List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Off Topic....SMOKERS..Question....?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off Topic....SMOKERS..Question....?

Started by BringBackStarr at 2013/08/31 06:40PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/03 09:24PM, Views: 859, Replies: 15
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/08/31 06:40PM
    Off Topic....SMOKERS..Question....?
    BringBackStarr

As all of my friends here know....I rarely complain .....But today, while hitting the Labor Day Sales----I noticed something....SMOKERS...

While I normally enjoy seeing ill informed people puffing away on cigarettes----or as I like to call them--Poison Cancer Sticks....It seems that alot of people have substituted cigarettes with E-Cigarettes....

Here is my problem----WHY are people smoking in public places with E-Cigarettes?......Its called SECOND hand smoke-----not SAFER HAND SMOKE.....Do people who think THEY are not using "real" cigarettes think they are immune to actual laws?

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just me (surely not)? Do people really consider E-Cigarettes different than REAL Cigarettes? Because as I flow thru YOUR smoke cloud at the market---It all fees the same to me...

#2   2013/08/31 07:21PM
    Re: Off Topic....SMOKERS..Question....?
    ransomha

Quote BringBackStarr: As all of my friends here know....I rarely complain .....But today, while hitting the Labor Day Sales----I noticed something....SMOKERS...

While I normally enjoy seeing ill informed people puffing away on cigarettes----or as I like to call them--Poison Cancer Sticks....It seems that alot of people have substituted cigarettes with E-Cigarettes....

Here is my problem----WHY are people smoking in public places with E-Cigarettes?......Its called SECOND hand smoke-----not SAFER HAND SMOKE.....Do people who think THEY are not using "real" cigarettes think they are immune to actual laws?

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just me (surely not)? Do people really consider E-Cigarettes different than REAL Cigarettes? Because as I flow thru YOUR smoke cloud at the market---It all fees the same to me...

I believe it's water vapor.

#3   2013/08/31 08:05PM
    genhospchat

Quote ransomha:
    Quote BringBackStarr: As all of my friends here know....I rarely complain .....But today, while hitting the Labor Day Sales----I noticed something....SMOKERS...

I believe it's water vapor.

I started writing and then saw Rans's answer. It's not smoke but a liquid vapour so yes it is safe as well as legal because it's not putting anything toxic into the air

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/31 08:09PM
    #4   2013/08/31 08:06PM
    BringBackStarr

Ah..I didnt know that....But its going to look like me throwing a hissy fit if I have to be around it again....

#5   2013/08/31 08:09PM
    genhospchat

Quote BringBackStarr: Ah..I didnt know that....But its going to look like me throwing a hissy fit if I have to be around it again....

Just think of it as nothing different than walking past a food establishment that has the steam permeating off of it (which to me is even grosser because then you smell like old food all day lol)

#6   2013/08/31 08:53PM
    BringBackStarr

I dont know....I might have to complain to management....Just to be on the safe side....

#7   2013/09/01 05:08AM
    stonecoldhot

Hopefully it`s a step in the right direction to get people away from this disgusting habit.I can`t stand the way smokers think they can just throw their butts on the ground, and it isn`t littering

#8   2013/09/01 10:12PM
    genhospchat

Quote stonecoldhot: Hopefully it`s a step in the right direction to get people away from this disgusting habit.I can`t stand the way smokers think they can just throw their butts on the ground, and it isn`t littering

That's interesting you should say that. I am a smoker (yes I KNOW it's bad) and today got pulled over for dropping it out the window. Now before anyone gets upset, I did have an makeshift ashtray beside me and I did not mean for it to go out the window, it slipped out of my fingers and a cop was behind me and he gave me a warning, thank goodness.

I am the first person NOT to throw cigarette butts anywhere. Even at work I couldn't stand when people did it so I put a pail of sand outside, swept up what was on the ground so they weren't on the ground anymore and now everyone uses the pail. Also, if I know someone isn't a smoker I will walk away from them so I don't bother them.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/01 10:17PM
    #9   2013/09/02 06:26AM
    donati

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote stonecoldhot: Hopefully it`s a step in the right direction to get people away from this disgusting habit.I can`t stand the way smokers think they can just throw their butts on the ground, and it isn`t littering

That's interesting you should say that. I am a smoker (yes I KNOW it's bad) and today got pulled over for dropping it out the window. Now before anyone gets upset, I did have an makeshift ashtray beside me and I did not mean for it to go out the window, it slipped out of my fingers and a cop was behind me and he gave me a warning, thank goodness.

I am the first person NOT to throw cigarette butts anywhere. Even at work I couldn't stand when people did it so I put a pail of sand outside, swept up what was on the ground so they weren't on the ground anymore and now everyone uses the pail. Also, if I know someone isn't a smoker I will walk away from them so I don't bother them.

You sound like a very considerate person. I wish others were as polite, both non-smoker and smoker.
    As a non-smoker, I'm amazed at my fellow non-smokers using ashtrays as trashcans further upping the ante for a fire hazard when a trash can is readily available nearby

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/02 06:28AM
    #10   2013/09/02 09:23PM
    genhospchat

Quote donati:
    Quote genhospchat:

You sound like a very considerate person. I wish others were as polite, both non-smoker and smoker.
    As a non-smoker, I'm amazed at my fellow non-smokers using ashtrays as trashcans further upping the ante for a fire hazard when a trash can is readily available nearby

That's a good point! It's not just smokers that litter, it's anyone who has put garbage where it doesn't belong, your point of in the ashtray (doesn't matter who it is) so where are smokers suppose to put out cigarettes if the ashtray is full of garbage? Now that is just one point but I see, as a non-smoker where you were going with that.

Another pet peeve is being on a train or GO bus (probably Greyhound to others) and people just leave their garbage on the seat or the floor when there are garbages provided. This seriously ticks me off because it raises prices to pay for clean up and it's just plain RUDE! Actually putting garbage anywhere other than where it's suppose to be is rude!

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list