List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Started by LiasonSteckyFan at 2013/06/11 11:10PM
    Latest post: 2014/10/21 11:17AM, Views: 114324, Replies: 1983
    « 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 » »| page:
    #781   2013/12/16 10:49AM
    Re: The rant & rave thread. All welcome.
    JaneDoe

Quote ghfanfare: I had completely forgotten that Sonny is an uncle to Spencer. I don't remember ever seeing him acknowledge the young lad before, but maybe he has. Sorry, but those scenes kinda made me cringe. It was all just a bit too contrived.

He has not acknowledged him before.... at least not in a LONG time. I chalk that up to the former regime not paying much attention to detail. As much as I LOATHE Sonny, the connection should have been acknowledged all along. It's one of the things I like about the new regime..... they are following up on all connections and they're doing their homework.

I will say though that since it hasn't been brought up before, it shouldn't have been such a warm, fuzzy moment. It did seem very forced considering most people forgot they were even related and we've NEVER seen them spend time together.

#782   2013/12/16 01:09PM
    lovelyliz

Quote duke417: Rave: lots of vet sightings last week. Leslie, Kevin, Lucy, Mac & Felicia, Robert.

Rant: Robin coming off too insecure in her marriage to Patrick. She really should have stopped short in her meeting with Sabrina at the point where she thanked her for being there for Emma. The whole 'Stay away from Patrick' demand seemed very unlike Robin imo.

Look who's writing the show. Apparently he does not know Robyn is a strong woman unlike Sabrina. It's just another reason for Robyn to have scenes with her and to have Sabrina shove down my throat.

#783   2013/12/16 01:15PM
    lovelyliz

Rant: RC is not doing his homework that well because if he did he would have Robyn & Liz in scenes more. I don't think he does his homework much in my opinion. When did Robyn and Sam become friends or Patrick for that matter. All this is contrive to me just like Brik.

#784   2013/12/16 09:24PM
    genhospchat

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ghfanfare: I had completely forgotten that Sonny is an uncle to Spencer. I don't remember ever seeing him acknowledge the young lad before, but maybe he has. Sorry, but those scenes kinda made me cringe. It was all just a bit too contrived.

He has not acknowledged him before.... at least not in a LONG time. I chalk that up to the former regime not paying much attention to detail. As much as I LOATHE Sonny, the connection should have been acknowledged all along. It's one of the things I like about the new regime..... they are following up on all connections and they're doing their homework.

I will say though that since it hasn't been brought up before, it shouldn't have been such a warm, fuzzy moment. It did seem very forced considering most people forgot they were even related and we've NEVER seen them spend time together.

More Sonny propping. He has nothing else really going on, besides Julian, so they have to make contrived stories for him. Come on, that conversation with Dante and Sonny would have been Dante and Olivia. IMO they needed to show Sonny likeable in some way so the Dante convo and then Spencer. Aside from one kid who still likes him and Olivia, no one else is on Sonny's cheer leading list right now.

Rant: WHYYYYYYYYYY is Duke mixing himself up with Sonny? Duke has always been his own man, has never needed someone else to do his work. More Sonny propping?

#785   2013/12/21 01:14AM
    ilsalund

Rave: Kathleen Gati is great as Dr. O especially is sarcastic line readings.

#786   2013/12/21 09:01AM
    ghfanfare

The Duke and Emma scenes felt natural. Well done. In stark contrast to Spencer and Sonny. So one hit and one miss.

One thing I really liked about OLTL was the warm family moments. That was glaringly missing from GH when Cartini took over but they've changed that. GH has heart now...and it has made a big difference.

#787   2013/12/21 12:24PM
    ilsalund

Quote ilsalund: Rave: Kathleen Gati is great as Dr. O especially is sarcastic line readings.

Oops! Meant to say "with her sarcastic line readings".

#788   2013/12/22 01:20PM
    Layngel

Rave: Agree completely about Dr. O and I hope she stays on the show.

Rant: All the couples right now. I don't care who Patrick picks, I do not like AJ and Liz together, I don't like Brik at all, and despise Carly and Franco. She deserves better. That is no reflection on RH, I love him and I think they have chemistry it is just the characters I mean Franco , I just wish they had wrote him a new character. Oh, and I despise Michael and Kiki.

#789   2013/12/22 08:25PM
    lovelyliz

Quote Layngel: Rave: Agree completely about Dr. O and I hope she stays on the show.

Rant: All the couples right now. I don't care who Patrick picks, I do not like AJ and Liz together, I don't like Brik at all, and despise Carly and Franco. She deserves better. That is no reflection on RH, I love him and I think they have chemistry it is just the characters I mean Franco , I just wish they had wrote him a new character. Oh, and I despise Michael and Kiki.

ITA!!! RC does not do romance really well. He is doing the same thing he did on OLTL. Please bring some new writers on I like to see some romance. RC will never win an Emmy for his writing & if he does it would surprise day lights out of me.

#790   2013/12/30 08:22AM
    JaneDoe

Sure had to dig through a lot of muck to find a thread worth posting in. It looks like someone threw up a Sabrina/Patrick/Robin sandwich all over the board.

RAVES: While I don't give a darn who Patty ends up with, the drama surrounding this story sure is juicy. Just when you think Patty and Robin are about to have their happily ever after.... Patty tells Robin he wants a baby and Sabrina is yacking. I think it's fair to say we all know where this is going. Of course Patty and Robin's reunion can't be that easy.... it's a SOAP.

Morgan/Max shooting. Holy Guacamole! I didn't see that coming. I can't wait to see how this plays out. Of course Sonny won't be locked up long since Max is awake and I'm sure he'll concoct some story to take the blame away from his boss. I am so glad they didn't let Max die. It will be interesting to see how Morgan's guilt will play into his alliance with Julian. Speaking of Julian.... NICE to see him in action. Love this ruthless mobster!

Lulu acting normal again. NuLulu is still not a fave of mine, but at least she's tolerable again. I'm happy to see the baby story with Brit progressing. Of COURSE Ben is Lulu and Dante's! Glad the secret is finally out of the bag so to speak for the viewers... FINALLY, now I hope it doesn't take as long for it to come out to Dante, Lulu, and Nik. I really do like Brit with Nik and I hope this doesn't destroy them. Not sure how it won't, but I hope tptb can make it happen somehow.

I'm really anxious to see how Maxie's goodbye to Lulu will go. I'm hopeful that they will get some closure and maybe the wounds can start to heal in Maxie's absence. Regardless of who is playing Lulu, I still want Maxie and Lulu to be friends.

RANTS: Duke! Working with Sonny! YUCK!

Here's hoping for a great new year of GH.

Edited to add.... PLEASE let Taylor stay gone with her family. It made me SMILE when Felix showed up without her.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/30 08:25AM
    « 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list