List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Lulu & Dante = Selfish!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lulu & Dante = Selfish!!!

Started by LTB726 at 2013/09/06 02:55PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 11:51AM, Views: 2061, Replies: 23
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2013/09/06 02:55PM
    Lulu & Dante = Selfish!!!
    LTB726

Geesh Lulu - your best friend just gave birth and her hormones are running all over the place - could you be a bigger brat?!?!??!?!. Dante - I want to smack him - someone carries your kid for 9 month and you threaten them - hope it come to light about the baby - they make awful parents

#2   2013/09/06 03:26PM
    Re: Lulu & Dante = Selfish!!!
    jleykey

Quote LTB726: Geesh Lulu - your best friend just gave birth and her hormones are running all over the place - could you be a bigger brat?!?!??!?!. Dante - I want to smack him - someone carries your kid for 9 month and you threaten them - hope it come to light about the baby - they make awful parents

I agree, to an extent. I can understand being concerned about Maxine being obsessed with "their" baby, even trying to breast feed her, that would worry me too. But they need to be grateful everyday to Maxie and be more patient with her. They are being over the top mean to her. I almost can't wait for the truth to come out just to knock them down a few pegs. I know that's also mean because they will be horrible, but they shouldn't be treating Maxie this way. And I know she's lying so some think she deserves it, but at this point they don't know that.

#3   2013/09/06 03:26PM
    shepmajor

Quote LTB726: Geesh Lulu - your best friend just gave birth and her hormones are running all over the place - could you be a bigger brat?!?!??!?!. Dante - I want to smack him - someone carries your kid for 9 month and you threaten them - hope it come to light about the baby - they make awful parents

Yep. It doesn't make what Maxie's done any better, but good grief! Forget what we know about the baby truth...

For all they know, Maxie DID carry their baby for nine months and of course some bonding is going to occur.

Add to that the fact that Maxie almost DIED and lost copious amounts of blood. She's been heavily sedated. Was confused after surgery, plus the memory of seeing her dead sister. Her hormones are wonking out all over the place, and she has to be in pain, not just from the surgery, but from the physiological reaction to childbirth - the need to nurse...

Given all that, Dante and Lulu can't find one iota of real sympathy/empathy or gratitude for the gift she "gave" them?

Yes, Maxie's plan was ill-conceived from the start, but it did not come from a place of selfishness. She desperately wanted to do right by them. It's a huge sacrifice to even think about giving up one's own child, yet she was determined to follow through on her promise to Lulu - at great personal sacrifice. Right reasons, wrong actions.

#4   2013/09/06 03:33PM
    BringBackStarr

I agree with this thread...

Lulu and Dante are THRU with Maxie after the birth....Trying to keep her away from "their" baby....Geez---They shouldnt have kids....

#5   2013/09/06 04:16PM
    Meegs

The posts in this thread is exactly what TPTB wanted-to have fans turn against Lulu and Dante and side with Maxie. Lulu and Dante have been cast as the villains since the beginning of the story and they will continue to be the villains once the truth is revealed so that all sympathy will reside with Maxie and Spinelli.

#6   2013/09/06 04:33PM
    Meeksmonk

I can definitely say that my sympathy will not lie with Maxie and Spinelli because this whole thing was Maxie's fault from the beginning for lying. And now Spinelli is lying too so although I felt bad for him at first, I currently do not...although I do genuinely believe that he is still trying to come to grips with how he could ever tell Dante and Lulu the truth. BUT, despite the fact that I do not care for Maxie, I have to say that I hate the way Dante and Lulu are treating her right now - they're being so nasty and ungrateful. If I were them, I'd be a little worried too but I don't think I could treat my best friend who just carried a baby for me that way. And honestly, the new actress doesn't help much because I still haven't warmed up to her (not sure if I ever will, honestly) so this is just making it worse. The writers are making Dante and Lulu look just awful right now.

#7   2013/09/06 08:21PM
    LifetimeGHLUVER

Quote shepmajor:

Yep. It doesn't make what Maxie's done any better, but good grief! Forget what we know about the baby truth...

For all they know, Maxie DID carry their baby for nine months and of course some bonding is going to occur.

Add to that the fact that Maxie almost DIED and lost copious amounts of blood. She's been heavily sedated. Was confused after surgery, plus the memory of seeing her dead sister. Her hormones are wonking out all over the place, and she has to be in pain, not just from the surgery, but from the physiological reaction to childbirth - the need to nurse...

Given all that, Dante and Lulu can't find one iota of real sympathy/empathy or gratitude for the gift she "gave" them?

Yes, Maxie's plan was ill-conceived from the start, but it did not come from a place of selfishness. She desperately wanted to do right by them. It's a huge sacrifice to even think about giving up one's own child, yet she was determined to follow through on her promise to Lulu - at great personal sacrifice. Right reasons, wrong actions.

ITA with everything you said here. Very well written. Geez that Looney Lulu...there's just something about NuLulu that seems a little more "whiney" than JMB's Lulu. Maybe it's just me. Where is a Cassadine when you need one? Paging Stavros...your ice princess is waiting for you....hehehe.
    Dante is coming across as more of a meathead too. Guess Sonny's gene's were gonna show up in his firstborn sooner or later. I miss the old Lante...when Dante and Lulu first got together. Steamy chemistry and I didn't want to punch them. I hope they can be redeemed. Miss that old feelin', ooooh that lo-vin, fee-eeelin'!

#8   2013/09/06 08:23PM
    LifetimeGHLUVER

Quote Meegs: The posts in this thread is exactly what TPTB wanted-to have fans turn against Lulu and Dante and side with Maxie. Lulu and Dante have been cast as the villains since the beginning of the story and they will continue to be the villains once the truth is revealed so that all sympathy will reside with Maxie and Spinelli.

Good point. They are always toying with our emotions! LOL.

#9   2013/09/06 10:29PM
    switzerland

OMG are you guys serious? Lulu was like "no Maxie this won't be a good idea for you to carry our baby" Maxie was "oh no I want to do this for you. Please let me show you how responsible I can be!" Now, she wants to breast feed the baby and she's calling her Georgie? And you think that any sane normal parents, who are already trepidatious about a surrogate carrying their child think this would be normal behavior? What should they do? Say ah go ahead breast feed her! What Maxie needs to do is tell the truth!

#10   2013/09/07 04:38AM
    Niki6682

I don't see them as being selfish. All they know is that Maxie has developed an unhealthy attachment to "their" daughter. As grateful as they are to Maxie, it would be irresponsible of them as her friend and as parents not to nip it in the bud. They are trying to rip the band aide off quickly instead of what Maxie is doing by keeping this secret as long as she has. She should have come clean right away. Lante would have been hurt, but now it's going to be so much worse. Everyone is being so hard on Lante, forgetting that they are the ones who going to have their hearts ripped out. Maxie may have been trying to do the right thing, but as usual she has just made a mess.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list