List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: DUDE! Julian fans unite!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

DUDE! Julian fans unite!

Started by ghfanfare at 2013/09/05 10:26AM
    Latest post: 2014/04/17 08:44AM, Views: 30056, Replies: 918
    « 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 » »| page:
    #401   2014/02/08 10:39AM
    Re: DUDE! Julian fans unite!
    ghfanfare

Quote oltllover:
    Quote Howie79: I liked Julian and Lucas's scenes today. I thought that they were portrayed with a degree of realism. And I liked that this could be a way for them to develop a relationship slowly over time. Relationships with birth parents don't necessarily become all huggy right away. Each party needs to learn and understand the other, so I like that they are giving these two some challenges to overcome. Hopefully I didn't say too much and give too much away.

I completely agree. very real, very human. I love that we get glimpses of the soft side in a calm coherent way. no huffing and puffing or loosing train of thought.

IA as well. Very well done. Showed both of them struggling to come to grips with this new relationship. Lucas is understandably angry and dismissive of his bio dad. Julian admitted he is having trouble processing it all. And the look on Julian's face at the end of that scene showed he was devastated. Good stuff!

#402   2014/02/10 05:49AM
    JaneDoe

Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote Howie79: I liked Julian and Lucas's scenes today. I thought that they were portrayed with a degree of realism. And I liked that this could be a way for them to develop a relationship slowly over time. Relationships with birth parents don't necessarily become all huggy right away. Each party needs to learn and understand the other, so I like that they are giving these two some challenges to overcome. Hopefully I didn't say too much and give too much away.

I completely agree. very real, very human. I love that we get glimpses of the soft side in a calm coherent way. no huffing and puffing or loosing train of thought.

IA as well. Very well done. Showed both of them struggling to come to grips with this new relationship. Lucas is understandably angry and dismissive of his bio dad. Julian admitted he is having trouble processing it all. And the look on Julian's face at the end of that scene showed he was devastated. Good stuff!

I LOVED that they showed his emotional side at the end of those scenes. Looked like he was wiping away tears and the first thing he does..... calls Alexis.

Part of me wishes he had been more accepting of Lucas and I cringed just a little at his attempts to make sure Lucas "knew" he was really gay. Of course Lucas is going to be defensive, but even he needs to realize that it's not that easy for everyone to simply accept right off the bat. Especially someone who doesn't even know you and JUST found out you are their son. If I remember correctly, Bobby acted similarly and she raised Lucas.

Julian wants a relationship with his son and after processing this info, he'll be different IMO. He won't let Lucas' sexual preference stand in the way of their father/son relationship.

#403   2014/02/10 06:52AM
    Nightmoves

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote oltllover:

I LOVED that they showed his emotional side at the end of those scenes. Looked like he was wiping away tears and the first thing he does..... calls Alexis.

Part of me wishes he had been more accepting of Lucas and I cringed just a little at his attempts to make sure Lucas "knew" he was really gay. Of course Lucas is going to be defensive, but even he needs to realize that it's not that easy for everyone to simply accept right off the bat. Especially someone who doesn't even know you and JUST found out you are their son. If I remember correctly, Bobby acted similarly and she raised Lucas.

Julian wants a relationship with his son and after processing this info, he'll be different IMO. He won't let Lucas' sexual preference stand in the way of their father/son relationship.

Loved these scenes although I too wished Julian had been a little more accepting. I do believe he will come around and he and Lucas will develop a relationship. I loved the line about macrame (sp) that was hilarious.

I also hope Alexis returns Julian's call and we get them on screen today

#404   2014/02/10 06:54AM
    JaneDoe

Quote Nightmoves:

ITA! He needs someone to guide him in parenting.... he has no point of reference other than his own upbringing which was not idea.

#405   2014/02/10 06:59AM
    oltllover

Quote Nightmoves:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote oltllover:

Loved these scenes although I too wished Julian had been a little more accepting. I do believe he will come around and he and Lucas will develop a relationship. I loved the line about macrame (sp) that was hilarious.

I think Julian fans wanted to whole "come here, son" moment but to be honest I think this is better because its more real. Julian met Lucas 5 minutes ago and I am sure he was shocked and I think he will come around pretty quickly, the fact that he was upset about the way it all went down like he knew he screwed that up says to me that he wants his son regardless and I hope we get some good stuff between him and Alexis too the fact that he called her shows that he really does have feelings for her and maybe deep down he wants a "normal" life.

#406   2014/02/10 07:03AM
    Nightmoves

Quote oltllover:
    Quote Nightmoves:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote oltllover:

I think Julian fans wanted to whole "come here, son" moment but to be honest I think this is better because its more real. Julian met Lucas 5 minutes ago and I am sure he was shocked and I think he will come around pretty quickly, the fact that he was upset about the way it all went down like he knew he screwed that up says to me that he wants his son regardless and I hope we get some good stuff between him and Alexis too the fact that he called her shows that he really does have feelings for her and maybe deep down he wants a "normal" life.

I totally agree with the bolded, and they will both have to come to terms with the new found knowledge that they are father and son, and get to know each other. This was a shock to both of them but I do believe they will forge a healty relationship.

#407   2014/02/10 07:10AM
    oltllover

Quote Nightmoves:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote Nightmoves:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote oltllover:

I totally agree with the bolded, and they will both have to come to terms with the new found knowledge that they are father and son, and get to know each other. This was a shock to both of them but I do believe they will forge a healty relationship.

Lucas was clearly testing Julian and the only reason to do that is because he wants a father otherwise he wouldn't care what Julian thought and probably wouldn't even bother telling him at all.

#408   2014/02/10 08:06AM
    JaneDoe

I also really liked Sam's reaction to Ava telling her that Julian was willing to throw her under the bus for his daughter.

#409   2014/02/10 08:56AM
    ghfanfare

Quote JaneDoe: I also really liked Sam's reaction to Ava telling her that Julian was willing to throw her under the bus for his daughter.

It seemed like Ava was telling Sam for Julian's benefit, didn't it?!

#410   2014/02/10 08:58AM
    ghfanfare

Quote Nightmoves: I also hope Alexis returns Julian's call and we get them on screen today

Well, I would like to be the one kissing away Julian's tears but I'll settle for Alexis doing it.

« 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list