List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: AJ chocking Connie. It's not that serious

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

AJ chocking Connie. It's not that serious

Started by YRFan99 at 2013/08/08 01:20PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/09 09:49AM, Views: 1897, Replies: 40
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #31   2013/08/08 03:58PM
    Re: AJ chocking Connie. It's not that serious
    ransomha

Quote elijahsgotit:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote cardgirl:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote elijahsgotit: Chill?? As if no one has the right to be upset about a woman being choked LOL

I do think it is good drama an it's this kind of drama that makes soaps interesting but I also think it's very wrong for a man to lay hands on a woman and it's understandable to be upset by that, especially considering AJ's reason for doing it I remember being outraged when Kiefer was beating Krissy..Not comparing the two completely different situation, just saying that both are wrong.

I believe that viewers can both enjoy the drama and feel the way that they do about a woman being choked. Just because they may not like something that happens on the show doesn't mean they don't still enjoy the drama of it.

Btw, so much for AJ being a changed man
    I only wish Elizabeth and Michael could have been there to watch.

EXCELLANT post.

I guess Kristina's abuse was entertaining too.......

Rans, Can I just ask, why do you always take things to the extreme? Liz slapping Tracy was far from senior abuse. It was still wrong but it was not abuse of a senior. If Monica would have slapped her, it still would have been wrong but Monica is a senior now I guess to.

AJ should not have put his hands on Connie.

There's is all kinds of things that happen, it does not make it abuse. What happened to Kristina was abuse. Usually to qualify as abuse it has to be excessive. Which that was.
    Liz slapping Tracy was not excessive.
    Sonny pulling a gun on AJ was just as violent and criminal as AJ choking Connie.

And yes it is a soap so there are bound to be many degrees of violence. I am not entertained by excessive violence either nor am I entertained by excessive abuse.

And some things like the slap and the choking no matter to what degree are wrong. Not every violent or wrong act that happens on a show has to be appalling. Just because others don't share your outrage over stuff does make them heartless or wrong. EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion with out being belittled or argued with.

If two old people get into it, that's a fait fight but, for a young woman to slap a senior/older woman across her face in her own home is not ok IMO.

I really don't care if others share my opinion or not. They usually don't as you may have noticed.
    If you post an opinion and others disagree why do you think that I think they are wrong?If you feel belittled that's on you, i'm afraid.

You may see me as "extreme " , I see myself as passionate.

I have said 100 times, this is MY OPINION or how I SEE something. I really don't worry about how other people watch or enjoy the show. Just glad they do.Voicing an opposite opinion is what makes the boards interesting, I don't considering it arguing.

If people like threads that only want "like" opinions, they should start threads like that.
    Otherwise, I think you should expect difference of opinions and debate.

I completely agree on Tracy/Elizabeth. First of all, it was none of Liz's business. Tracy did what she had to do to take back what was STOLEN from her. Let's all not forget what AJ did to get that company in the first place. He stole Tracy's inheritance but no one seems to have any problem with that yet Tracy deserved to be slapped for doing what she had to do?? No, I don't think so. Liz shouldn't have even been there once AJ left and she had no right to slap Tracy. I'm a big fan of both characters but Liz was in the wrong here and she really needs to stop trying to fight AJ's battles for him already, it's getting old.

Also, not to get in between the posting discussion but I'd just like to point something out. We've interacted on this board for a while now, sometimes we agree, sometimes we disagree but as I've stated before, I've never felt offended, disrespected, belittled or whatever you wanna call it. This is supposed to be the fun of debating and for me, it is

I sincerely thank you for that post. Now...let the debating begin!

#32   2013/08/08 04:04PM
    stephanie215

Quote ransomha:
    Quote elijahsgotit:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote cardgirl:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote elijahsgotit: Chill?? As if no one has the right to be upset about a woman being choked LOL

I do think it is good drama an it's this kind of drama that makes soaps interesting but I also think it's very wrong for a man to lay hands on a woman and it's understandable to be upset by that, especially considering AJ's reason for doing it I remember being outraged when Kiefer was beating Krissy..Not comparing the two completely different situation, just saying that both are wrong.

I believe that viewers can both enjoy the drama and feel the way that they do about a woman being choked. Just because they may not like something that happens on the show doesn't mean they don't still enjoy the drama of it.

EXCELLANT post.

Rans, Can I just ask, why do you always take things to the extreme? Liz slapping Tracy was far from senior abuse. It was still wrong but it was not abuse of a senior. If Monica would have slapped her, it still would have been wrong but Monica is a senior now I guess to.

There's is all kinds of things that happen, it does not make it abuse. What happened to Kristina was abuse. Usually to qualify as abuse it has to be excessive. Which that was.
    Sonny pulling a gun on AJ was just as violent and criminal as AJ choking Connie.

And yes it is a soap so there are bound to be many degrees of violence. I am not entertained by excessive violence either nor am I entertained by excessive abuse.

And some things like the slap and the choking no matter to what degree are wrong. Not every violent or wrong act that happens on a show has to be appalling. Just because others don't share your outrage over stuff does make them heartless or wrong. EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion with out being belittled or argued with.

If two old people get into it, that's a fait fight but, for a young woman to slap a senior/older woman across her face in her own home is not ok IMO.

I really don't care if others share my opinion or not. They usually don't as you may have noticed.
    If you post an opinion and others disagree why do you think that I think they are wrong?If you feel belittled that's on you, i'm afraid.

I have said 100 times, this is MY OPINION or how I SEE something. I really don't worry about how other people watch or enjoy the show. Just glad they do.Voicing an opposite opinion is what makes the boards interesting, I don't considering it arguing.

If people like threads that only want "like" opinions, they should start threads like that.

I completely agree on Tracy/Elizabeth. First of all, it was none of Liz's business. Tracy did what she had to do to take back what was STOLEN from her. Let's all not forget what AJ did to get that company in the first place. He stole Tracy's inheritance but no one seems to have any problem with that yet Tracy deserved to be slapped for doing what she had to do?? No, I don't think so. Liz shouldn't have even been there once AJ left and she had no right to slap Tracy. I'm a big fan of both characters but Liz was in the wrong here and she really needs to stop trying to fight AJ's battles for him already, it's getting old.

Also, not to get in between the posting discussion but I'd just like to point something out. We've interacted on this board for a while now, sometimes we agree, sometimes we disagree but as I've stated before, I've never felt offended, disrespected, belittled or whatever you wanna call it. This is supposed to be the fun of debating and for me, it is

Great Post, ITA, everybody has a right to there opinion. There is no right or wrong. It's everybody's opinion!

#33   2013/08/08 04:38PM
    elijahsgotit

Quote stephanie215:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote elijahsgotit:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote cardgirl:
    Quote ransomha:

EXCELLANT post.

Great Post, ITA, everybody has a right to there opinion. There is no right or wrong. It's everybody's opinion!

Exactly. That's why it's called an "opinion" LOL

#34   2013/08/08 05:56PM
    bella jasam

The choking was totally unnecessary. Violence is not AJ's thing. That is Sonny's job.

#35   2013/08/08 06:55PM
    JLiz

I Think that the writers just needed to screw around with A.J.
    One more time,it seems to me that anyone with that name always
    Seems to lose, I'm glad I don't have that name,LOL.

With that being said, I mad at A.J.For striking at Connie, but
    Remember when Sonny, tied up and held Connie in his warehouse,
    Over what happened to someone's fiance' and daughter (Code:
    For not mentioning their names, because Prospect Park), that
    Was wrong, too. 1993, became the year that Soaps glorified

What Gangsters do, they commit crimes, but when a honest
    Man, makes a big mistake, we condemn them. I'm so disappointed in Frank and Ron for wasting a very good talk
    From beyond between Alan and A.J. That was a big waste of

Time for nothing,now Alan has to just give up on him, ages
    Ago, A.J. Never stood a chance! Not with Carly, Hannah,
    Courtney, Rachael, Liz, the man keep a woman, a job, nothing! I know, it's just a Soap, chill, right.

But I hate, when they bring a character back and try to
    Change them into a good person, then turn them back, bad,
    Boy, was I fool to think that for once, this show would
    Not just revolve around Sonny, Carly, Ava, Connie, but it

Has, it's ashame, but I should have stopped watching, when
    Sonny first came right into town, he's like the devil, LOL
    I can't stand him and his marry band of mobsters, Kill him
    Off,write it, where he nearly chokes someone like Carly,Or
    Connie, then have A.J., Shawn, or Michael come in, and pull

A Gun on him? Why does he always have to be right? It really
    Burns my Canoli, I'm taking a week off from watching, and
    Only watch, Sam, Silas, Rafe, Molly, Alexis, Wells, scenes,
    I just can't stand Mr. God's Gift to Women and the world 101!

#36   2013/08/08 07:05PM
    Zacchara

Quote JLiz: I Think that the writers just needed to screw around with A.J.

Man, makes a big mistake, we condemn them. I'm so disappointed in Frank and Ron for wasting a very good talk

Courtney, Rachael, Liz, the man keep a woman, a job, nothing! I know, it's just a Soap, chill, right.

They should do a story arc with a CLUE theme where everyone is locked in a creepy house and the new Golden Boy is introduced as the detective questioning everyone.

#37   2013/08/08 08:58PM
    genhospchat

Quote ransomha:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote oltllover: I haven't seen anyone really saying anything about AJ choking Connie its more about AJ whining about his failed life. a man should never put his hands on a woman but your right this is a soap and this isn't about man on woman violence its about AJ blaming someone else for his problem. If Connie was a man he would have done the same thing.

I don't think so.
    AJ wouldn't lay his hand on someone that could actually hit back.

While I love soapy goodness as much as the next person, some things are not entertaining, IMO.

Sam's "rape", Michael's rape, a younger woman slapping a senior, a man strangling a woman...... wouldn't want to see a pedophile s/l and many others but, to each their own.

then why do you even watch. Soaps are not wine and roses, rapes, murders, kidnappings etc. is part of the story telling no one is glorifying it. and AJ was pretty pissed I think he would have gone after a guy the same way this is not a story about violence against women its about AJ's insecurities and uncontrollable rage. Connie was just the easy excuse for him. I never said I like watching violence but I except that sometimes it is necessary for the story. you know like when sonny the mobster does his thing.

When Michael got shot in the head, I took a week off.
    Watching a child in a coma and a mother's pain is not entertainment, TO ME.
    Also Jake's death was not entertainment for me.

I watch because 95% of the time I like it. That's good enough odds for me.

A man choking a woman is not violence towards woman?
    If Sonny was there and not Connie, there is no way on earth he would have unloaded on Sonny, grabbed his neck, even though he thought Sonny was behind Connie running the story.

By saying "it's no big deal" IS glorifying violence against woman.

We should all be appalled that AJ would dare put his hiands around Connie's neck.

I know threatening to kill your ex wife, mother of your children, is appalling. I know threatening to kill your wife, who just lost your baby is appalling. I know threatening to kill, and trying to kill, a female enemy is appalling.

All major reasons I can't stand Sonny. Doesn't matter if it's man woman or child, if it's something he wants, doesn't matter the collateral damage. Oh and he is the reason the show was so violent for the last 15 years. I mean didn't we JUST see Franco get the pulp beat out of him, blood everywhere and Sonny standing there laughing about it?

Darn if I only knew where, or cared to look for, those threads.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/08 09:03PM
    #38   2013/08/08 09:10PM
    genhospchat

Quote JLiz: I Think that the writers just needed to screw around with A.J.

Cheers to you!

#39   2013/08/09 03:58AM
    ransomha

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote oltllover: I haven't seen anyone really saying anything about AJ choking Connie its more about AJ whining about his failed life. a man should never put his hands on a woman but your right this is a soap and this isn't about man on woman violence its about AJ blaming someone else for his problem. If Connie was a man he would have done the same thing.

I don't think so.

While I love soapy goodness as much as the next person, some things are not entertaining, IMO.

Sam's "rape", Michael's rape, a younger woman slapping a senior, a man strangling a woman...... wouldn't want to see a pedophile s/l and many others but, to each their own.

then why do you even watch. Soaps are not wine and roses, rapes, murders, kidnappings etc. is part of the story telling no one is glorifying it. and AJ was pretty pissed I think he would have gone after a guy the same way this is not a story about violence against women its about AJ's insecurities and uncontrollable rage. Connie was just the easy excuse for him. I never said I like watching violence but I except that sometimes it is necessary for the story. you know like when sonny the mobster does his thing.

If Sonny was there and not Connie, there is no way on earth he would have unloaded on Sonny, grabbed his neck, even though he thought Sonny was behind Connie running the story.

We should all be appalled that AJ would dare put his hiands around Connie's neck.

I know threatening to kill your ex wife, mother of your children, is appalling. I know threatening to kill your wife, who just lost your baby is appalling. I know threatening to kill, and trying to kill, a female enemy is appalling.

All major reasons I can't stand Sonny. Doesn't matter if it's man woman or child, if it's something he wants, doesn't matter the collateral damage. Oh and he is the reason the show was so violent for the last 15 years. I mean didn't we JUST see Franco get the pulp beat out of him, blood everywhere and Sonny standing there laughing about it?

Threats are WORDS....he didn't put his hands on Carly.

Franco was responsible for the RAPE of his son, that man got off EASY.

#40   2013/08/09 04:40AM
    stephanie215

Quote ransomha:
    Quote genhospchat:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote ransomha:

I don't think so.

Threats are WORDS....he didn't put his hands on Carly.

Franco was responsible for the RAPE of his son, that man got off EASY.

I agree, Yes Sonny was mad at Carly and they had WORDS he never raised his hands to her or choked her.

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list