List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: CONFESS YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CONFESS YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION

Started by oltlforever31 at 2013/08/13 05:32PM
    Latest post: 2014/08/07 08:30AM, Views: 20583, Replies: 274
    « 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 » »| page:
    #141   2013/09/13 04:37PM
    Re: CONFESS YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION
    BringBackStarr

I have a complaint....STEREOTYPES....not "sorta" stereotypes----OBVIOUS and OUTDATED ones....

Shawn---a black man---waving around a gun and threatening...

Felix---A feminine gay man who gossips and verbally attacks a HETEROSEXUAL WOMAN at every turn....i HAVE GAY FRIENDS----Do you know how many times I hear them say "girl" in every sentence?...NONE...

Sonny...a mobster italian who is hailed as a hero by the community....

Our newest Mexican immigrant?....Lets name him Carlos!!...

#142   2013/09/13 05:59PM
    Miz M

I don't like Robin. I'm not happy she's coming back. I think she's a know-it-all busybody. There, I said it. Phew - feels good to get that out.

#143   2013/09/13 06:31PM
    genhospchat

Quote BringBackStarr: I have a complaint....STEREOTYPES....not "sorta" stereotypes----OBVIOUS and OUTDATED ones....

Shawn---a black man---waving around a gun and threatening...

Felix---A feminine gay man who gossips and verbally attacks a HETEROSEXUAL WOMAN at every turn....i HAVE GAY FRIENDS----Do you know how many times I hear them say "girl" in every sentence?...NONE...

Sonny...a mobster italian who is hailed as a hero by the community....

Our newest Mexican immigrant?....Lets name him Carlos!!...

Sonny isn't Italian, nor were his parents.

Jason waved around a gun and he wasn't black. In fact he is one of very few black men on the show that ever wielded a gun.

I know gay people that DO speak like that and know some that don't. I know straight men that speak that way as well. I KNOW!!!!

Stereotypes are only that for people who look for something to make them seem that way, IMO, not necessarily what they are.

#144   2013/09/13 06:32PM
    genhospchat

Quote Miz M: I don't like Robin. I'm not happy she's coming back. I think she's a know-it-all busybody. There, I said it. Phew - feels good to get that out.

No worries I'm right with you on that one!

#145   2013/09/13 07:49PM
    Still loving...

I'll list my top 5!
    I want Ava gone! She looks way too old and does she ever wear anything but dresses?
    New Lulu is a bore. Her and Dante have no chemistry.
    Morgan's character is awful! i am sure he will be the one who killed Connie. Prison? Death? Don't care, just go.
    I loved Sabrina before her and Patrick got together. Now it's just a yawn fest. Can't wait for Robin!!
    And last.....
    AJ is awful. Awful actor, awful character. And he and Liz have no chemistry. Please, oh please, get rid of him.

#146   2013/09/13 07:53PM
    CaptMacer

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote Miz M: I don't like Robin. I'm not happy she's coming back. I think she's a know-it-all busybody. There, I said it. Phew - feels good to get that out.

You're not alone.

And if you want to talk about a gay stereotype...
    A friend of mine was a Florida transplant originally from London. In a crowded chat room, he said, "BRB. This Fa***t is going out to smoke a f*g."

I was the only one who could automatically translate what he said and what he meant by that.

Translation: "Be right back. This gay man is going outside to smoke a ciggarette."

Yeah. Some of them really do talk like that. And, yes, he did in fact call himself a fa***t.

Was I surprised? Yeah. I hadn't heard that term used since the 1970's. In this day and age of politically correctness, I never expected to hear it again.

Felix is a great character and it's cool to see how well a straight man can pull it off like that. I'd hate to see him paired with Brad though.

It would be as disgusting as pairing Sam with Silas.

And, for the record, I just had to amend my posting with those little bitty stars in the words because apparrently, this board is as PC mad as the rest of the world.

#147   2013/09/13 08:00PM
    thehopelessr...

Does anyone else not miss Jason?! I mean I LOVED Jason...but now that he is gone, it is almost refreshing. I like that Sam is getting stories of her rather than her life being wrapped up with Jason. And I am so, so, so glad that there is no more 'who does Jason really love' battles.

I think they totally messed up the AJ character and have no idea where they are going with him...they should have made him more of a business tycoon or something, anything, than what he currently is.

Don't really care about Sonny anymore. He's had so many loves of his life that I can't keep track. I don't want Olivia to get with him. And I would be okay if --Spoiler? Rumor? I know it was mentioned somewhere on this board--if he rode off into the sunset with Brenda.

After saying all that, I must say that I am loving GH right now.

#148   2013/09/13 08:13PM
    BringBackStarr

Quote CaptMacer:
    Quote genhospchat:

You're not alone.

A friend of mine was a Florida transplant originally from London. In a crowded chat room, he said, "BRB. This Fa***t is going out to smoke a f*g."

I was the only one who could automatically translate what he said and what he meant by that.

Translation: "Be right back. This gay man is going outside to smoke a ciggarette."

Yeah. Some of them really do talk like that. And, yes, he did in fact call himself a fa***t.

Was I surprised? Yeah. I hadn't heard that term used since the 1970's. In this day and age of politically correctness, I never expected to hear it again.

Felix is a great character and it's cool to see how well a straight man can pull it off like that. I'd hate to see him paired with Brad though.

And, for the record, I just had to amend my posting with those little bitty stars in the words because apparrently, this board is as PC mad as the rest of the world.

Thank you for your EXTREMELY LONG post...I found it revolting, pointless, and (so far) the biggest waste of my day...I am assuming it was meant to inform me how "cool" Felix is?...Sadly I disagree...

With your knack for "translations"---I would strongly encourage you to immediately check the United Nations Jobs Switchboard...

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/13 08:15PM
    #149   2013/09/13 08:27PM
    CaptMacer

Quote BringBackStarr:
    Quote CaptMacer:
    Quote genhospchat:

You're not alone.

Thank you for your EXTREMELY LONG post...I found it revolting, pointless, and (so far) the biggest waste of my day...I am assuming it was meant to inform me how "cool" Felix is?...Sadly I disagree...

With your knack for "translations"---I would strongly encourage you to immediately check the United Nations Jobs Switchboard...

Absolutely NOT! the UN is even worse about being PC. It's almost as revolting as a Sam/Silas pairing.

#150   2013/09/14 08:51AM
    Rena54

Franco s/l is just stupid - it will never work if they are going to make him a honest character - and I cannot take to RH playing this role - he should have been a totally new character or not be on the show at all.

And now they are picking up with Carly & Franco where Carly and Todd left off - find myself f/f making Carly look like an idiot chasing the guy she wanted to kill what 3 months ago.

« 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list