List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Just For Fun

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Just For Fun

Started by Bettie Davis at 2013/07/25 09:53AM
    Latest post: 2013/11/01 08:56AM, Views: 4837, Replies: 97
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:
    #21   2013/07/30 07:03PM
    Re: Just For Fun
    LucyT

I just love this.Thank you

I came here tonight just to read this.

#22   2013/07/30 07:42PM
    Bettie Davis

Quote LucyT: I just love this.Thank you

I'm glad you like it. I also am writing a book for real

#23   2013/07/30 11:10PM
    LucyT

Quote Bettie Davis:

That is great!
    What is it about?
    How far along are you?
    Have you written a book before?
    Are you published?
    Do you write professionaly?
    Sorry only awnser if you want to I won't be offended .I am being to nosey.I have always loved to hear about writers and how they got started
    how they find their inspiration.
    How long they write each day.
    where they write.You get it.

#24   2013/07/31 06:28AM
    Bettie Davis

Quote LucyT:
    Quote Bettie Davis:

That is great!
    What is it about?
    How far along are you?
    Are you published?
    Sorry only awnser if you want to I won't be offended .I am being to nosey.I have always loved to hear about writers and how they got started

Its called Seasons Memories, and its about me and 3 of my Best Friends growing up in a small neighborhood outside of Detroit in the 60's and 70's, I want to bring memories that my generation had and the good and bad times we remember, Most of its funny, but, I am including some rough times, I am almost done. I have been working on it for a year, Its my first book, I might write another one. No, not a professional I try not to write each day its emotional sometimes, the friends I write about, will not have anything to do with me ,and no I am flatterd by your questions Thanks!

#25   2013/07/31 05:13PM
    Bettie Davis

Quote Bettie Davis:
    Quote Bettie Davis:
    Quote Bettie Davis:
    Quote Bettie Davis:
    Quote Bettie Davis:
    Quote Bettie Davis: As busy as GH is that day, and a mild thunderstorm rages on outside and lightning shines through the windows, as Liz stands behind the nurses desk busy going over the daily charts, the light's flicker for just a slight moment and as she looks up, standing in front of her a stranger wearing a dark cape and using a cane to lean on for support, she is taken back by the paleness of the figure and his long fingers and she notices a ring of black onyx surrounded by gold, thinking he might be a patient needing help, she asks can I help you, do you need a doctor? he pauses and looks into her eyes and says I am looking for Dr. Silas Clay. She reply's he is with a patient would you like to wait for him he says yes, I will. Are you a patient she asks, no, let me introduce myself my name is Barnabus and Silas is my son, and as he turns around standing behind him is a women with blond hair and she says I have been following you I knew you would come here!..... to be continued!!!!

You never surprise me, said Barnabus why should this moment be different from all the other times. Laughing at his response you know you could never get far from me I will always find you. Now leave he says rather harshly, another laughter escapes the women Never, she exclaims I will ruin your life like I always have what makes you think this would be different, My son he says. your son, he will have nothing to do with you she says I'll see to that, Liz over hearing and seeing the two sends a shiver she never felt before, these two people seem so strange and what do they want with Silas?.....stay tuned

Why do you continue with this Barnabus asks, you loved me once said the women and then came Josette and ruined it for us, and I have cursed you since that day, and I am the only one to give you your freedom all I ask is for you to come back. I could never love you Angelique. that way anymore, Josette is my true love. With anger in her eyes and a swift turn around she was gone leaving Barnabus alone. at the precise moment Liz who saw and couldn't belive what she had seen manage to drop all the patient files on the floor and Barnabus turns so slowly as if in slow motion gazed his eyes on to Liz and bore all his sight onto her, as she stopped and stared back.

Elizabeth, said Silas, Liz snapped out of what seemed like a dream, Elizabeth are you okay asked Silas. looking like she had seen a ghost she stammered I think so, what's wrong do you need to sit down? Ahh, No I am okay, that man over there wants to see you he says he's your father, as Silas turns to look there is no one there, Elizabeth there is no one there and as she looks past Silas the hallway was empty, but, he was here she exclaimed and he said he came to see his son and that is you, I know he was here I know it, he was arguing with a women he said his name was Barnabus, Elizabeth I think you better go and take a break there is no one here, Let me help you, I will take you to the lounge and you need to rest, but, I know what I saw.

With Elizabeth calming herself down and thinking she's going crazy, with out even giving it any thought, Silas continues to go back to the nurses station looking at up coming patients, a very unusal quiet comes around and as if he couldn't here anything he leaves to go to his office, still feeling the effects of the annoying silence he turns a corner and there in front of Silas stood Barnabus, as he Silas stares he says, I knew one day you would come and a small smile appears on Barnabus's face, its been a long time said Barnabus.

Then you must know about Clay said Silas, Yes, I have herd about your brother, but, rest assured he's where he should be. I have come for you said Barnabus. Why, you know I will never leave and go with you, said Silas if its about putting me through school, no, said Barnabus that was my gift to you, its much more then that, much more, as he smiles........

Please, lets go into my office we will be private in there, said Silas, so what is it you want, Barnabus looks around at the degrees on the wall you have done well I am very proud of you, but, you must remember your birth right you are a Collins. I am Silas Clay you know that why bring my birth up now. and what about my brother, why now. Your brother tended to be a bit messy you must now take charge of your heritage and help me with the mess said Barnabus take your rightful place with me now before your brother causes more harm.

#26   2013/07/31 08:07PM
    LucyT

Quote Bettie Davis:
    Quote LucyT:
    Quote Bettie Davis:

That is great!
    What is it about?
    How far along are you?
    Are you published?

Its called Seasons Memories, and its about me and 3 of my Best Friends growing up in a small neighborhood outside of Detroit in the 60's and 70's, I want to bring memories that my generation had and the good and bad times we remember, Most of its funny, but, I am including some rough times, I am almost done. I have been working on it for a year, Its my first book, I might write another one. No, not a professional I try not to write each day its emotional sometimes, the friends I write about, will not have anything to do with me ,and no I am flatterd by your questions Thanks!

I am sorry to hear that your friends won't talk to you is it because of the book?

Writing what you know can be painful. I tried to write a story about a time period from my childhood once but I couldn't relive that honestly and see it in written form.Nor did I want to relive it.It did make me understand that I was a child and not to blame for the way my life was then so good did come from the attempt.

Have you tried to get published?I don't know what it is like to try.I know there are more options now than just printed books.I guess it depends on your goals.I am excited for you and hoping everything you would like to see come from this falls into place.

A story about that time period and place from someone who lived it will be interesting to read especially now with the time that has past and the way everything is now.

Please keep the story coming.

I have another nosey question are you a journalist?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/31 08:10PM
    #27   2013/08/01 04:41AM
    annabannana

Bettie, sometimes aspiring writers get inspired by reading published authors. Have you ever read James Lee Burke?

#28   2013/08/01 06:33AM
    Bettie Davis

Quote annabannana: Bettie, sometimes aspiring writers get inspired by reading published authors. Have you ever read James Lee Burke?

I think my inspiration came from the friends I had and one very special friend who died at 33 I want to bring the times that we grew up and how its so different today, if I can bring a smile and remembering your own childhood then I have accomplished what I want to do

#29   2013/08/01 06:41AM
    Bettie Davis

Quote LucyT:
    Quote Bettie Davis:
    Quote LucyT:
    Quote Bettie Davis:

That is great!
    What is it about?
    How far along are you?
    Are you published?

I am sorry to hear that your friends won't talk to you is it because of the book?

Writing what you know can be painful. I tried to write a story about a time period from my childhood once but I couldn't relive that honestly and see it in written form.Nor did I want to relive it.It did make me understand that I was a child and not to blame for the way my life was then so good did come from the attempt.

Have you tried to get published?I don't know what it is like to try.I know there are more options now than just printed books.I guess it depends on your goals.I am excited for you and hoping everything you would like to see come from this falls into place.

A story about that time period and place from someone who lived it will be interesting to read especially now with the time that has past and the way everything is now.

No, the book is not the reason, I have no idea what happened, they changed I guess, no I am not a journalist but who knows maybe I will get discoverd I too had a bad experience at 13 and it will be in the book, right now I am doing some research on a friends death I can't seem to get any answers and its frustrating, It is a lot of hard work but hopefully I will be able to finish it soon

#30   2013/08/01 08:26PM
    LucyT

Quote Bettie Davis:
    Quote LucyT:
    Quote Bettie Davis:
    Quote LucyT:
    Quote Bettie Davis:

That is great!
    What is it about?
    How far along are you?
    Are you published?

No, the book is not the reason, I have no idea what happened, they changed I guess, no I am not a journalist but who knows maybe I will get discoverd I too had a bad experience at 13 and it will be in the book, right now I am doing some research on a friends death I can't seem to get any answers and its frustrating, It is a lot of hard work but hopefully I will be able to finish it soon

It sounds like you are putting alot of hard work into your book.I am excited to read the results.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list