List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: CONFESS YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CONFESS YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION

Started by oltlforever31 at 2013/08/13 05:32PM
    Latest post: 2014/02/11 08:33PM, Views: 17957, Replies: 249
    « 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 » »| page:
    #191   2013/10/25 09:13PM
    Re: CONFESS YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION
    CaptMacer

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote CaptMacer: Google "how long did kelly monaco live in the playboy mansion?"

it's disgusting but it's also the worst kept secret in Hollywood.

As far as Sam goes, I'd hate that character even if she was played by Melissa Archer or Gina Tognoni.

6 husbands, numerous affairs with married men, accessory to kidnapping, numerous illegal scams. How the Hell does a character like that wind up getting a PI license in the first place? She even had a still born daughter with the father of her own half sister(Sonny/Kristina).

I dislike the character of Sam as much as you do; she is a pointless couch sitter who calls herself a PI that hasn't worked in years and who wasn't even allowed to become a full PI but she seems to snap out of a trance everytime she says to people " oh wait, i'm a PI" like it was just put back into her brain that her past was to dress trampy and catch cheating husbands. What is her purpose besides low cut tops? Wy do the writer's keep throwing stuff at her when nothing for the past 9 years has worked? Is it the low cut tops?

That said, when Sam slept with Sonny it was before she knew that Alexis was her mom and the rest that you described doesn't bother me about a soap character aside from the part about Jake's kidnapping. THAT is what put me over the edge to disliking the character and then allowing the character to have a child of their own.

well, the cleavage was paid for by Hefner himself so the more she shows it off the more free advertising the filthy old man gets. Everytime he calls her up and invites her to one of his $ex parties, she rushes over her in bimbo best skin hugging barely there clothes and gets paid to attend his parties. Call me a prude if you want to, but I stick to my moral values. I do not like seeing a prostitute on my tv screen at all. And it is truly gross to know that a man like Michael Easton is forced to work with her because of his contract obligations.

As for the character, I've never liked her. Even before Valentini and Carlivati took over at GH, Sam was a crap character. It is absolutely insane that she couldn't gracefully step out of hearing range while Silas was having a private conversation with his daughter at the hospital. And as a writer, I find it completely gross to see an originally highly intelligent and ruthless doctor turn himself into the village idiot while he chases after the town tramp. Silas started out as a great new character who couldn't wait to see the last of her and get custody of his nephew. Now, he's letting her raise his nephew(granted in her mother's house) while he seems desperate to jump into bed with her. Five months was all it took to basically destroy a great character like Silas.

#192   2013/10/26 03:41AM
    lovelyliz

Everything Sam does it is thru someone else. I do not think she ever had a story where she is the driving force in it. It is either with someone else and then her stories does not do well in the ratings. A lot of people did not like Jasam believe it or not. Jasam was together for a long time and they got married you would think their wedding would have brought the ratings up like weddings usually do but not theirs. Then she had a baby and baby got kidnapped again that story fell flat they had to bring in Heather to help in that story for the ratings to go up and now they keep bringing Heather back for what. I think her time has passed she needs to go back to shady brook.

I just don't see how she can be lead when she has done nothing for a story. She is one those characters that get everything on a silver platter and when she does she does nothing for it. She gets to have a family, a love interest but one thing I think they have discover about Sam is she just don't bring it as far as interest or ratings.
    That is why she is not in a story now I do not call that a story too much discovering who her father is. I think he is boring Julian or whatever his name is. I do like Sam though but I just don't think she will be a driving force in her own story she will have other people going along with it to help her out like when her baby got kidnapped. JMO. A lot of people played a roll in that Jason, Todd, Heather and a few others I can't think of off hand but she had a good supporting cast in helping her with that story.

At least she does get stories they may not be that interesting but she has the support of others in that story to help her.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/26 03:51AM
    #193   2013/10/26 04:00AM
    lovelyliz

I wanted to continue but my time ran out from my other post. I think that matters a lot having that support like Britt has in her story. Sam has the support too maybe they need to write her better stories. The funny thing about JASAM when RC took over I thought the writing improve with them and I was starting to like them whole lot better. JASAM just did not have the writers before RC & FV took over that is why their wedding was a flop and they had insert Franco in that. I think people were just tired of Franco like they are now.

Oh one last thing Silas is not all that great his character he was so much better as John the cop than Silas the Doctor.
    I don't think Sam destroyed him at all. He is just not a interesting character to me.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/26 04:07AM
    #194   2013/10/26 08:21PM
    CHATTERBOX22

I just cannot take Lulu anymore, I think they need to check her into fern-cliff. She has completely lost it. Where is Dante, oh thats right he cannot stand up to his wife never mind him. If they get to keep the baby, I hope the child grows up to, despise them both and gets emancipated to go live with her real parents. Then changes her name to Georgie. They already found Lulu and Dante unfit to adopt before, now they want the baby from Maxie after treating her like dirt, Maxie almost died delivering the baby, they did not care. Then Lulu smacked Maxie at the church and is now willing to through Maxie under the bus by any means necessary to keep a child that is not hers. I hope Olivia's vision is true I hope all Lulu ends up with is a dog; and even then I would feel sorry for the dog.

#195   2013/10/30 09:07AM
    ghfanfare

I must be the only viewer who feels this way but...

I like Carlos! He is obnoxious and smarmy and needs to shave. But he sure has Sabrina and Patrick pegged. And yes, his accent seems to come and go. But that's okay. He makes Sabrina more interesting, IMHO.

#196   2013/10/30 11:30AM
    alikat

Quote ghfanfare: I must be the only viewer who feels this way but...

I like Carlos! He is obnoxious and smarmy and needs to shave. But he sure has Sabrina and Patrick pegged. And yes, his accent seems to come and go. But that's okay. He makes Sabrina more interesting, IMHO.

In the immortal words of Michael Jackson:

You are not alone
    I am here with you
    Though you're far away
    I am here to stay
    You are not alone

I agree with everything you said. His hair looks greasy and it makes him seem smarmy but he's made Patrina more interesting to me. He's totally pegged Patrick 100% and Sabrina knows it deep down. I'm liking him and I'm also liking his involvement with the Jeromes. I found it very interesting how he was caught in the middle between Ava and Julian.

#197   2013/10/30 12:30PM
    ReignOfTerror

Quote ghfanfare: I must be the only viewer who feels this way but...

Other than his constant greasy hair (sonnys grease is plenty)..I also like his character. I find it interesting how she has to go and see him for every little hangnail.

#198   2013/11/05 04:36PM
    CaptMacer

Ugliest haircut on Silas ever. Of course, with Sam being Kiki's cousin, technically, that also makes her Silas' niece. Anyone besides me find that just plain nauseating? Not only is she still on the show, the writers are having him chase after his own niece. Ew!!!

#199   2013/11/06 02:22PM
    CaptMacer

Why does Michael always look constipated? Is that the only expression he's got in his acting arsenal? Or is it because his Dad (Sonny) only has one look, too?
    Michael Easton's acting has gottten worse since the haircut. These last couple of days it looks like he had to have something to drink in order to say his lines. It's really coming across as forced, even more so than before the haircut. Gotta wonder if he knows the truth about Kelly Monaco's extra-curricular activities with her sugar daddy.
    Silas looks great for the gallery scenes but Kelly Monaco making sure Hefner's girls are well flaunted.
    Anyone else notice all the paintings are hanging sideways?
    Anyone else get nauseated watching Soapnet's November preview and seeing Silas kissing Sam? Makes me sick seeing a prostitute get front burner storylines on a major TV network.
    ABC/Disney has really let their standards of behavior slip in the last 15 years. Either that or Hefner is paying for her to still be on the air in a front burner storyline. It sure ain't because of her non-existent acting skills.

#200   2013/11/07 01:12PM
    slaphappy

Quote CaptMacer: Ugliest haircut on Silas ever. Of course, with Sam being Kiki's cousin, technically, that also makes her Silas' niece. Anyone besides me find that just plain nauseating? Not only is she still on the show, the writers are having him chase after his own niece. Ew!!!

Silas and Sam have no blood connection... besides Aunt Monica and nephew Ned had a fling back in the day..
    There are so many relationships on this show that have the ICK factor. Morgan sleeping with mother and daughter knowing that they are mother and daughter. Is just one....

« 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list