List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: OH Morgan

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

OH Morgan

Started by Bizlet at 2013/08/12 11:36AM
    Latest post: 2013/08/15 09:25AM, Views: 5093, Replies: 170
    « 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 » »| page:
    #121   2013/08/13 12:11PM
    Re: OH Morgan
    JaneDoe

Quote IslandGirl33:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote cardgirl:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote ransomha:
    I don't see her letting her mother push her around. She has all but cut off her mother. Won't answer her calls or her voting against her showed her strong will.

And Morgan gave her an out. She chose not to take it. Her decision.

Kiki is not showing a strong will AT ALL. She is vacillating between Michael, Morgan, Ava, Franco. She is confused and unsure. If she had a strong will, she would not be so mixed up and would instead be acting in her own best interests, WHICH SHE IS NOT. Morgan is taking advantage of that. If he truly cared for Kiki, he would also be acting in her own best interests, WHICH HE IS NOT.

But obviously you choose to see things differently to back up your personal likes and dislikes, as you so often do, rans. Your prerogative. I'm sure you will also need to have the last word as that is another one of your MO's.

Do you get why people find it so unpleasant to post with you, rans? You twist things up beyond recognition. Your insinuations are insulting to other posters, but when they call you on it, you then turn around and act like the victim. Posters have explained this to you numerous times and yet you continue with it.

Perhaps you truly don't understand? Or perhaps you just like to stir the pot? Whatever the reason, it's not fun, which is why I generally skip past your posts and your threads. I will continue to do so.

Co-sign. Some things are just futile. Just like in real life, some people are not capable of seeing where they might be wrong, and can't accept responsibility for their actions or words. Sad very sad.

How can an OPINION about FICTIONAL characters be right or wrong? Because they don't match yours. they are wrong?

It's not about your opinion of the show... it's about what actually happens and how you twist it into something that DIDN'T happen, or the other way around.

I have given you examples of you doing the exact same thong about Sonny. But, the difference is, I DON'T CARE, twist away.

If JD does the "exact same thing" then why is it that she does not have these ongoing issues with other posters? It's because she does not do what you are accusing her from. Especially not everyday and in every post!!! Geez!

If I had so many posters telling me the same thing over and over and over again, I believe I would have to take a step back and take a long look at what they are telling me. Just sayin'... we can't all be wrong.

Exactly!

#122   2013/08/13 12:13PM
    Mrs. Lansing

I have an idea why not even respond to any of that particular persons posts. This illogical twisting that goes on IMO is only to get people to engage so that they can have a nasty back and forth; that is the ONLY purpose to them from what I see. Some people for some strange reason, (they're lonely, angry at life, frustrated with their personal life? IDK) really get off on it. Don't engage and you take away the feeling of satisfaction. I tried using the illogical approach to show the poster the way they sound...didn't work. My husband, two children, and granddaughter never listen to me, so do not expect any of you will, but thought I would put in my two cents.

#123   2013/08/13 12:14PM
    ransomha

Quote shepmajor:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote cardgirl:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote ransomha: Skip my posts if they aren't fun for you. No hard feelings. Try LIKE THREADS they are for people that only want comments that match their own.

Wow. I have no problem at all with posters' opinions that don't 'match' mine. I do have a problem with twisting reality to further ridiculous arguments and insults to real people, two things you engage in frequently, rans. Obviously you do have hard feelings or you wouldn't be lobbing insults.

Show me ONE post that has insulted a poster.
    I ONLY post about the show and NEVER poster bash. NEVER.

I'm too old to be bullied and care if i'm part of a little clique'.

I post my thoughts about the show within the guidelines of the board.

I don't insult posters the way I have been insulted. Not my style.

I'll show you one. This one. To tell me to only post in like threads where others will agree with me is INSULTING, rans.

You have given us all this bit before about how you post within the guidelines and it is simply NOT TRUE. You bully, you poster bash, you do all the things that you say you do not. But you will never ever OWN IT. We all know it. It is obvious to all of us as reflected in numerous posts in this thread, rans.

Or last week when I said your posts are sometimes belittling to others. You said that was my fault. Insulting AND condescending. If just once you could admit you were wrong. Just because you post within the guidelines does not make you any less insulting. If just once you could perhaps apologize. Perhaps you truly don't see how your words can hurt others feelings. Even when it is pointed out to you, even if it was not intentional, at least say your sorry for doing it, even if it was unintentional. Don't disregard other's feelings.

By your own word, you said my posts are belittling. Why critique my words? Just post about the show. That's what I try to do unless i'm personally called out. like you did.

If anyone is ever hurt by my posts that is not my intention.
    If my opinions are hurtful. that too is not my intention.

Why anyone would be insulted by my opinion about GH is beyond me but, it is never my intention to be rude to anyone. If any posters feel that I am rude in my responses to them about the show, I sincerely apologize.

I love this show, and enjoy talking about it.

I was once called out for being condescending when I called someone, "Hon." Furthest thing from my mind, but some take that enderament as a slap in the face. Color me educated.

I think where the disconnect comes in here? Is that what you call your "opinion" isn't always that. It's a judgment. Conscious or not. For example. When I say the sky is blue - that's not my opinion, it's a fact. I cannot state that it's opinion. When you make a statement like how so many people akay with XYZ - that's not an opinion either. It's a judgment and an accusation, not your opinion.

I don't think you always intend to come across as hurtful, but I also think you are completely unaware sometimes that you do. When you're irritated, or insulted that so many people put Sonny down - it's natural to feel a little defensive, because it FEELS like an attack against you - even though it isn't.

Bottom line, calling something an opinion, doesn't mean that it is. It's a defense mechanism we humans use to keep from having to look at where we went wrong.

If you went back and looked at the previous posters and their comments, you would see that the 3-4-5 people that were talking about Morgan/Michael were ALL in favor of Michael taking Morgan's girl.
    That was the facts and the reason I so so surprised/appalled that no one seemed in favor of brothers standing by each other.

#124   2013/08/13 12:15PM
    shepmajor

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote shepmajor:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote shepmajor:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote shepmajor:
    Quote ransomha: If Morgan, AJ or Sonny would have gone after Abby, I think people would have been outraged. Michael's first love, they are his family etc.

And If Abby came back, Michael would drop Kiki in a minute.

The lack of family respect is disappointing to me. I'm appalled that so many are on board with brothers turning against each other.

We have seen with Sonny and Ric and Jason and AJ this hatred lasts a life time. Very sad.

Wait a minute Rans... you can't have it both ways... To the bolded... You have gone on record as HOPING that Morgan gets payback on Michael... is that not fostering a lifelong feud between the brothers?

No, Michael should not be anywhere near Kiki... neither should Morgan. Wasn't it you who said Bro's before Ho's? Morgan knows Kiki doesn't love him - and for that reason alone, he should kick her to the curb.

You took my words out of context.

I said IF Michael continues to try to take Kiki and if he does indeed take her, I hope Morgan gets even. By then, their brother relationship would be over.

And why should Morgan give up on his relationship? Because his brother wants his girlfriend?

Why should Morgan give up on his relationship with Kiki? That should be obvious. BECAUSE SHE DOES NOT LOVE HIM. Because she has feelings for his brother. Because he has been reduced to a pathetic, whiny, manipulative turd who has to lie and nearly forcibly drag this girl to the altar, naively believing it will keep her from loving/wanting/lusting after his brother... That's not plenty of reason to walk away? Wouldn't you think he might deserve better than that?

If you can leave Michael completely out of the picture for a moment, and just ponder that part: that the girl he loves/wants/is soooo pathetically desperate for simply does not return his feelings AND has feelings (whatever they may be) for another man... Who would want to be with anyone who isn't 100% invested in them? And why would they even consider settling for less?

My guess would be just so Morgan can win and Michael can lose. Michael is not worthy because he's giving his bio father a chance. I'm just making assumptions based on previous posts.

The ultimate sin... not that he's turned his back on Sonny. Yet. Until he hears that Sonny knew Kiki wasn't a Q and allowed him to suffer the self-shame that comes from lusting after someone you think is a close blood relation.

I can't wait until he finds out Sonny kept that from him! Not that I think it's ok for him to pursue Kiki considering Morgan had feelings for her first. But having those feelings is something you can't always control. Thinking that those feelings are dirty because they are directed at your cousin has got to be agonizing. Finding out your father knew and didn't tell you is just MIND BLOWING. This is going to blow up in Sonny's face and I can't wait.

Have plenty of popcorn at hand...

#125   2013/08/13 12:16PM
    shepmajor

Quote ransomha:
    Quote shepmajor:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote shepmajor:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote shepmajor:
    Quote ransomha: If Morgan, AJ or Sonny would have gone after Abby, I think people would have been outraged. Michael's first love, they are his family etc.

The lack of family respect is disappointing to me. I'm appalled that so many are on board with brothers turning against each other.

We have seen with Sonny and Ric and Jason and AJ this hatred lasts a life time. Very sad.

Wait a minute Rans... you can't have it both ways... To the bolded... You have gone on record as HOPING that Morgan gets payback on Michael... is that not fostering a lifelong feud between the brothers?

No, Michael should not be anywhere near Kiki... neither should Morgan. Wasn't it you who said Bro's before Ho's? Morgan knows Kiki doesn't love him - and for that reason alone, he should kick her to the curb.

I said IF Michael continues to try to take Kiki and if he does indeed take her, I hope Morgan gets even. By then, their brother relationship would be over.

And why should Morgan give up on his relationship? Because his brother wants his girlfriend?

Why should Morgan give up on his relationship with Kiki? That should be obvious. BECAUSE SHE DOES NOT LOVE HIM. Because she has feelings for his brother. Because he has been reduced to a pathetic, whiny, manipulative turd who has to lie and nearly forcibly drag this girl to the altar, naively believing it will keep her from loving/wanting/lusting after his brother... That's not plenty of reason to walk away? Wouldn't you think he might deserve better than that?

If you can leave Michael completely out of the picture for a moment, and just ponder that part: that the girl he loves/wants/is soooo pathetically desperate for simply does not return his feelings AND has feelings (whatever they may be) for another man... Who would want to be with anyone who isn't 100% invested in them? And why would they even consider settling for less?

Morgan is 19. He's in love.
    He asked Kiki if they were moving too fast. She said no.
    He asked Kiki to marry him,\She said Yes.

They made love to seal the deal.
    Does Morgan have fears. YES but, like Kiki told Michael, she cares about him and hopes it will turn into love. I'm guessing that's what Morgan is hoping too.

That's no excuse. You're not even addressing the elephant in the room... Kiki has feelings for another man. It's demeaning to Morgan to be in a relationship with a girl who does not want what he wants. Who is using him as a means of forcing herself not to act on her true feelings. Who is trying to FORCE herself into finding a way to learn to love him.

Kiki allowed Morgan to use her body after accepting his proposal. Yet another way to try and force herself to not dwell on the other man. Morgan was being very passive-aggressive in asking if he was rushing her - he knows her well enough to know that she's not going to want to deliberately hurt him.

Yeah, he's 19. So what? He's old enough to have some semblance of self-respect or pride... not that he's shown that he has either.

He should step aside for HIMSELF, not for anyone else. (And yes, Michael should stay away from her too).

Kiki's crushing on the bigger, older brother. Big deal.
    She's kissed him twice and had about an hour of conversation with him.

Morgan didn't kidnap her, drug her, force her.
    He's doing what he thinks is right now, is it? Heck no but he's a kid in love and he's afraid he's going to lose his first love.
    People have done worse then getting married prematurely.

It's demeaning to Michael to be lusting after his brother's wife.
    It's demeaning to Kiki to be leading on two brothers.
    It's demeaning to Morgan to feel he has to rush a marriage to keep his girl.
    yes it's demeaning to all of them.

Which is precisely why BOTH brothers should walk away from her and never look back.

#126   2013/08/13 12:17PM
    JaneDoe

Quote Mrs. Lansing: I have an idea why not even respond to any of that particular persons posts. This illogical twisting that goes on IMO is only to get people to engage so that they can have a nasty back and forth; that is the ONLY purpose to them from what I see. Some people for some strange reason, (they're lonely, angry at life, frustrated with their personal life? IDK) really get off on it. Don't engage and you take away the feeling of satisfaction. I tried using the illogical approach to show the poster the way they sound...didn't work. My husband, two children, and granddaughter never listen to me, so do not expect any of you will, but thought I would put in my two cents.

Good advice! I should know better by now.

#127   2013/08/13 12:18PM
    ransomha

Quote IslandGirl33:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote cardgirl:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote ransomha:
    I don't see her letting her mother push her around. She has all but cut off her mother. Won't answer her calls or her voting against her showed her strong will.

Kiki is not showing a strong will AT ALL. She is vacillating between Michael, Morgan, Ava, Franco. She is confused and unsure. If she had a strong will, she would not be so mixed up and would instead be acting in her own best interests, WHICH SHE IS NOT. Morgan is taking advantage of that. If he truly cared for Kiki, he would also be acting in her own best interests, WHICH HE IS NOT.

But obviously you choose to see things differently to back up your personal likes and dislikes, as you so often do, rans. Your prerogative. I'm sure you will also need to have the last word as that is another one of your MO's.

Do you get why people find it so unpleasant to post with you, rans? You twist things up beyond recognition. Your insinuations are insulting to other posters, but when they call you on it, you then turn around and act like the victim. Posters have explained this to you numerous times and yet you continue with it.

Perhaps you truly don't understand? Or perhaps you just like to stir the pot? Whatever the reason, it's not fun, which is why I generally skip past your posts and your threads. I will continue to do so.

Co-sign. Some things are just futile. Just like in real life, some people are not capable of seeing where they might be wrong, and can't accept responsibility for their actions or words. Sad very sad.

How can an OPINION about FICTIONAL characters be right or wrong? Because they don't match yours. they are wrong?

It's not about your opinion of the show... it's about what actually happens and how you twist it into something that DIDN'T happen, or the other way around.

I have given you examples of you doing the exact same thong about Sonny. But, the difference is, I DON'T CARE, twist away.

If JD does the "exact same thing" then why is it that she does not have these ongoing issues with other posters? It's because she does not do what you are accusing her from. Especially not everyday and in every post!!! Geez!

If I had so many posters telling me the same thing over and over and over again, I believe I would have to take a step back and take a long look at what they are telling me. Just sayin'... we can't all be wrong.

I'm an adult. I don't care if 5 people on a message board don't like my truth.

There are people that do. Whatever. It's how I see the show. I post abut it.
    I do wish you didn't feel bad about it, it's not my intention to hurt your or anyones feelings.

I'm a strong person with strong opinions. Will try to tone it down when talking to you.

#128   2013/08/13 12:27PM
    IslandGirl33

Quote cardgirl:
    Quote shepmajor:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote cardgirl:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote ransomha: Skip my posts if they aren't fun for you. No hard feelings. Try LIKE THREADS they are for people that only want comments that match their own.

Wow. I have no problem at all with posters' opinions that don't 'match' mine. I do have a problem with twisting reality to further ridiculous arguments and insults to real people, two things you engage in frequently, rans. Obviously you do have hard feelings or you wouldn't be lobbing insults.

Show me ONE post that has insulted a poster.
    I ONLY post about the show and NEVER poster bash. NEVER.

I'm too old to be bullied and care if i'm part of a little clique'.

I post my thoughts about the show within the guidelines of the board.

I don't insult posters the way I have been insulted. Not my style.

I'll show you one. This one. To tell me to only post in like threads where others will agree with me is INSULTING, rans.

You have given us all this bit before about how you post within the guidelines and it is simply NOT TRUE. You bully, you poster bash, you do all the things that you say you do not. But you will never ever OWN IT. We all know it. It is obvious to all of us as reflected in numerous posts in this thread, rans.

Or last week when I said your posts are sometimes belittling to others. You said that was my fault. Insulting AND condescending. Whatever, I'm out.

How can I help if you feel belittled?

How about start with: Don't belittle her? People are allowed to have opinions, but that doesn't mean they get to run roughshod over other people's feelings, then sit back and say "It's not my fault your feelings are hurt by what I said/say."

Words mean something, Rans. You know that. You have expressed the fact that you sometimes get hurt when others express their feelings about Sonny - that sometimes you take it personally - so you very well know that what you say (and especially HOW you say it) can and does affect other people. Yeah, sometimes it's hard to tell if we're coming across as condescending - many people are completely unaware that THAT is how they sound. Instead of taking it as an attack, maybe take it as an opportunity to really *listen* to what you're saying it and how you're coming across. Maybe recognize that you bear as much responsibility when things go south as the other party(ies) involved.

Thanks, Shep. At least somebody gets me. I realize some times people say stuff and don't intend it to be hurtful. Even so, when it is pointed out to them, they should accept responsibility. I guess I can't expect everyone to live by my rule of thumb, just because you have the right to say it, does not mean you should. Oh well.

Oh most peeps get you... at least 99.9% anyway! And well said by-the-way!

#129   2013/08/13 12:30PM
    IslandGirl33

Quote ransomha:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote cardgirl:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote ransomha:

Not valid examples because what I said about Sonny HAPPENED. Right on my screen. He really makes it too easy.

That's the way you see it! Your twist. Not what always happens. But, you're entitled.

Where's the screaming emoticon when you need one?

#130   2013/08/13 12:34PM
    IslandGirl33

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote shepmajor:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote shepmajor:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote shepmajor:

My guess would be just so Morgan can win and Michael can lose. Michael is not worthy because he's giving his bio father a chance. I'm just making assumptions based on previous posts.

The ultimate sin... not that he's turned his back on Sonny. Yet. Until he hears that Sonny knew Kiki wasn't a Q and allowed him to suffer the self-shame that comes from lusting after someone you think is a close blood relation.

I can't wait until he finds out Sonny kept that from him! Not that I think it's ok for him to pursue Kiki considering Morgan had feelings for her first. But having those feelings is something you can't always control. Thinking that those feelings are dirty because they are directed at your cousin has got to be agonizing. Finding out your father knew and didn't tell you is just MIND BLOWING. This is going to blow up in Sonny's face and I can't wait.

No kidding... that scene should be both intense and emotional! Well at least Sonny will still have Morgan since he kept Morgan's secret (hehe)! Hope that works out for him!

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list