List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: S L A P

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

S L A P

Started by ransomha at 2013/08/07 12:11PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/09 04:31AM, Views: 2639, Replies: 63
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 page:
    #61   2013/08/09 04:07AM
    Re: S L A P
    ransomha

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote JaneDoe: Tracy was and is always down right NASTY to AJ. He has done nothing since his return to earn the way she treats him. He has done EVERYTHING to try and turn his life around. The words Tracy used yesterday justified a slap IMO from someone who cares about AJ like Liz does. I don't condone violence in general, but there comes a time when you reach your braking point. Liz is tired of hearing AJ get put down. She's tired of watching him struggle. I have no problem with the slap and I'm a Tracy fan.

As far as AJ and Liz go.... I thought it was ridiculous that while they were at the Metro Court, they returned to his family home to do the dirty. I guess it was just a plot point to have them there in the morning to hear about Kiki.... but it was ridiculous. As far as AJ living at home with Mommy, most Q's live in the mansion with their families so I think that's just people reaching to find a reason to bash AJ. Why does Tracy still live there since it's Monica's house? Why is Franco living there? That's just what they do.

AJ took Tracy's job with zero business experience. ELQ is Tracy's life. Guess she didn't like that.

Some people have self control and don't hit senior citizens. Kind of a nice rule to live by.

As far as having ZERO business experience.... that is NOT true. He did in fact run ELQ before, I'd say he has experience.

When he was what in his 20's? He's been in hiding over 15 years. I'd say business ebbs and flows during that much time.

Well now you're just arguing to argue. Ou say he has no experience, you're proven wrong so you turn it around to "that was 15 years ago" Which is it, he has none or he has lots but it was a long time ago?

I suppose Mac running the Floating Rib is a mistake because he hasn't run a business in 15 years. Or is it he has no experience?

Just because AJ was away, doesn't mean he wasn't learning anything or didn't live with the times.

First off, i'm not "arguing". I'm giving my opinion about a TV show.
    I don't think a kid working at his family business is "experience" to take over the top job at a multimillion dollar company. And where was Edward and Tracy when AJ was doing all this work all those years ago?
    Not to be disrespectful to bartenders/waiters, I don't think you can compare their experience needs for taking over a business.
    If that's the case, why spend all that money to get a MBA?

AJ wouldn't have the faintest idea where to begin and either would Michael.
    The only asset they have is Duke.

I know it's a soap but, it's a joke to think running ELQ can be done with on the job training.

"Proven" wrong how so? Where are the facts that AJ worked at ELQ when he was what 20? He said no one trusted him, he was the drunk loser. Jason was in med school and you're telling me AJ was running ELQ? Did Tracey and Edward step down so AJ the drunk loser could take over? I don't remember that.
    And it's not a matter of right or wrong. You may think AJ was a big asset to his family business back 20 years ago, I don't.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/09 04:15AM
    #62   2013/08/09 04:18AM
    ransomha

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote genhospchat:
    Quote stephanie215: As a fan of Liz I first thought the slap was wrong on her part. I just thought slapping a older woman is wrong. Second while I thought she was right about not taking A.J back to her house with the children there was great. I thought going to A.J's house was icky. With everybody there. He could have at least got a hotel. I find that A.J wants to be a big important person, but still wants to live with mommy. A.J needs to put on his big boy pants on and move out if he wants to have adult relationships. IMO

Tracey has always lived in Tracey's mommy house, had her husbands, children, grandchildren, daughter in law, etc move in but it's not ok for AJ to live there and have his girlfriend there?

No, it's not "OK" for any of them.

The Queen lives in Windsor Palace , plenty of room yet her kid and grandkids have their own places!

EXCTLY so the only person who, if going by the Queen's standards , the only one living there should be Monica.

Well, looks like her son ad grandsons have their own place.

I guess they like to have privacy and be independent.

#63   2013/08/09 04:21AM
    ransomha

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote JaneDoe: Tracy was and is always down right NASTY to AJ. He has done nothing since his return to earn the way she treats him. He has done EVERYTHING to try and turn his life around. The words Tracy used yesterday justified a slap IMO from someone who cares about AJ like Liz does. I don't condone violence in general, but there comes a time when you reach your braking point. Liz is tired of hearing AJ get put down. She's tired of watching him struggle. I have no problem with the slap and I'm a Tracy fan.

As far as AJ and Liz go.... I thought it was ridiculous that while they were at the Metro Court, they returned to his family home to do the dirty. I guess it was just a plot point to have them there in the morning to hear about Kiki.... but it was ridiculous. As far as AJ living at home with Mommy, most Q's live in the mansion with their families so I think that's just people reaching to find a reason to bash AJ. Why does Tracy still live there since it's Monica's house? Why is Franco living there? That's just what they do.

AJ took Tracy's job with zero business experience. ELQ is Tracy's life. Guess she didn't like that.

Some people have self control and don't hit senior citizens. Kind of a nice rule to live by.

AJ worked at ELQ for a LOT of years, even ran it on his own before so how is that no experience and why does that matter? How many on the show have businesses that they had little to no experience before getting?

Why would AJ ever have ran ELQ "on his own"? Edward turned over the company to a drunk crazy 20 something year old? Not that I remember.

#64   2013/08/09 04:31AM
    ransomha

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ransomha:

Tracy wouldn't let AJ into the company so he had to try to take it. He's ALWAYS wanted to run ELQ and he wanted to work WITH Tracy, but she wouldn't have it and has been belittling him since the moment he showed up. NOT since he tried to take the company.... from the beginning.

You paint Tracy like she's some kindly old lady, lol.... I think she can take a little slap to the face. She's not your typical senior citizen and before you say it.... NO I don't think it's right to slap anyone IRL. I simply understand Liz's motive for doing so.

I don't think it's justified at all.

If that was the case, Sonny would be slapping Carly, AJ, and half the town in their faces for all the crap they talk about him.

Britt should slap the heII out of Sabrina for all her trash talk.
    Felix should get slapped around too.

Civilized people don't slap because people say things they don't like.
    I'm surprised they had Liz behave like that. Use your words.
    The tongue is mightier then the sword.

Because this is the first time Liz has ever slapped someone?

I'm amazed you are ok with Sonny stealing children, getting teens hooked on drugs, making them strippers and killing people but Liz slaps someone and the guards should be called in. You even justified having Shawn beat up Franco on Sonny's order so this 'horror of horrors ' slap Liz did that you are so up in arms about rings false and needed something to say just to say it.

Aside from Sonny, you expect a soap to emulate real life because most of the stuff you 'argue' about is just to argue and you use the words (well letters) yourself 'IRL' Boy what a boring soap it would be if people didn't do the stuff that is not acceptable in " real life"

And if Tracy is a " senior citizen" she should be collecting her social security and pension and sitting in the corner knitting and keeping her mouth shut about business and leaving it to the younger who aren't close to senility. Now bring on the " how dare you say that about senior citizens" speech because you know as we'll as I do I was stretching to make a point.

Sonny's mistakes as far as the strippers and such was over 25 years ago! My goodness, let it go! Sonny hasn't done anything like that in ages. IF he was still in that business, I would have threads about it.

If you think younger people can hit older people, that's your business. I think it's appalling. If Liz slapped Sam or Lulu or Carly that would be different, FOR ME.

As far as seniors, it's her age not her mental capacity. Liz should have left when AJ did. Hitting Tracy is unacceptable to me.

While I don't expect soaps to be like real life, if we don't talk about the s/l's as "IF" what's the point of talking about them at all? I know they get lots of leeway to make it interesting.

And you seem to be the one to argue . You attack most of my posts with so much negativity. These are just my opinions. I'm fine if you don't agree ,

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list