List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Kiki/Star

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Kiki/Star

Started by taramartin at 2013/09/06 06:03AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/07 02:19PM, Views: 1472, Replies: 12
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/09/06 06:03AM
    Kiki/Star
    taramartin

This actress is due for a make over. I have watched her since she was a little girl on OLTL and always enjoyed her scenes with Todd (now Franco). It's also fun to see her with Michael - especially knowing they are interested in each other in real life. Lately though she has not looked her best. I don't know what her natural color of hair is and I know she had to change it to play Kiki but somehow things aren't coming together. Does she have a spray tan? Her lipstick color is not flattering and her shirts look like she is trying to hide a big stomach but she doesn't have one. Someone on the set needs to work with her.

#2   2013/09/06 06:44PM
    Re: Kiki/Star
    cddior

I wish they would work with her right back over to OLTL! She doesn't fit in general hospital and neither does her OLTL father - They should have left them where they were! We want the General Hospital actors and actresses - not the OLTL cast!!

#3   2013/09/06 09:24PM
    LifetimeGHLUVER

I was fine with Todd and Starr coming over from Llanview (or was it another town, I forget). They did a good job blending them in to GH, all things considered. BUT, I just can't get used to the "new" Starr, KIKI, and her dad, wait he's not her dad, Franco. I see him on screen and know what? I can't remember who he's supposed to be. I'm like, Hey Todd's back! Then I'm like, nope, he's not playing Todd. Then his hair is all different YET AGAIN and my highly visual brain can't seem to place him in a file. Same with Kiki-her hair and wardrobe are sorely lacking and do the poor girl no justice. Since they brought them back as different people, it just doesn't work for me. At all. No offense to the actors, it's not them. It's the writing, and wardrobe/hair/makeup and trying to fit them into a storyline that just doesn't work for me.

RH doesn't deserve this IMO. He's quite a fine actor. This is insulting! I feel like I'm watching GH and then these other two people who don't belong there. That to me is the writer's fault-not the actor's. It's so sad. It was going really well when they first brought them over from OLTL. It got totally screwed up thanks to legalities/Prospect Park, etc. I wish Kiki and Francenstein would drive off a cliff and it would all just have been a bad dream and Todd and Starr can come back, just as it should have been from the get-go.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/06 09:28PM
    #4   2013/09/06 09:33PM
    redrome

Agreed. I want Kristen Alderson and RH to remain on GH. The two are a great fit, including John McBain too. But just to keep them as their original OLTL names, Starr and Todd Manning and John McBain. Michael fitted with Starr...and Todd was a great addition to Port Charles as so wasnt John he made a great addition to the PCPD also. Just because Prospect Park is having difficulties with the other Soaps then just let the names/characters Starr, Todd and John go. The actors did not want to return to One Life To Live, they liked it better on GH and were moving on with their lives.

#5   2013/09/06 09:33PM
    redrome

Agreed. I want Kristen Alderson and RH to remain on GH. The two are a great fit, including John McBain too. But just to keep them as their original OLTL names, Starr and Todd Manning and John McBain. Michael fitted with Starr...and Todd was a great addition to Port Charles as so wasnt John he made a great addition to the PCPD also. Just because Prospect Park is having difficulties with the other Soaps then just let the names/characters Starr, Todd and John go. The actors did not want to return to One Life To Live, they liked it better on GH and were moving on with their lives.

#6   2013/09/06 09:36PM
    redrome

PS...laughs

I liked her as Starr the best. Starr and Michael were great and had a lot of potential.

#7   2013/09/06 11:38PM
    flanndreams

I agree with the comments here. It does make it confusing to keep track of who they are because your brain is seeing Starr, Todd and John but oh, wait, nope, they're new people now. I know this is all because they weren't expecting to be back on OLTL and when it was revived, their show claimed them back, but I can't get used to their new GH characters and just doesn't make sense to me.

With M.E., especially, he was John, then vampire guy Caleb came to town and people confused John with him because they looked alike, but now he's Silas, who looks like his brother Caleb...or something like that, I've lost track. LOL.

I wish the writers could've had a magic ball to see whether the revived OLTL will even make it in the long run; if not, then maybe they could've waited till John, Todd and Starr were free to return. They had started romances with some PC residents that I wanted to see more of.

#8   2013/09/07 12:30AM
    redrome

Quote flanndreams: I agree with the comments here. It does make it confusing to keep track of who they are because your brain is seeing Starr, Todd and John but oh, wait, nope, they're new people now. I know this is all because they weren't expecting to be back on OLTL and when it was revived, their show claimed them back, but I can't get used to their new GH characters and just doesn't make sense to me.

With M.E., especially, he was John, then vampire guy Caleb came to town and people confused John with him because they looked alike, but now he's Silas, who looks like his brother Caleb...or something like that, I've lost track. LOL.

I wish the writers could've had a magic ball to see whether the revived OLTL will even make it in the long run; if not, then maybe they could've waited till John, Todd and Starr were free to return. They had started romances with some PC residents that I wanted to see more of.

I agree with you one hundred percent. It doesn't look like One Life to Live is lasting on Prospect Park or going to proceed with all the news going on. So I don't understand the reasons they wont just let GH have the original characters those actors played before returning as the new ones being written for them now. It is clear the actors did not want to go back to One Life to Live after it was gone.

#9   2013/09/07 05:40AM
    taramartin

Prospect Park and ABC didn't think ahead when they had the 3 actors cross over. I think ABC felt they could build viewership for GH and PP felt they'd keep their characters alive for fans to follow them back online. Now OLTL is on the self while PP and ABC fight it out over ABC killing off Hope and Cole. Meanwhile, RH was on season one of OLTL As Todd. What a mess. I don't know who is in the right but I hope if ABC ever kills GH that PP will adopt it.

#10   2013/09/07 06:20AM
    GHfan78

i think the idea of playing a new character was probably exciting at first for Kristen since she had played Starr for most of her life. When they first introduced Kiki, it looked like she was going to be the bad girl so she would be very different than the very good, very intelligent Starr. But now she's not so bad but lacks the intelligence of Starr. And I like her with blond hair better.

I defintiely like ME as John better than Silas. But it doesn't bother me too much. The whole Franco thing was IMO a huge mistake and I can't believe that whomever made that decision doesn't hugely regret it. But I don't want the characters to leave as I would watch RH do anything!!!

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list