List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: AJ chocking Connie. It's not that serious

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

AJ chocking Connie. It's not that serious

Started by YRFan99 at 2013/08/08 01:20PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/09 09:49AM, Views: 1841, Replies: 40
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #21   2013/08/08 02:43PM
    Re: AJ chocking Connie. It's not that serious
    elijahsgotit

Quote ransomha:
    Quote elijahsgotit: Chill?? As if no one has the right to be upset about a woman being choked LOL

I do think it is good drama an it's this kind of drama that makes soaps interesting but I also think it's very wrong for a man to lay hands on a woman and it's understandable to be upset by that, especially considering AJ's reason for doing it I remember being outraged when Kiefer was beating Krissy..Not comparing the two completely different situation, just saying that both are wrong.

I believe that viewers can both enjoy the drama and feel the way that they do about a woman being choked. Just because they may not like something that happens on the show doesn't mean they don't still enjoy the drama of it.

Btw, so much for AJ being a changed man
    I only wish Elizabeth and Michael could have been there to watch.

EXCELLANT post.

I guess Kristina's abuse was entertaining too.......

Thanks

I just can't for the life of me figure out why people keep insisting that AJ has "changed" when he goes around pulling crap like this. As far as I'm concerned, this is the same old AJ he's always been. I wonder if Michael will still side with him against Sonny when he finally sees this.

#22   2013/08/08 02:57PM
    cardgirl

Quote elijahsgotit:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote elijahsgotit: Chill?? As if no one has the right to be upset about a woman being choked LOL

I do think it is good drama an it's this kind of drama that makes soaps interesting but I also think it's very wrong for a man to lay hands on a woman and it's understandable to be upset by that, especially considering AJ's reason for doing it I remember being outraged when Kiefer was beating Krissy..Not comparing the two completely different situation, just saying that both are wrong.

I believe that viewers can both enjoy the drama and feel the way that they do about a woman being choked. Just because they may not like something that happens on the show doesn't mean they don't still enjoy the drama of it.

EXCELLANT post.

Thanks

I just can't for the life of me figure out why people keep insisting that AJ has "changed" when he goes around pulling crap like this. As far as I'm concerned, this is the same old AJ he's always been. I wonder if Michael will still side with him against Sonny when he finally sees this.

No AJ blaming others for his lot in life does not show to much growth or change. He could just be at his breaking point. But it was classic AJ to blame Sonny right away for this when Sonny has nothing to do with it at all.

I think Michael is more concerned with finding Kiki than he is in what his two dad's are up to. But if he does show up there, he will see how they both are. AJ choking Connie, and Sonny holding a gun on him. Although in Sonny's defense he is doing to defend Connie. Not the same as when he held a gun on Carly and threatened to kill her.

Now that I think more about this, a lot of men on this show do not treat women very well.

#23   2013/08/08 03:09PM
    elijahsgotit

Quote cardgirl:
    Quote elijahsgotit:
    Quote ransomha:

EXCELLANT post.

Thanks

No AJ blaming others for his lot in life does not show to much growth or change. He could just be at his breaking point. But it was classic AJ to blame Sonny right away for this when Sonny has nothing to do with it at all.

I think Michael is more concerned with finding Kiki than he is in what his two dad's are up to. But if he does show up there, he will see how they both are. AJ choking Connie, and Sonny holding a gun on him. Although in Sonny's defense he is doing to defend Connie. Not the same as when he held a gun on Carly and threatened to kill her.

Now that I think more about this, a lot of men on this show do not treat women very well.

I just don't think AJ has changed at all. I won't go as far as to say I don't think he's tried to change but at this point, I'm just no so sure he's even capable of it. AJ is still as selfish, manipulative, smug, judgmental, self-righteous, and violent as ever. He doesn't accept responsibility for ANYTHING and I don't see any change from the old days really. What we've been seeing is the "best behavior/reign it in" AJ but it's easy to reign it in when everything is going your way. It's when times are tough that you see what a person is truly like and capable of and unfortunately, this is the real AJ..He's just been in hiding LOL

I doo agree about Michael being more concerned with Kiki but I was referring more to the rumor/speculation from a while back that Michael would side with AJ against Sonny when he learned of Sonny's knowledge of the Kiki secret. I was just wondering will he still side with AJ when he learns that he really hasn't changed after all. I didn't think Michael would actually see AJ choke Connie but that the news would get back to him and then he'd have to "see" the truth about AJ.

You are right though that a lot of men on soaps don't treat women well.

#24   2013/08/08 03:23PM
    ransomha

Quote cardgirl:
    Quote ransomha:

EXCELLANT post.

Rans, Can I just ask, why do you always take things to the extreme? Liz slapping Tracy was far from senior abuse. It was still wrong but it was not abuse of a senior. If Monica would have slapped her, it still would have been wrong but Monica is a senior now I guess to.

AJ should not have put his hands on Connie.

There's is all kinds of things that happen, it does not make it abuse. What happened to Kristina was abuse. Usually to qualify as abuse it has to be excessive. Which that was.
    Liz slapping Tracy was not excessive.
    Sonny pulling a gun on AJ was just as violent and criminal as AJ choking Connie.

And yes it is a soap so there are bound to be many degrees of violence. I am not entertained by excessive violence either nor am I entertained by excessive abuse.

And some things like the slap and the choking no matter to what degree are wrong. Not every violent or wrong act that happens on a show has to be appalling. Just because others don't share your outrage over stuff does make them heartless or wrong. EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion with out being belittled or argued with.

If two old people get into it, that's a fait fight but, for a young woman to slap a senior/older woman across her face in her own home is not ok IMO.

I really don't care if others share my opinion or not. They usually don't as you may have noticed.
    If you post an opinion and others disagree why do you think that I think they are wrong?If you feel belittled that's on you, i'm afraid.

You may see me as "extreme " , I see myself as passionate.

I have said 100 times, this is MY OPINION or how I SEE something. I really don't worry about how other people watch or enjoy the show. Just glad they do.Voicing an opposite opinion is what makes the boards interesting, I don't considering it arguing.

If people like threads that only want "like" opinions, they should start threads like that.
    Otherwise, I think you should expect difference of opinions and debate.

#25   2013/08/08 03:27PM
    ransomha

Quote oltllover:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote oltllover: I haven't seen anyone really saying anything about AJ choking Connie its more about AJ whining about his failed life. a man should never put his hands on a woman but your right this is a soap and this isn't about man on woman violence its about AJ blaming someone else for his problem. If Connie was a man he would have done the same thing.

I don't think so.
    AJ wouldn't lay his hand on someone that could actually hit back.

While I love soapy goodness as much as the next person, some things are not entertaining, IMO.

Sam's "rape", Michael's rape, a younger woman slapping a senior, a man strangling a woman...... wouldn't want to see a pedophile s/l and many others but, to each their own.

then why do you even watch. Soaps are not wine and roses, rapes, murders, kidnappings etc. is part of the story telling no one is glorifying it. and AJ was pretty pissed I think he would have gone after a guy the same way this is not a story about violence against women its about AJ's insecurities and uncontrollable rage. Connie was just the easy excuse for him. I never said I like watching violence but I except that sometimes it is necessary for the story. you know like when sonny the mobster does his thing.

When Michael got shot in the head, I took a week off.
    Watching a child in a coma and a mother's pain is not entertainment, TO ME.
    Also Jake's death was not entertainment for me.

I watch because 95% of the time I like it. That's good enough odds for me.

A man choking a woman is not violence towards woman?
    If Sonny was there and not Connie, there is no way on earth he would have unloaded on Sonny, grabbed his neck, even though he thought Sonny was behind Connie running the story.

By saying "it's no big deal" IS glorifying violence against woman.

We should all be appalled that AJ would dare put his hands around Connie's neck.

OK perhaps saying "its no big deal" is not the words I would use but it is a soap and I am curious as to why so much outrage over this yet I can't seem to find the thread about Julian/Derek grabbing Maxie. and I am not entertained by the rape or murder of a child etc. I am emtertained by the s/l and the actors. My heart broke when they killed Jake but all of the actors involved in that story were outstanding and thats what drives a soap.

In the daily updates, Julian grabbing Maxie's arm was discussed and people were upset but, grabbing an arm while 100% wrong is a far cry from grabbing her neck and cutting off her air. You could see by her face she couldn't breath. That was violence to the point of death . I don't think Maxie's life was in danger.

Also as to why do I watch, I doubt most viewers enjoy every aspect of the show. Some things we like, some we don't. That would include s/l's, actors, characters, etc.

the daily updates is something that is started by the people who run the site a thread is something that us fans start so again I ask why no one started a thread condeming violence against a pregnant woman and sure choking is deadly and arm grabbing isn't but its still putting hand on a woman in anger. When they had the s/l about Keifer and Kristina it was horrble that he was beating her but no one was glorifying it but it was a powerful story(although I hated the way they resolved it IMO they took the easy way out having alexis hit him with the car) that story was a "real" abuse story IMO this one is just AJ out of control he wasn't seeing a woman he was seeing the person who ruined his life.

I didn't start a thread about it because, it didn't seem like Maxie was in any danger and I saw it as a way to show us viewers the kind of guy Julian is.
    It didn't have the same impact on me as AJ's fury, grabbing Connie around her windpipe and cutting off her air.
    I guess it didn't freak anyone else out either.

#26   2013/08/08 03:32PM
    stephanie215

IMO What A.J did was violent and criminal. What Sonny did by coming in with a gun is not criminal. Sonny's house. A.J walked in without permission and started choking Connie. Sonny has every right to stop this at all cost.

#27   2013/08/08 03:41PM
    Rena54

AJ is coming apart like he always does - calm down and grow up why do rich kids always have to work for the family company? Get another job - Good Lord ELQ is not the only business in town - Connie did the right thing -

#28   2013/08/08 03:44PM
    elijahsgotit

Quote ransomha:
    Quote cardgirl:
    Quote ransomha:

EXCELLANT post.

Rans, Can I just ask, why do you always take things to the extreme? Liz slapping Tracy was far from senior abuse. It was still wrong but it was not abuse of a senior. If Monica would have slapped her, it still would have been wrong but Monica is a senior now I guess to.

AJ should not have put his hands on Connie.

There's is all kinds of things that happen, it does not make it abuse. What happened to Kristina was abuse. Usually to qualify as abuse it has to be excessive. Which that was.
    Liz slapping Tracy was not excessive.
    Sonny pulling a gun on AJ was just as violent and criminal as AJ choking Connie.

And yes it is a soap so there are bound to be many degrees of violence. I am not entertained by excessive violence either nor am I entertained by excessive abuse.

And some things like the slap and the choking no matter to what degree are wrong. Not every violent or wrong act that happens on a show has to be appalling. Just because others don't share your outrage over stuff does make them heartless or wrong. EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion with out being belittled or argued with.

If two old people get into it, that's a fait fight but, for a young woman to slap a senior/older woman across her face in her own home is not ok IMO.

I really don't care if others share my opinion or not. They usually don't as you may have noticed.
    If you post an opinion and others disagree why do you think that I think they are wrong?If you feel belittled that's on you, i'm afraid.

You may see me as "extreme " , I see myself as passionate.

I have said 100 times, this is MY OPINION or how I SEE something. I really don't worry about how other people watch or enjoy the show. Just glad they do.Voicing an opposite opinion is what makes the boards interesting, I don't considering it arguing.

If people like threads that only want "like" opinions, they should start threads like that.
    Otherwise, I think you should expect difference of opinions and debate.

I completely agree on Tracy/Elizabeth. First of all, it was none of Liz's business. Tracy did what she had to do to take back what was STOLEN from her. Let's all not forget what AJ did to get that company in the first place. He stole Tracy's inheritance but no one seems to have any problem with that yet Tracy deserved to be slapped for doing what she had to do?? No, I don't think so. Liz shouldn't have even been there once AJ left and she had no right to slap Tracy. I'm a big fan of both characters but Liz was in the wrong here and she really needs to stop trying to fight AJ's battles for him already, it's getting old.

Also, not to get in between the posting discussion but I'd just like to point something out. We've interacted on this board for a while now, sometimes we agree, sometimes we disagree but as I've stated before, I've never felt offended, disrespected, belittled or whatever you wanna call it. This is supposed to be the fun of debating and for me, it is

#29   2013/08/08 03:45PM
    ngirl26

Quote oltllover:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote oltllover: I haven't seen anyone really saying anything about AJ choking Connie its more about AJ whining about his failed life. a man should never put his hands on a woman but your right this is a soap and this isn't about man on woman violence its about AJ blaming someone else for his problem. If Connie was a man he would have done the same thing.

I don't think so.
    AJ wouldn't lay his hand on someone that could actually hit back.

While I love soapy goodness as much as the next person, some things are not entertaining, IMO.

Sam's "rape", Michael's rape, a younger woman slapping a senior, a man strangling a woman...... wouldn't want to see a pedophile s/l and many others but, to each their own.

then why do you even watch. Soaps are not wine and roses, rapes, murders, kidnappings etc. is part of the story telling no one is glorifying it. and AJ was pretty pissed I think he would have gone after a guy the same way this is not a story about violence against women its about AJ's insecurities and uncontrollable rage. Connie was just the easy excuse for him. I never said I like watching violence but I except that sometimes it is necessary for the story. you know like when sonny the mobster does his thing.

True. However, when these things occur, the perpetrators of these acts are usually jailed or killed off...eventually. Aj probably won't even get a slap on the wrist. You're right, Aj is doing his typical blame game, but I still have to wonder what Liz (a victim of rape) will have to say about his response to Connie.

#30   2013/08/08 03:47PM
    elijahsgotit

Quote stephanie215: IMO What A.J did was violent and criminal. What Sonny did by coming in with a gun is not criminal. Sonny's house. A.J walked in without permission and started choking Connie. Sonny has every right to stop this at all cost.

I completely agree. Sonny has every right to go in there, all guns blazing. AJ broke into Sonny's home and physically assaulted the woman he loves. What was he supposed to just let him do it?? I think not.

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list