List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: AJ chocking Connie. It's not that serious

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

AJ chocking Connie. It's not that serious

Started by YRFan99 at 2013/08/08 01:20PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/09 09:49AM, Views: 1696, Replies: 40
    1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #1   2013/08/08 01:20PM
    AJ chocking Connie. It's not that serious
    YRFan99

First and foremost remember this is a Soap Opera drama is what keeps us watching.

Nobody has the right to put there hands on anybody vice vers men and women.

This is good entertainment. I am loving the drama going on.

We escape reality by watching tv, so everyone chill.

#2   2013/08/08 01:23PM
    Re: AJ chocking Connie. It's not that serious
    ransomha

Yesterday we have senior abuse, today a man laying his hands on woman,
    I guess "good entertainment" is subjective.

#3   2013/08/08 01:27PM
    Nightmoves

Quote YRFan99: First and foremost remember this is a Soap Opera drama is what keeps us watching.

ITA Good and soapy stuff!

#4   2013/08/08 01:33PM
    oltllover

I haven't seen anyone really saying anything about AJ choking Connie its more about AJ whining about his failed life. a man should never put his hands on a woman but your right this is a soap and this isn't about man on woman violence its about AJ blaming someone else for his problem. If Connie was a man he would have done the same thing.

#5   2013/08/08 01:39PM
    ransomha

Quote oltllover: I haven't seen anyone really saying anything about AJ choking Connie its more about AJ whining about his failed life. a man should never put his hands on a woman but your right this is a soap and this isn't about man on woman violence its about AJ blaming someone else for his problem. If Connie was a man he would have done the same thing.

I don't think so.
    AJ wouldn't lay his hand on someone that could actually hit back.

While I love soapy goodness as much as the next person, some things are not entertaining, IMO.

Sam's "rape", Michael's rape, a younger woman slapping a senior, a man strangling a woman...... wouldn't want to see a pedophile s/l and many others but, to each their own.

#6   2013/08/08 01:44PM
    dafyduc

Quote YRFan99: First and foremost remember this is a Soap Opera drama is what keeps us watching.

Obviously you have never been choked. Believe it is a big deal

#7   2013/08/08 01:48PM
    oltllover

Quote ransomha:
    Quote oltllover: I haven't seen anyone really saying anything about AJ choking Connie its more about AJ whining about his failed life. a man should never put his hands on a woman but your right this is a soap and this isn't about man on woman violence its about AJ blaming someone else for his problem. If Connie was a man he would have done the same thing.

I don't think so.

While I love soapy goodness as much as the next person, some things are not entertaining, IMO.

Sam's "rape", Michael's rape, a younger woman slapping a senior, a man strangling a woman...... wouldn't want to see a pedophile s/l and many others but, to each their own.

then why do you even watch. Soaps are not wine and roses, rapes, murders, kidnappings etc. is part of the story telling no one is glorifying it. and AJ was pretty pissed I think he would have gone after a guy the same way this is not a story about violence against women its about AJ's insecurities and uncontrollable rage. Connie was just the easy excuse for him. I never said I like watching violence but I except that sometimes it is necessary for the story. you know like when sonny the mobster does his thing.

#8   2013/08/08 01:50PM
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote dafyduc:

AMEN, SISTER! I can not believe another woman would applaud violence against another woman, but I guess if that is what you're used to then that is all you know. Sad.

#9   2013/08/08 01:56PM
    oltllover

Quote Mrs. Lansing:
    Quote dafyduc:

AMEN, SISTER! I can not believe another woman would applaud violence against another woman, but I guess if that is what you're used to then that is all you know. Sad.

No one is applauding violence against women. Its been said that he had no right to put his hands on her but it is a soap and worse things have been done and in the end someone pays and besides how was sonny suppose to justify waving his gun around.

#10   2013/08/08 02:08PM
    ransomha

Quote oltllover:
    Quote ransomha:

I don't think so.

then why do you even watch. Soaps are not wine and roses, rapes, murders, kidnappings etc. is part of the story telling no one is glorifying it. and AJ was pretty pissed I think he would have gone after a guy the same way this is not a story about violence against women its about AJ's insecurities and uncontrollable rage. Connie was just the easy excuse for him. I never said I like watching violence but I except that sometimes it is necessary for the story. you know like when sonny the mobster does his thing.

When Michael got shot in the head, I took a week off.
    Watching a child in a coma and a mother's pain is not entertainment, TO ME.
    Also Jake's death was not entertainment for me.

I watch because 95% of the time I like it. That's good enough odds for me.

A man choking a woman is not violence towards woman?
    If Sonny was there and not Connie, there is no way on earth he would have unloaded on Sonny, grabbed his neck, even though he thought Sonny was behind Connie running the story.

By saying "it's no big deal" IS glorifying violence against woman.

We should all be appalled that AJ would dare put his hands around Connie's neck.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/08 02:11PM
    1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list