List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Off Topic....SMOKERS..Question....?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off Topic....SMOKERS..Question....?

Started by BringBackStarr at 2013/08/31 06:40PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/03 09:24PM, Views: 932, Replies: 15
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/09/03 11:39AM
    Re: Off Topic....SMOKERS..Question....?
    JaneDoe

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote donati:
    Quote genhospchat:
    Quote stonecoldhot: Hopefully it`s a step in the right direction to get people away from this disgusting habit.I can`t stand the way smokers think they can just throw their butts on the ground, and it isn`t littering

That's interesting you should say that. I am a smoker (yes I KNOW it's bad) and today got pulled over for dropping it out the window. Now before anyone gets upset, I did have an makeshift ashtray beside me and I did not mean for it to go out the window, it slipped out of my fingers and a cop was behind me and he gave me a warning, thank goodness.

I am the first person NOT to throw cigarette butts anywhere. Even at work I couldn't stand when people did it so I put a pail of sand outside, swept up what was on the ground so they weren't on the ground anymore and now everyone uses the pail. Also, if I know someone isn't a smoker I will walk away from them so I don't bother them.

You sound like a very considerate person. I wish others were as polite, both non-smoker and smoker.
    As a non-smoker, I'm amazed at my fellow non-smokers using ashtrays as trashcans further upping the ante for a fire hazard when a trash can is readily available nearby

That's a good point! It's not just smokers that litter, it's anyone who has put garbage where it doesn't belong, your point of in the ashtray (doesn't matter who it is) so where are smokers suppose to put out cigarettes if the ashtray is full of garbage? Now that is just one point but I see, as a non-smoker where you were going with that.

Another pet peeve is being on a train or GO bus (probably Greyhound to others) and people just leave their garbage on the seat or the floor when there are garbages provided. This seriously ticks me off because it raises prices to pay for clean up and it's just plain RUDE! Actually putting garbage anywhere other than where it's suppose to be is rude!

OMG... literally watched a guy throw out his fast food bag in a Menards' parking lot recently. Just rolled down the window and tossed it out, then proceeded to drive RIGHT PAST THE TRASH CAN IN THE FRONT OF THE STORE! What is wrong with people? Who has taught them that this is OK?

Sorry, your post sent me on a tangent.

#12   2013/09/03 02:18PM
    BringBackStarr

Your tangent is warrented....Many times I have see the FILTH of smokers who think a red light is their GREEN LIGHT to empty their ashtray out of the window....

Disgusting human beings...

#13   2013/09/03 02:25PM
    Howie79

On this topic - IL has just passed a law that those using E cigarettes are subject to the same rules and regulations as regular smokers. This means that they cannot smoke them in a public place and when smoking outside of a public place, they have to be so many feet from the entrance/exit of the place or other form of egress (I think that they mean windows that can be opened or fire exits). This would indicate to me that there is something more than water vapor involved. I believe that this law goes into effect on 10/01 here in the Chicago area, but I could be off on the date.

#14   2013/09/03 02:32PM
    BringBackStarr

Quote Howie79: On this topic - IL has just passed a law that those using E cigarettes are subject to the same rules and regulations as regular smokers. This means that they cannot smoke them in a public place and when smoking outside of a public place, they have to be so many feet from the entrance/exit of the place or other form of egress (I think that they mean windows that can be opened or fire exits). This would indicate to me that there is something more than water vapor involved. I believe that this law goes into effect on 10/01 here in the Chicago area, but I could be off on the date.

Thank Goodness for that law...I did find it odd that I had to walk PAST THE SMOKERS crowding the entrance of stores...Uh, WHY do you think youre out there smoking---because WE DONT WANT YOUR SMOKE..Finally stores wised up and moved the smokers back...Ugh...

FYI---Second hand smoke is especially bad for PETS....But heck, Puff away---Im sure Fido will enjoy it...

#15   2013/09/03 02:52PM
    cardgirl

These E cigarettes have nicotine in them. You still have to buy filters for them and the systems are very expensive. I guess the effects are not as bad as real cigarettes as far as second hand smoke. I was a smoker but one day found it very distasteful and just stopped cold turkey. I don't mind if other want to smoke though as long as they go outside. When I smoked I didn't even smoke in my own house.

#16   2013/09/03 09:24PM
    genhospchat

Quote BringBackStarr: Your tangent is warrented....Many times I have see the FILTH of smokers who think a red light is their GREEN LIGHT to empty their ashtray out of the window....

Disgusting human beings...

Ewwwwww people actually do that? That's despicable!

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list