List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: CONFESS YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CONFESS YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION

Started by oltlforever31 at 2013/08/13 05:32PM
    Latest post: 2014/08/07 08:30AM, Views: 21346, Replies: 274
    « 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 » »| page:
    #151   2013/09/14 10:15AM
    Re: CONFESS YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION
    genhospchat

Quote BringBackStarr:
    Quote CaptMacer:
    Quote genhospchat:
    Quote Miz M: I don't like Robin. I'm not happy she's coming back. I think she's a know-it-all busybody. There, I said it. Phew - feels good to get that out.

No worries I'm right with you on that one!

You're not alone.

And if you want to talk about a gay stereotype...
    A friend of mine was a Florida transplant originally from London. In a crowded chat room, he said, "BRB. This Fa***t is going out to smoke a f*g."

I was the only one who could automatically translate what he said and what he meant by that.

Translation: "Be right back. This gay man is going outside to smoke a ciggarette."

Yeah. Some of them really do talk like that. And, yes, he did in fact call himself a fa***t.

Was I surprised? Yeah. I hadn't heard that term used since the 1970's. In this day and age of politically correctness, I never expected to hear it again.

Felix is a great character and it's cool to see how well a straight man can pull it off like that. I'd hate to see him paired with Brad though.

It would be as disgusting as pairing Sam with Silas.

And, for the record, I just had to amend my posting with those little bitty stars in the words because apparrently, this board is as PC mad as the rest of the world.

Thank you for your EXTREMELY LONG post...I found it revolting, pointless, and (so far) the biggest waste of my day...I am assuming it was meant to inform me how "cool" Felix is?...Sadly I disagree...

With your knack for "translations"---I would strongly encourage you to immediately check the United Nations Jobs Switchboard...

Guess that's why this is called the "Confess your unpopular opinion" thread because people will write things others don't like, it's the point of the thread

#152   2013/09/14 10:18AM
    genhospchat

Quote CaptMacer:
    Quote BringBackStarr:
    Quote CaptMacer:
    Quote genhospchat:
    Quote Miz M: I don't like Robin. I'm not happy she's coming back. I think she's a know-it-all busybody. There, I said it. Phew - feels good to get that out.

No worries I'm right with you on that one!

You're not alone.

And if you want to talk about a gay stereotype...
    A friend of mine was a Florida transplant originally from London. In a crowded chat room, he said, "BRB. This Fa***t is going out to smoke a f*g."

I was the only one who could automatically translate what he said and what he meant by that.

Translation: "Be right back. This gay man is going outside to smoke a ciggarette."

Yeah. Some of them really do talk like that. And, yes, he did in fact call himself a fa***t.

Was I surprised? Yeah. I hadn't heard that term used since the 1970's. In this day and age of politically correctness, I never expected to hear it again.

Felix is a great character and it's cool to see how well a straight man can pull it off like that. I'd hate to see him paired with Brad though.

It would be as disgusting as pairing Sam with Silas.

And, for the record, I just had to amend my posting with those little bitty stars in the words because apparrently, this board is as PC mad as the rest of the world.

Thank you for your EXTREMELY LONG post...I found it revolting, pointless, and (so far) the biggest waste of my day...I am assuming it was meant to inform me how "cool" Felix is?...Sadly I disagree...

With your knack for "translations"---I would strongly encourage you to immediately check the United Nations Jobs Switchboard...

Absolutely NOT! the UN is even worse about being PC. It's almost as revolting as a Sam/Silas pairing.

I don't care who Sam is paired with, Jasam is done and that makes me happy. Silas isn't someone I care about anyway and there is no one else on screen that they could pair her with because she has no purpose so put them together and I can move along my marry way.

I'm disappointed an amazing character like Derek is stuck with her as his daughter, makes it hard to watch but I bear it for him.

#153   2013/09/14 10:20AM
    genhospchat

Quote Rena54: Franco s/l is just stupid - it will never work if they are going to make him a honest character - and I cannot take to RH playing this role - he should have been a totally new character or not be on the show at all.

And now they are picking up with Carly & Franco where Carly and Todd left off - find myself f/f making Carly look like an idiot chasing the guy she wanted to kill what 3 months ago.

Agree 100%!!! Making him this character was a bad mistake and makes Carly look horrible. When she's spewing about AJ and then goes to Franco, she lowers herself even more. I guess that's what the FF button is for.

#154   2013/09/20 09:51PM
    CaptMacer

Was it really less than 5 months ago that Dr. Silas Clay was intelligent and ruthless enough to gain custody of his nephew?

These days he's making a total idiot of himself chasing after the town tramp.

I think he's still seeing things through a haze of vodka. All he seems to be focusing on anymore is that boob job cleavage Sam keeps pointing at him(when she's not shaking her butt in his direction as she walks away). She treats him like a yo-yo. The men on this show seem to be her play toys now.

Silas is supposed to have a house by now and move his nephew into it. Instead he's letting the town tramp finish raising him just so he can chase after her and get laid.

Ron Carlivati should be fired for this garbage he's been writing.

#155   2013/09/20 10:41PM
    Dontaskwatmy...

Derek Wells/Julian Jerome Tell Ava to kick rocks you want to be with your grandkid and daughter you shouldn't feel guilty about it not everyone sells there child to the highest bidder
    Rafe Since Molly seems to not notice you or return your feelings time to get off defense and go for offense hang up the halo and prepare for war you are way better for her than TJ
    Ava Jerome Time to kick rocks head back home only thing you have done is cause problems it is clear you are nothing more than a gold digger you basically sold your one and only daughter that we know of to a crime family all to get your hands on a piece of the corinthos pie after you tried to pass her off as A serial killers daughter the best thing for you to do would be to leave and let your daughter and Silas get to know each other
    Carly Jacks Snap out of it I kind of miss you being all bitchy to everyone your to nice for me now back to reality I need you to hand Ava her ass let her know who runs Port Charles
    Nulu needs to go
    Ellie needs o be offered a position in like the wsb or something that will take her away forever
    AJ can rot in jail for all I care
    Mikey should stop it with Kiki and try to work things out with Penn for some reason I really think she likes him a lot this was not just a rebound
    Alexis Davis Please stop babbling you told Derek wells a complete stranger how you don't know sam's father's name and all this other personal info no one else would've known about you
    Morgan stop being so insecure and grow a pair you were raised around some of the most ruthless people in PC I guess I just expected more from an adult Morgan letting Ava bully him and workout your issues with you bro you two always had the best relationship
    Liking Britt and Nikolas together
    Sam should do some research on Derek Wells if anyone would find out it would be her alexis acts so dumb sometimes

#156   2013/09/20 11:26PM
    BringBackStarr

Quote CaptMacer: Was it really less than 5 months ago that Dr. Silas Clay was intelligent and ruthless enough to gain custody of his nephew?

These days he's making a total idiot of himself chasing after the town tramp.

I think he's still seeing things through a haze of vodka. All he seems to be focusing on anymore is that boob job cleavage Sam keeps pointing at him(when she's not shaking her butt in his direction as she walks away). She treats him like a yo-yo. The men on this show seem to be her play toys now.

Silas is supposed to have a house by now and move his nephew into it. Instead he's letting the town tramp finish raising him just so he can chase after her and get laid.

Ron Carlivati should be fired for this garbage he's been writing.

I completely agree with your last line..It is time for a new regime....The storylines drag too much and are too predictable. The cast is too large. Carly, Alexis, FrancoTodd, Silas, and KinkyStarr are all being wasted on their current (non) storylines...NewTaylor is hideous...NO WAY would Rafe be interested in Molly (though his acting is really coming along)..Are we really supposed to believe that Michael and Kinky are that great as a couple (they arent)...

#157   2013/09/23 05:01PM
    CaptMacer

We can always tell the difference between who's writing the good stuff for other storylines and who is writing the BS for Silas' storyline.

Clearly, the reason why Silas is being written as an idiot desparate to get laid by the town tramp is because Ron Carlivati wants to live vicariously through the character and get laid himself by the town tramp.

Thank God, One Life To Live is still being rerun on the Soapnet channel. I can still get my daily fix of decent writing performed right.

#158   2013/09/23 05:07PM
    ReignOfTerror

Quote CaptMacer: We can always tell the difference between who's writing the good stuff for other storylines and who is writing the BS for Silas' storyline.

Clearly, the reason why Silas is being written as an idiot desparate to get laid by the town tramp is because Ron Carlivati wants to live vicariously through the character and get laid himself by the town tramp.

Thank God, One Life To Live is still being rerun on the Soapnet channel. I can still get my daily fix of decent writing performed right.

Don't you think most soap writers live vicariously through the characters they write for? I mean....when was the last time you saw Sonny being beaten senseless or put in prison and abused by Big Bert?(why did they have to do that to michael?)...It makes you wonder what characters are actually "favored" by the writing team and who they would love to kill off but can't because fans like them.

#159   2013/09/23 05:41PM
    CaptMacer

Quote ReignOfTerror:
    Quote CaptMacer: We can always tell the difference between who's writing the good stuff for other storylines and who is writing the BS for Silas' storyline.

Don't you think most soap writers live vicariously through the characters they write for? I mean....when was the last time you saw Sonny being beaten senseless or put in prison and abused by Big Bert?(why did they have to do that to michael?)...It makes you wonder what characters are actually "favored" by the writing team and who they would love to kill off but can't because fans like them.

I would say that most writers do not live vicariously through the characters they write for. You can usually tell which ones don't because the ones who do, the quality of their writing tends to deteriorate. This is true regardless of which soap or other show you are discussing.

The bad part of all that is that those who do live vicariously through their writing, give other writers a bad image. I can honestly say that I have never lived vicariously through any of the characters I've written, for film or television. I'm currently working on a series of graphic novels and have completed several film scripts.

The difference between those who do write/live vicariously and those who don't is that those of us who don't still have a firm grasp on reality.

#160   2013/09/24 12:50PM
    CaptMacer

How stupid is Silas going to be feeling when he finds out the town tramp he's been chasing after has a history of acting like one. Sam has had 6 husbands, multiple cons, accessory to kidnapping, and sleeping with married men. Her half sister, Kristina, is the daughter of the man who fathered Sam's own stillborn daughter.

Really, Carlivati, sticking Silas with Sam and expecting fans to believe it? It's not working. The third time is a train wreck.

When Silas first showed up, he was an intelligent ruthless Doctor. You're turning him into a complete idiot.

« 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list