List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Carly SHUT UP!!!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Carly SHUT UP!!!!!!

Started by genhospchat at 2013/09/05 07:39PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 09:10PM, Views: 1681, Replies: 33
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/09/07 08:26PM
    Re: Carly SHUT UP!!!!!!
    KillerQueen

Quote Nightmoves: Thanks for the warning Gen. Oh where to begin...I'll start with Frodd/Todd/Franco whatever the heck his name is. I think it is the writer’s end game to have these two become a couple. I won't blame the writers for her actions because I hate when others do that. While I don't want them as a couple I would not have a problem with Carly befriending Frodd. I'm also glad she talked him out of killing himself for as despicable as his behavior was he is still a human being. I think that alone showed growth for Carly. A younger Carly would have offered to help him.

The reasons I don't mind her befriending him are first off he is Jason's brother I know he tortured Jason but he is still his brother and I believe Carly sees him as an extension of Jason. I think she also believes the brain tumor may have been responsible for his behavior (did you see when Diane pulled out that jar yuck but it was funny). He does seem to want to make amends for what he has done and has shown a vulnerable side. Carly is also being cautious to a point not willing to admit that she is his friend.

Next AJ. I do like AJ and do feel sorry for him as he is his worst enemy and also has a vulnerability that makes me want him to turn his life around and get it right. I did miss some of the Carly/Sonny/AJ years, but I do believe Carly had a hand in creating some of what AJ has become. I feel Carly feels threatened by AJ in some way as she feels she will loose him to Michael, dumb IMO but that's her insecurity coming out. I did like that she put her feelings for AJ aside to help Michael find him as that to me shows some growth on her part too.

As for Liz, I got the feeling she was thinking 'hhhmmmm maybe everyone warning me off of AJ was right'. Not that she was thinking Carly is a hypocrite.

Carly is so complex to me. I love her loyalty to her friends, her love of her children (while she is not always right, she does have the best intentions IMO), her unpredictability and most of all I love her dumb plans (and her hair).

And let s not forget that for all Carly and the town of P.C. knows A.J. did murder a woman while drunk. Regardless of what Carly did in A.J s past it still dosent change A.J s pattern, Carly took Michael, mommie loves Jason more, grandpa kicked me out of ELQ etc etc etc it s THIER fault I drink and THIER fault I do bad things, boo flipin whoo. It started before A J knew Carly. Not saying A J is the real killer just that is what is believed at this point. And Michael did give AJ a chance and even told AJ they could start their own company but AJ chose drinking over his bio son. SO, like Carly or not, she told the truth about A.J.....her own misdeeds and past are a different topic.

#22   2013/09/07 09:56PM
    genhospchat

Quote KillerQueen:
    Quote Nightmoves: Thanks for the warning Gen. Oh where to begin...I'll start with Frodd/Todd/Franco whatever the heck his name is. I think it is the writer’s end game to have these two become a couple. I won't blame the writers for her actions because I hate when others do that. While I don't want them as a couple I would not have a problem with Carly befriending Frodd. I'm also glad she talked him out of killing himself for as despicable as his behavior was he is still a human being. I think that alone showed growth for Carly. A younger Carly would have offered to help him.

The reasons I don't mind her befriending him are first off he is Jason's brother I know he tortured Jason but he is still his brother and I believe Carly sees him as an extension of Jason. I think she also believes the brain tumor may have been responsible for his behavior (did you see when Diane pulled out that jar yuck but it was funny). He does seem to want to make amends for what he has done and has shown a vulnerable side. Carly is also being cautious to a point not willing to admit that she is his friend.

Next AJ. I do like AJ and do feel sorry for him as he is his worst enemy and also has a vulnerability that makes me want him to turn his life around and get it right. I did miss some of the Carly/Sonny/AJ years, but I do believe Carly had a hand in creating some of what AJ has become. I feel Carly feels threatened by AJ in some way as she feels she will loose him to Michael, dumb IMO but that's her insecurity coming out. I did like that she put her feelings for AJ aside to help Michael find him as that to me shows some growth on her part too.

As for Liz, I got the feeling she was thinking 'hhhmmmm maybe everyone warning me off of AJ was right'. Not that she was thinking Carly is a hypocrite.

Carly is so complex to me. I love her loyalty to her friends, her love of her children (while she is not always right, she does have the best intentions IMO), her unpredictability and most of all I love her dumb plans (and her hair).

And let s not forget that for all Carly and the town of P.C. knows A.J. did murder a woman while drunk. Regardless of what Carly did in A.J s past it still dosent change A.J s pattern, Carly took Michael, mommie loves Jason more, grandpa kicked me out of ELQ etc etc etc it s THIER fault I drink and THIER fault I do bad things, boo flipin whoo. It started before A J knew Carly. Not saying A J is the real killer just that is what is believed at this point. And Michael did give AJ a chance and even told AJ they could start their own company but AJ chose drinking over his bio son. SO, like Carly or not, she told the truth about A.J.....her own misdeeds and past are a different topic.

She still does the same thing. She JUST tried to have Franco killed. If youre saying Carly's past can be excused, so can AJ's .

#23   2013/09/08 08:56AM
    KillerQueen

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote KillerQueen:

She still does the same thing. She JUST tried to have Franco killed. If youre saying Carly's past can be excused, so can AJ's .

I don't excuse Carly s past at all, she was a mimi Bobbi Spencer back then. Carly certainly has her flaws as well as her strong points. As I recall Carly stated she didn't trust Franco with her children, that would inply all three of them. She also stated she didn't know if this was one of Frankco games or not so at this point I don't think she is 100 percent sold on Frankco being a new man. As to AJ, I don't think...not a spoiler, I don't think he killed Connie but as far as everyone in P.C. knows , he did. Just because Carly s past isn't white dosent mean she didn't tell the truth about AJ, murder aside, AJ hasn't changed his pattern at all. He claimed he wanted to know Michael, and Michael kept an open mind and gave him a real chance, even told aj THEY COULD START A COMANY OF THIER OWN...sorry key stuck. AJ is a waste of air time, IMO. But that s what makes it a Soap...some charactors we like some we learn to like and others we never will

#24   2013/09/09 07:37AM
    Nightmoves

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote Nightmoves:
    Quote genhospchat:

I can NEVER get behind Carly being friends or anything else with the man that was the reason her son was sexually assaulted. If she is all about her kids, she'd have nothing to do with man for ANY reason. It doesn't matter, IMO, that this is Jason's brother because it was her best friend, someone she called family, Jason that Franco ALSO tortured. Because of him Jason never knew his child, because of him that Jason was miserable for years. Nope sorry don't buy the "Jason's brother" example.

As for her showing humanity for Franco, just a couple weeks before that she paid to have him killed. No sorry that doesn't wash either. I don't like the "it's the writers fault" excuse either BUT if it was any other actor, we ALL know these two wouldn't even be in the same room, let alone friends, had it not been for RH playing Franco. Carly befriending him makes HER look bad so it's HER that I will call out lol.

She may be feel insecure with AJ being close with Michael but Franco had her son raped. How can we, as viewers, be expected to buy this? If it was another actor, would viewers allow themselves to be ok with this friendship? If I was an RH fan, should my love of him skew the story and the ruination (in the lightest sense) of the Carly character just for him? Would her being friends with Franco not be more of a reason to lose Michael than him bonding with his biological father?

I do respect your love of Carly but I can't buy this friendship. They should have had him come back as Jimmy Lee if they wanted him to be a Quartermaine or ANY other character.

Oh and, I know I've complained about this before but, what's with the Franco Quartermaine name btw in court? Did he legally change his first name from Robert to Franco and his last name from Frank (the reason he has the nickname Franco) to Quartermaine?

Yes I know Franco has done awful things to everyone and I also know he was inadvertently responsible for Michael's rape. IRL were that 'my daughter' there is no chance in hell I would befriend him.

Yes Carly did try to kill him for what happened to Michael. I think it was not until she found out he had a brain tumor, he thought he was Jason, and she witnessed how sick he was on the bridge that night that he really may not have been responsible for his actions. And yes, I think she may have begun to see him as an extension of Jason. I am glad she did not let him kill himself. Honestly I respect the fact that she helped him that night.

I do not want them as a couple as I think that would be too much for all that has happened. Honestly, I am a huge fan of RH and would have prefered he NOT come back as Franco as well. It will not ruin Carly for me (remember I lived through the limo sex and survived). But I really, really do NOT want them as a couple.

I also don't think she would loose Michael if she befriended Frodd. Michael has come a long way and most of the time acts like more of an adult than the rest of them put together. I think if she explained all of these things he would in fact understand....

Oh that darn limo sex!!! You really are a fan! I can't figure out which is worse, that or this lol

No I see how you see it and understand but I don't see them just being friends, unless they are replacing him for Jason as Carly's go to guy. I could "accept" that, as long as it NEVER goes romantic.

I don't know if I've ever asked you, we're you always a huge Carly fan or is it because of LW?

I still cringe when I think about it

LW really made me a fan of Carly. I enjoyed Carly when SB played her as well but I feel she is more complex now and that LW has just made Carly her own.

#25   2013/09/09 07:39AM
    Nightmoves

Quote Rena54: Carly tells Liz please stay away from AJ and then what does she do she goes to Franco (who is never going to be Franco to me he is Todd) and than sides with him on the stand. WHAT?

Well, after she sleeps with him (and we all know that is where this is heading) and than he hurts her or someone else she cares about than Liz can tell her I think you should stay away from Franco

If Franco hurts Carly than she deserves it. She was the one who tried to have him killed, yelled and screamed when they realized he was alive (which still blows my mind) and was so hurt by what happened to Michael in prison and now is standing by his side? you will get hurt Carly and you will deserve it no more feeling bad for you.

I wouldn't say she sided with him. She did say she would not trust him around her children and she also said she did not know if the tumor was responsible or if Franco was just playing more sick mind games. Diane said her testimony could have possibly put him away for life.....

#26   2013/09/09 07:41AM
    JaneDoe

Carly, Carly, Carly.... got to love her or love to hate her.

I thought she was a little over the top trying to encourage Liz to walk away from AJ especially considering who she was walking toward.

I LOVE me some hypocritical Carly and I'm rooting for her and Frodd to continue to bond. I know that's sick and twisted, but I'm easily swayed with a good recast and story.

#27   2013/09/09 09:10AM
    ghfanfare

You know, I didn't watch most of the Franco stuff with James...because it was really awful! So I don't have that in mind at all. And since I love RH and LW, I have no problem with a redeemed Franco and a hypocritical Carly. Together, they're just too purty!

#28   2013/09/09 09:15AM
    JaneDoe

Quote ghfanfare: You know, I didn't watch most of the Franco stuff with James...because it was really awful! So I don't have that in mind at all. And since I love RH and LW, I have no problem with a redeemed Franco and a hypocritical Carly. Together, they're just too purty!

They had amazing chemistry as Carly and Todd and it's carrying over to Carly and Frodd. I'm willing to overlook a lot for the sake of entertainment, and these two provide it! I'm looking forward to seeing them develop and what that does to their other friendships and relationships.

#29   2013/09/09 09:19AM
    Nightmoves

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ghfanfare: You know, I didn't watch most of the Franco stuff with James...because it was really awful! So I don't have that in mind at all. And since I love RH and LW, I have no problem with a redeemed Franco and a hypocritical Carly. Together, they're just too purty!

They had amazing chemistry as Carly and Todd and it's carrying over to Carly and Frodd. I'm willing to overlook a lot for the sake of entertainment, and these two provide it! I'm looking forward to seeing them develop and what that does to their other friendships and relationships.

I'm going to have to disagree Jane I would like for Carly and Frodd to become friends rather than a romantic pair.

#30   2013/09/09 09:20AM
    Bizlet

Carly has a thing for bad boys Sonny, Todd, Johnny, AJ and now Franco the good ones like Jax never stand a chance.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list