List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: What I don't get....?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What I don't get....?

Started by redrome at 2013/09/06 09:46PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/07 08:16AM, Views: 453, Replies: 3
    page:
    #1   2013/09/06 09:46PM
    What I don't get....?
    redrome

Listen how come: since Kristen Alderson, Roger Howarth , and Michael Easton did not want to return to OLTL especially going on Prospect. Then what is the issue with this angst about just allowing them to remain as their original characters: Starr, Todd, and John on GH? It was awesome watching them as those roles on the show rather then the new ones those three were stuck with because of the 'law suit' or what ever is going on that prevented GH from furthering them as Starr , Todd and John.

Would GH be able to use their original characters if One Life to Live does not return to Prospect Park?

#2   2013/09/06 10:18PM
    Re: What I don't get....?
    cardgirl

Quote redrome: Listen how come: since Kristen Alderson, Roger Howarth , and Michael Easton did not want to return to OLTL especially going on Prospect. Then what is the issue with this angst about just allowing them to remain as their original characters: Starr, Todd, and John on GH? It was awesome watching them as those roles on the show rather then the new ones those three were stuck with because of the 'law suit' or what ever is going on that prevented GH from furthering them as Starr , Todd and John.

Would GH be able to use their original characters if One Life to Live does not return to Prospect Park?

Prospect Park owns all the rights to the characters. The actor's are under contract with ABC. They have to work for GH until their contract's are up or ABC allows them to get out of them. Regardless of that, Prospect Park will always own the rights to the character's and OLTL. They can use them in whatever manner they choose now. This is why they found a way to have the character's leave town, so that they can recast, should they choose to ever bring any of the character's back. Even if they online show never gets going again, they will always own the rights to the characters which means GH can never have them back.

It was a stupid idea for GH to bring those character's to GH knowing that Prospect Park might someday need them back. And knowing that the character's were only on loan to GH to keep interest in OLTL.

I hate that GH is allowing these "new" characters to keep some of the traits they had on OLTL, it's irritating and I think insulting to the actors. It makes them look like they only are able to ever play one character. You can't just change their hair and make me believe they are different. I am getting sick of watching OLTL hidden in GH. I liked GH the way it was. I will say the writing is better. But this mess with these character's is getting old.

#3   2013/09/07 08:09AM
    alissain

I miss the old days when all three Soaps were on ABC! Thats what I miss.

#4   2013/09/07 08:16AM
    stonecoldhot

Quote alissain: I miss the old days when all three Soaps were on ABC! Thats what I miss.

Me to! I really miss OLTL which was my fav.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list