List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: New here have some questions

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

New here have some questions

Started by Tinkjenks at 2013/08/30 10:25AM
    Latest post: 2013/08/30 12:00PM, Views: 233, Replies: 2
    page:
    #1   2013/08/30 10:25AM
    New here have some questions
    Tinkjenks

First of all, what does tptb mean??? Most of you seem to know a lot more about how a soap comes together than I do. I have watched GH off and on over the last 50 years, mostly in the very beginning and now since spring of 2011. Who decides story lines, I would guess some senior writer or producer or whatever and then it just goes to a legion of writers to put the story together. When watching I sometimes want to strangle whoever comes up with some of this stuff. Anyone out that that can help me out, again I really enjoy reading all the comments, even though sometimes I don't always agree about different opinions on characters. Look forward to hearing your remarks.

#2   2013/08/30 10:39AM
    Re: New here have some questions
    tinasfatheri...

Quote Tinkjenks: First of all, what does tptb mean??? Most of you seem to know a lot more about how a soap comes together than I do. I have watched GH off and on over the last 50 years, mostly in the very beginning and now since spring of 2011. Who decides story lines, I would guess some senior writer or producer or whatever and then it just goes to a legion of writers to put the story together. When watching I sometimes want to strangle whoever comes up with some of this stuff. Anyone out that that can help me out, again I really enjoy reading all the comments, even though sometimes I don't always agree about different opinions on characters. Look forward to hearing your remarks.

TPTB stands for The Powers That Be which usually refers to the producers/head writers.
    If I'm wrong about that another poster will point that out.
    That is one of the main reasons I luv this board.....our fellow posters are more than willing to answer any and all of our questions.

In my particular case, I started watching GH again early last year when OLTL got cancelled. Feel free to ask any questions you wish. Our fellow GH fans are more than happy to answer them.

In addition to TPTB, I've seen posters use TIIC.
    TIIC stands for Those Individuals In Charge.

#3   2013/08/30 12:00PM
    Re: New here have some questions
    HOT PINK

Quote tinasfatherinlostins:
    Quote Tinkjenks: First of all, what does tptb mean??? Most of you seem to know a lot more about how a soap comes together than I do. I have watched GH off and on over the last 50 years, mostly in the very beginning and now since spring of 2011. Who decides story lines, I would guess some senior writer or producer or whatever and then it just goes to a legion of writers to put the story together. When watching I sometimes want to strangle whoever comes up with some of this stuff. Anyone out that that can help me out, again I really enjoy reading all the comments, even though sometimes I don't always agree about different opinions on characters. Look forward to hearing your remarks.

TPTB stands for The Powers That Be which usually refers to the producers/head writers.
    If I'm wrong about that another poster will point that out.
    That is one of the main reasons I luv this board.....our fellow posters are more than willing to answer any and all of our questions.

In my particular case, I started watching GH again early last year when OLTL got cancelled. Feel free to ask any questions you wish. Our fellow GH fans are more than happy to answer them.

In addition to TPTB, I've seen posters use TIIC.
    TIIC stands for Those Individuals In Charge.

I've been watching GH for 50 years (since I was a child), too. I agree with Tina in that our fellow posters are very helpful and quite knowledgeable. I learn something new on here every day. By the way, on another board, I've noticed that "TIIC" can also stand for "The Idiots In Charge." Welcome aboard, Tinkjenks!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list