List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Did that just happen?? Franco/Jason

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Did that just happen?? Franco/Jason

Started by tessicapls at 2013/07/22 01:00PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/24 12:40PM, Views: 2861, Replies: 32
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/07/23 07:50PM
    Re: Did that just happen?? Franco/Jason
    maggsmay

Quote Layngel: I love RH and he is great at anything he does, but I don't like him being cast as Jason or Franco because I think they could have given him his own new character.

ME however I do like as Silas, and that was a new one. Jason is just such a huge character, and Franco was evil.

My guess is maybe down the road he turns out to be neither Franco or Jason, but some guy that was programmed by a Cassadine or something.

ME as Silas is the same as ME as john mcbain, same actions, same delivery, same range of emotion. the only thing that made him different was his "ponytail" and now that's gone too!

#22   2013/07/23 07:57PM
    calliope

I love Roger! I could watch him play anyone. He always seems to capture the character. As Franco he was "over the top" but wasn't that the idea? I am new to GH so don't know all the Franco/Jason complexities but whatever they are I am loving Roger!

#23   2013/07/23 11:16PM
    GHfan78

Quote maggsmay:
    Quote Mrs. Lansing: I had never seen RH play Todd on OLTL. I did see him play Paul Ryan on ATWT. So when he came on GH as Todd I felt like I was watching Paul do Todd. Then when RH started to play Franco I felt like I was seeing Todd do Franco. It all seems the same to me, there does not seem to be anything different about any of his performances from character to character. Yesterday's episode for me was so over the top. It was like RH was up on the bridge with a deli slicer cutting off big chunks of HAM! So overplayed and really cringe worthy in my opinion.

mrs lansing mrs lansing, my husband is a professional actor, mainly musical theatre and am proud to say he has acted on broadway! whoot!!! he'll occasionally be in the room when i am watching gh and his eyes roll way up into his head at some of the acting that is done on this show. however, when he watches rh act, he is impressed with him and has commented on more than one occasion on how good an actor he is. watch him, he is able to convey emotion without the constant bopping and other head motions that some actors need to do to get emotion across. a really good actor is a "still actor"

Sorry you can't see the difference in his performances, but as you said " in your opinion" and it really is just your opinion!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your husband's feelings about RH's acting. It's good to know that a professional has such high praise for Roger. Back when he first came on OLTL, I was so blown away by him that I thought he would soon become a huge movie star. I've never been able to understand why that didn't happen. Bad agent?? Stupid casting directors?? Or was Roger content with doing soaps and occassional other prime time parts. But I guess I'm glad that didn't happen so that I can watch him everyday instead of in one or two movies a year!!

#24   2013/07/24 06:34AM
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote maggsmay:
    Quote Mrs. Lansing: I had never seen RH play Todd on OLTL. I did see him play Paul Ryan on ATWT. So when he came on GH as Todd I felt like I was watching Paul do Todd. Then when RH started to play Franco I felt like I was seeing Todd do Franco. It all seems the same to me, there does not seem to be anything different about any of his performances from character to character. Yesterday's episode for me was so over the top. It was like RH was up on the bridge with a deli slicer cutting off big chunks of HAM! So overplayed and really cringe worthy in my opinion.

mrs lansing mrs lansing, my husband is a professional actor, mainly musical theatre and am proud to say he has acted on broadway! whoot!!! he'll occasionally be in the room when i am watching gh and his eyes roll way up into his head at some of the acting that is done on this show. however, when he watches rh act, he is impressed with him and has commented on more than one occasion on how good an actor he is. watch him, he is able to convey emotion without the constant bopping and other head motions that some actors need to do to get emotion across. a really good actor is a "still actor"

Sorry you can't see the difference in his performances, but as you said " in your opinion" and it really is just your opinion!!!!!!

Yes it was just my opinion, as with your husbands. Although when I give my opinion on a soap all I can hope for are responses on a message board, however I imagine when your husband does it can lead to bigger tips. Bon appetite!

#25   2013/07/24 06:40AM
    ransomha

I like RH just don't need to see him E V E R Y D A Y ....... break it up!!!

#26   2013/07/24 06:50AM
    tinasfathero...

Quote ransomha: I like RH just don't need to see him E V E R Y D A Y ....... break it up!!!

Be careful what you wish for. These writers might backburner RH and go full-tilt Purina on our azz.
    If that were to happen, it would be 'Goodbye Cruel World' time.
    Lol.

#27   2013/07/24 07:03AM
    ransomha

Quote tinasfatheronlostin:
    Quote ransomha: I like RH just don't need to see him E V E R Y D A Y ....... break it up!!!

Be careful what you wish for. These writers might backburner RH and go full-tilt Purina on our azz.
    Lol.

I miss Britt and Nic and am really sick of seeing Franco so much. Makes me not enjoy him as much. Like too much of a good thing.

#28   2013/07/24 07:09AM
    Bettie Davis

Quote ransomha:

Lol.

I miss Britt and Nic and am really sick of seeing Franco so much. Makes me not enjoy him as much. Like too much of a good thing.

I would like to see Nic more and hope that he and Britt form a special friendship, that's Nic he loves to help people.

#29   2013/07/24 07:20AM
    tinasfathero...

Quote ransomha:

Lol.

Agreed. I just couldn't resist taking a poke at how these writers shoved Purina down our throats for a full year in the same way Franco is being offered.

Britt & Nic scenes? Yes, please!
    I'm getting a bit tired of Nic only being seen as a handholder these days for Alexis. Come on, writers ....Nic needs to be with his woman. And that woman is the delightful Dr. Westborne!

#30   2013/07/24 07:38AM
    Niki6682

I am a HUGE RH fan. I prefer his Franco over James Franco any day. But, I have to say I did not care for his portrayal of Jason. He came off a little whiny and Jason NEVER whined. I can't wait for them to really dive into the Carly/Franco relationship. They have such great chemistry!!

Side note, I would really like to see more of Britt and Nic. Love them together too:)

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list

[2]: Unknown: Failed to write session data (memcache). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (tcp://mem-1.vm-sw.prd.wp.sheknows.us:11211, tcp://mem-2.vm-sw.prd.wp.sheknows.us:11211)