline, she`s just always there

#16   2013/09/18 06:16AM
    mrsmcmoose

Quote dafyduc: As she has done in the past, ER has taken a character I really don't like and made me a fan. I couldn't stand Lizzy Spaulding til she took the role, hated Abby Newman til Marcy made me love her, now I am starting to care about LULU when before I could go a month without her and not miss her at all.
    I do think the writers are handling this whole storyline wrong though

It sounds like you are very familiar with ER from past roles. I can respect this position. For someone not familiar w/ her work. I hold an opposite position in that with ER's translation of Lulu I have become disconnected to the character as well as the couple.

#17   2013/09/18 06:20AM
    mrsmcmoose

Quote stonecoldhot:
    Quote mrsmcmoose:

For me it isn`t the actresses, it`s the character, I can`t explain it, I just never cared for Lulu,before this she never seemed to have a storyline, she`s just always
    there

Julie's Lulu has had some great material with Tony, Jane, Dom, Kirsten etc. - but the past year the writing for Lulu has been very weak. Ironically since ER has arrived, Lulu has been getting far better screen time than Julie had in the months before her leaving. Sad actually that the writers couldn't embrace her talents more.

I wonder if that was part of the strategy - make viewers care "less" for Julie's Lulu to make the transition even more easy for ER. Not sure.

But either way I feel nothing for this version the character or the couple no longer. Not sure that is the results TPTB are looking for.

#18   2013/09/18 07:39AM
    Nightmoves

I didn't like the old Lulu and I'm REALLY not liking the new Lulu. I don't like her treatment of Maxie and I really don't know why but she just bugs me.

I'd prefer the old Lulu back...never thought I'd say that

#19   2013/09/18 02:28PM
    CHATTERBOX22

Quote CHATTERBOX22:
    Quote mrsmcmoose: LOL.. I respect everyone's opinions. But I can't accept the "ER's Lulu" is the "Laura Lulu" vs "JMB's Lulu" as the "Luke Lulu". The character of "Lulu" is the blend of both Luke AND Laura- encompassing Laura's heart, forgiveness, compassion with Luke's snark, cynicism.. "SpencerSpideySense" - Julie was able to embody all these traits of Lulu. She could play vulnerable and afraid in one scene and turn on the "protective, loyal girlfriend or sister the next.

While I don't begrudge anyone from liking the actress of ER vs JMB. What bugs me is that some are so quick to forget about what "Lulu" is. Just to accommodate the acting traits of a new actress. I say "Just play the role"..If one isn't a Lulu fan or a Luke fan or a Duke fan or a Anna fan - fine. But don't change a character to accommodate an audience or actress.

I just wanted an actress that could play Lulu in the same vein as Julie did. Nothing more, nothing less. I didn't want the character to "change". It isn't about the actress for me, but what an actress can bring to a character. And IMO ER is failing that.

Ok I agree with what you are saying, they are writing the character different. JMB was definitely more spunk and fight than sweet, shy and submissive. JMB was loyal, honest and stood as an equal to Dante, she was Luke's daughter. ER is sweet, soft spoken and rewritten to be a young Laura. There is no way the old Lulu would have not checked on Maxie sooner, let alone made that speech to Ellie about having a baby. The old Lulu wold not have said anything to Ellie because of her loyalty to Maxie. They have changed the character.

I still agree with what I have said both actress are great but JMB material was different, more Luke Spencer's daughter, tough, no nonsense, dating mobsters and their sons Lulu. Now with ER they are writing Lulu as Laura's daughter, sweet, very soft spoken which I believe is why so many people are finding it had to adjust, we are not seeing the Lulu we knew. It's like something change when Starvos took her, who knows maybe it did and we will get a good storyline.

#20   2013/09/19 07:18AM
    JaneDoe

Quote Nightmoves: I didn't like the old Lulu and I'm REALLY not liking the new Lulu. I don't like her treatment of Maxie and I really don't know why but she just bugs me.

I'd prefer the old Lulu back...never thought I'd say that

This makes me happy NM!

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list