List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: WTH? ABC preemption for British baby????

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

WTH? ABC preemption for British baby????

Started by tinasfatheronlostin at 2013/07/23 11:05AM
    Latest post: 2013/07/24 08:13PM, Views: 1107, Replies: 14
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/07/23 07:35PM
    Re: WTH? ABC preemption for British baby????
    tel4plm

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I'm very happy that William and Kate had a healthy baby. That's about as much info as I care about.

Bizlet - I saw a cartoon that said "We fought the Revolutionary War so we wouldn't have to give a $&!+ about English monarchs." Your post reminded me of that.

#12   2013/07/23 08:03PM
    maggsmay

Quote Bizlet: I am glad I am not the only one. I heard news commentator over the weekend say we fought two wars in this country not to care about the British Monarchy and all its airs.

wow!! you guys are unbelieveable! a few mins of your precious soap is taken to relate some wonderful life affirming news and all you can do is gripe about it.

yeah you fought in two wars, so did they and they fought for a very long time by themselves , holding off the Germans before anyone came to help

i think it was wonderful to hear and it was nice to not have the show interupted for once by the latest crazy person, getting hold of a gun and killing people .

#13   2013/07/24 04:56AM
    tinasfathero...

Quote maggsmay:
    Quote Bizlet: I am glad I am not the only one. I heard news commentator over the weekend say we fought two wars in this country not to care about the British Monarchy and all its airs.

wow!! you guys are unbelieveable! a few mins of your precious soap is taken to relate some wonderful life affirming news and all you can do is gripe about it.

yeah you fought in two wars, so did they and they fought for a very long time by themselves , holding off the Germans before anyone came to help

i think it was wonderful to hear and it was nice to not have the show interupted for once by the latest crazy person, getting hold of a gun and killing people .

Apples and oranges.
    The Boston bomber tragedy was important news that affected America. For all we knew at the time these terrorists were not lone wolves but could have been part of a larger strike in other cities as well. It reminded us of 9/11 which started in NYC, then Washington, DC and also Pennsylvania.

A British baby? We knew it was already born, knew it was not gonna have a name for a while and seriously?!?....now they're leaving the hospital. Well, duh, leaving a hospital is newsworthy?

A simple little scroll directing interested parties to acable station would have sufficed.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/24 04:58AM
    #14   2013/07/24 09:30AM
    mt thoughts

thank you guys. i thought i was the only one who felt this way. a coworker told me i was rude. there are many kids born everyday and it doesn't make the news.

#15   2013/07/24 08:13PM
    ReignOfTerror

Quote maggsmay:

It was annoying...a crawler would have delivered the news the exact same way..although many times when you see crawlers...there are misspellings and so forth but it would have been just as good. Or..it could have waited until the local news. I don't like it when my soap is interrupted unless it was a sonny scene.

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list