List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: CONFESS YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CONFESS YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION

Started by oltlforever31 at 2013/08/13 05:32PM
    Latest post: 2014/08/07 08:30AM, Views: 21733, Replies: 274
    « 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 » »| page:
    #161   2013/09/24 12:52PM
    Re: CONFESS YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION
    stonecoldhot

Quote CaptMacer: How stupid is Silas going to be feeling when he finds out the town tramp he's been chasing after has a history of acting like one. Sam has had 6 husbands, multiple cons, accessory to kidnapping, and sleeping with married men. Her half sister, Kristina, is the daughter of the man who fathered Sam's own stillborn daughter.

Really, Carlivati, sticking Silas with Sam and expecting fans to believe it? It's not working. The third time is a train wreck.

When Silas first showed up, he was an intelligent ruthless Doctor. You're turning him into a complete idiot.

I don`t think Silas is squeaky clean either

#162   2013/09/24 06:26PM
    CaptMacer

Quote stonecoldhot:
    Quote CaptMacer: How stupid is Silas going to be feeling when he finds out the town tramp he's been chasing after has a history of acting like one. Sam has had 6 husbands, multiple cons, accessory to kidnapping, and sleeping with married men. Her half sister, Kristina, is the daughter of the man who fathered Sam's own stillborn daughter.

Really, Carlivati, sticking Silas with Sam and expecting fans to believe it? It's not working. The third time is a train wreck.

When Silas first showed up, he was an intelligent ruthless Doctor. You're turning him into a complete idiot.

Probably not. But Carlivati isn't smart enough to reveal that Silas has a secret wife and son stashed somewhere. He ignores fans opinions in favor of writing what Kelly Monaco wants.

For some strange reason, which is probably the worst kept secret in Hollywood, Carlivati seems determined to give Kelly Monaco constant front burner storylines so she can throw her boob job at every good looking man in Port Charles. When she's not crying anyway.

Anyone else notice how Sam tells Silas "no" and then shows up and throws a jealous tantrum with the mother of Silas' daughter? The town tramp treats all men like yo-yos.

I hated the pairing when she was on Port Charles and I've hated her for the last 10 years on General Hospital. It was a train wreck on Port Charles. It was a train wreck between Sam and John McBain. And it is a train wreck now.

#163   2013/09/24 07:41PM
    oltlforever31

Quote CaptMacer:
    Quote stonecoldhot:

Probably not. But Carlivati isn't smart enough to reveal that Silas has a secret wife and son stashed somewhere. He ignores fans opinions in favor of writing what Kelly Monaco wants.

For some strange reason, which is probably the worst kept secret in Hollywood, Carlivati seems determined to give Kelly Monaco constant front burner storylines so she can throw her boob job at every good looking man in Port Charles. When she's not crying anyway.

Anyone else notice how Sam tells Silas "no" and then shows up and throws a jealous tantrum with the mother of Silas' daughter? The town tramp treats all men like yo-yos.

I hated the pairing when she was on Port Charles and I've hated her for the last 10 years on General Hospital. It was a train wreck on Port Charles. It was a train wreck between Sam and John McBain. And it is a train wreck now.

Thanks for keeping my thread alive!

Not sure if I have any unpopular opinions to confess right now, unless being excited about an Ava/Morgan pairing counts? That might be popular, I'm not really sure yet.

#164   2013/09/24 08:02PM
    CaptMacer

Quote oltlforever31:
    Quote CaptMacer:
    Quote stonecoldhot:

Thanks for keeping my thread alive!

Not sure if I have any unpopular opinions to confess right now, unless being excited about an Ava/Morgan pairing counts? That might be popular, I'm not really sure yet.

You're welcome.

I personally think Silas needs to dump Sam on her butt and the sooner the better. Silas needs to get a house and move his daughter and nephew into it. Kiki needs to dump both Corinthos brothers. Morgan lied to her and Michael was "romancing her vote". Ava will eventually end up getting killed off. Alexis needs to get her head out of the sand and really investigate Derek/Julian. And Sonny just needs to go to his island for a nice long permanent vacation. Franco needs to grow up. Carly and Olivia can both do better. And Felix needs a boyfriend.

We also don't need Robin back on the canvas. Spinelli needs to give Maxie another chance.

And Ron Carlivati still needs to be fired.

#165   2013/09/25 08:54AM
    ghfanfare

Quote CaptMacer: We can always tell the difference between who's writing the good stuff for other storylines and who is writing the BS for Silas' storyline.

Clearly, the reason why Silas is being written as an idiot desparate to get laid by the town tramp is because Ron Carlivati wants to live vicariously through the character and get laid himself by the town tramp.

Thank God, One Life To Live is still being rerun on the Soapnet channel. I can still get my daily fix of decent writing performed right.

I'm not feeling Silas/Sam either but I doubt Ron is "living vicariously" through Silas/Sam as he is gay. So is Frank. And I'm sure you know that the last few years of OLTL were written and produced by Ron and Frank as well.

#166   2013/09/25 10:44AM
    CaptMacer

Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote CaptMacer: We can always tell the difference between who's writing the good stuff for other storylines and who is writing the BS for Silas' storyline.

Clearly, the reason why Silas is being written as an idiot desparate to get laid by the town tramp is because Ron Carlivati wants to live vicariously through the character and get laid himself by the town tramp.

Thank God, One Life To Live is still being rerun on the Soapnet channel. I can still get my daily fix of decent writing performed right.

I'm not feeling Silas/Sam either but I doubt Ron is "living vicariously" through Silas/Sam as he is gay. So is Frank. And I'm sure you know that the last few years of OLTL were written and produced by Ron and Frank as well.

his orientation isn't the issue. He could just as easily be living vicariously through Sam and wanting to be the one to kiss Michael.

Lots of men find him attractive just like women do.

#167   2013/09/25 11:02AM
    PatsMom

Carly "gets" Sonny way more than Olivia ever will.

#168   2013/09/25 11:52AM
    ghfanfare

Quote CaptMacer:
    Quote ghfanfare:

his orientation isn't the issue. He could just as easily be living vicariously through Sam and wanting to be the one to kiss Michael.

That seems like a bit of a stretch but okay.

ABC/Disney brought in Ron and Frank to bring up ratings and trim the budget. It's my understanding that to make that work, the actors with the biggest contracts are utilized the most so that ABC/Disney gets their money's worth. I don't think it has to do with favoritism as much as dollars, which of course is what TV production is all about.

I'm not a fan of the character of Sam, never have been, but it seems like we've seen less of her in the last year than in the past. In fact, one of the biggest changes I've seen in the time since this regime took over is that we are seeing more of other characters across the board and less of the same few spouting the same lines over and over.

Personally, I am enjoying that, but of course we all like what we like and are entitled to our opinions.

#169   2013/09/25 12:37PM
    CaptMacer

[quote]

Lots of men find him attractive just like women do.[/quote]

ABC/Disney brought in Ron and Frank to bring up ratings and trim the budget. It's my understanding that to make that work, the actors with the biggest contracts are utilized the most so that ABC/Disney gets their money's worth. I don't think it has to do with favoritism as much as dollars, which of course is what TV production is all about.

I'm not a fan of the character of Sam, never have been, but it seems like we've seen less of her in the last year than in the past. In fact, one of the biggest changes I've seen in the time since this regime took over is that we are seeing more of other characters across the board and less of the same few spouting the same lines over and over.

Personally, I am enjoying that, but of course we all like what we like and are entitled to our opinions.[/quote]

It's actually not that big of a stretch. I've actually had some of my gay friends tell me flat out that they'd love to do quite a bit with ME. Likewise, a lot of my straight friends tell me the same thing. Well, I'm deaf, not blind, so I don't mind admitting that I think he is attractive.

But I also know many people who actually record each episode and then make a record of the number of minutes Kelly Monaco has on screen as well as Michael Easton's on screen time. And the amount of time they are on screen together. A bit obsessive in my opinion but whatever floats their boats, I suppose. I won't name any names but you can find them all on Facebook.

The point is that Kelly has had more air time with Michael or by herself and more time spent throwing herself at the good looking men of Port Charles than other longer established characters. And that really got going when Michael made the move to GH. Before then, it was more of an even mix of airtime for newer and established characters.

Originally, Michael was not supposed to have lots of air time with her. As John McBain, he was supposed to do certain things like take Todd in and bring down Sonny for causing his half sister's death. But it was less than a month into the jump to GH and suddenly poor Sam is at odds with her hubby and she's constantly crying on John's shoulder and so on. He delivers her kid and gets beat up and Sam still doesn't make up with Jason, instead choosing to treat John McBain like her newest yo-yo knowing full well he's got Natalie and his own son to go home to. And so it went with all kinds of trumped BS to keep him by her side. Then jump ahead to him now playing Silas Clay. A character that started out highly intelligent and ruthless enough to win custody of his nephew. He starts out hating the sarcastic little mob enforcer widow and claiming he can't wait to see her for the last time. Now, only a few months later, and there's hardly any scenes of his without her in them. And instead of finding out more about her and running for the hills like an intelligent man would do, he's becoming the town idiot chasing after the town tramp.

It's very hard to think of her as anything but the town tramp because of her own history. As noted in previous posts. Six husbands, numerous cons, accessory to kidnapping, sleeping with married men. That's not the kind of woman an intelligent man would go after. Let alone let his nephew live with after first getting custody away from her.

#170   2013/09/25 12:42PM
    ReignOfTerror

Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote CaptMacer:
    Quote ghfanfare:

Personally, I am enjoying that, but of course we all like what we like and are entitled to our opinions.

I am not seeing the "favored" writings for sam either. It's been either the same or less. Not sure what the poster was even talking about. We don't know what the writers minds are thinking or where they are going or what they don't want etc...well..some do it seems lol.

You got mail.

« 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list