List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Reminder to please label spoiler threads.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Reminder to please label spoiler threads.

Started by Soaps Admin at 2013/09/16 09:13AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/17 12:13PM, Views: 747, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/09/16 09:13AM
    Reminder to please label spoiler threads.
    Soaps Admin

Hello,

Reminder. If you are posting a thread and want to allow spoilers in it, label it as a spoiler thread in the title. Otherwise try to keep spoilers out of regular threads as not everyone likes to be spoiled. If you feel you must post them you can feel free to post them like this:

SPOILER

Spoiler post goes here.

SPOILER

This way they will know to look beyond to the next post.

Example: So and so gets killed

Thank-you.

ADMIN

#2   2013/09/16 09:52AM
    Re: Reminder to please label spoiler threads.
    JaneDoe

Thank you!

#3   2013/09/16 10:52AM
    ReignOfTerror

All the good this will do...This is what some spoiler threads look like...this is just a sample...not a real (unfortunately) spoiler.

OR......they are watching the show in their time zone (it hasn't aired yet in the rest of the country)...and a title will look like this..

So often they put the spoiler in the actual title.

#4   2013/09/16 11:01AM
    JaneDoe

Quote ReignOfTerror: All the good this will do...This is what some spoiler threads look like...this is just a sample...not a real (unfortunately) spoiler.

OR......they are watching the show in their time zone (it hasn't aired yet in the rest of the country)...and a title will look like this..

I like your "wishful thinking" thread titles Reign! I also agree that it's super annoying to come into the thread during the show only to see what's happening displayed right there in the title. I've reported that before and the mods did change the thread title, but it is unfortunate that many choose to keep doing this and ruining what could be great surprises for others.

#5   2013/09/16 11:38AM
    ghfanfare

I seem to recall a time where there was ONE spoiler thread for the show. It was nice because there wasn't a gazillion of these spoiler threads all over the place.

#6   2013/09/16 07:55PM
    genhospchat

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ReignOfTerror: All the good this will do...This is what some spoiler threads look like...this is just a sample...not a real (unfortunately) spoiler.

I like your "wishful thinking" thread titles Reign! I also agree that it's super annoying to come into the thread during the show only to see what's happening displayed right there in the title. I've reported that before and the mods did change the thread title, but it is unfortunate that many choose to keep doing this and ruining what could be great surprises for others.

Agree with both of you! Remember the days when people were respectful of others and followed the rules of the board?! Remember when people talked only about that days show in a thread for that day for others who haven't seen in yet and then everyone would talk about it together later on?

*sigh* nostalgia

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/16 07:58PM
    #7   2013/09/16 08:12PM
    ReignOfTerror

Exactly Jane and Gen (if you were a couple...you'd be Gane or Jen..hee)...I can't tell you how many times I have come in here an hour before the show starts in my time zone...and someone is posting ABOUT THAT DAYS SHOW....IN THE TITLES!
    No...she can't say in the title..."TODAYS SHOW (date)Comments".....and then tell us what's going on inside the text...each topic has to be in a separate thread. OY!

Jane...I was trying to be respectful of his fans and not get too graphic or violent...

#8   2013/09/17 06:57AM
    JaneDoe

I think this warrants bringing back to the top. I'm finding more threads containing spoilers that are not labeled IN THE TITLE. Please do not create a thread for spoilers without using "SPOILERS" in the THREAD TITLE. PLEASE!!!

#9   2013/09/17 09:15AM
    ghfanfare

Quote JaneDoe: I think this warrants bringing back to the top. I'm finding more threads containing spoilers that are not labeled IN THE TITLE. Please do not create a thread for spoilers without using "SPOILERS" in the THREAD TITLE. PLEASE!!!

It was good here for a while. Must be a lot of spoilers out there lately. Almost seems like a contest of who can top who in posting them.

#10   2013/09/17 09:35AM
    genhospchat

Quote ReignOfTerror: Exactly Jane and Gen (if you were a couple...you'd be Gane or Jen..hee)...I can't tell you how many times I have come in here an hour before the show starts in my time zone...and someone is posting ABOUT THAT DAYS SHOW....IN THE TITLES!
    No...she can't say in the title..."TODAYS SHOW (date)Comments".....and then tell us what's going on inside the text...each topic has to be in a separate thread. OY!

Jane...I was trying to be respectful of his fans and not get too graphic or violent...

Don't even get me started on that Reign, done my own battles with that and was told not to come online if I didn't like it. Excuse me? Just be respectful and say "Todays Show" it's not difficult.

Oh and JD keeps trying to steal MY man, just a little info I thought you may not know incase of future reference.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list