List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Started by LiasonSteckyFan at 2013/06/11 11:10PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/21 07:25PM, Views: 80953, Replies: 1412
    « 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 » »| page:
    #751   2013/11/26 03:19AM
    Re: The rant & rave thread. All welcome.
    cardgirl

Ok, so a few weeks ago I ranted and ranted annnnd ranted about how totally disappointing sweeps was. I said some really mean things...ok not mean but biting. I was sick and cranky...Anyway now we are quickly approaching the end of November sweeps. And perhaps I was a bit hasty with my rants. I would like to weigh in again now.

I did mean some of the things I said. Such as: Frodd is annoying as Frodd. And I could not buy he and Carly as a couple. And Heather is his mother!!!!!!! Still in OMG mode over that one. However, I would like to say Frodd is growing on me...he seems to be finally becoming less Todd from OLTL and Franco 2.0. And he IS totally funny. When he called the mental hospital where Heather is supposed to be to see if all the "loony's are in the bin," I about died laughing...just a note laughing while having pneumonia is not a good thing. Anyway, I kind of like him now. I think he dose want to change. I think he really cares for Carly.

And when Carly talked to Felix about how she kind of forgave him for what he did, made me see how Carly continually grows. Of all the character's I have watched over the years, Carly has shown the most growth. So perhaps they could work. Maybe Carly is finally mature enough to have a relationship that she does not single handedly destroy. Ok that may be expecting to much of Carly...but in spite of his humor, Franco seems to be mature. We shall see.

Still hate that they made Heather his mom and they made my most favorite character from back in the day, a raving lunatic obsessed with BLT's. Heather was smart and could pull off a scheme like nobody's business. She made an art form out of manipulating people....She could make Lisa Niles look like Mary Poppins. I guess I am annoyed that they only use her for comic relief and not for her ability to pull of the most awful things. And I am not just talking about slipping some LSD in to somebody's tea. Scott as Franco's father is gonna be a hoot...even though it's unbelievable.

I still want Morgan to shut up, I really wanted Michael and Kiki to drown.

And well Julian besting Sonny at EVERY turn. LOVE IT. Olivia and him still gross. At first I was all for it because I thought Olivia would not take any of Sonny's womanizing crap. Wrong. Now I just can't watch...and will FF.

I wanted Lulu to shut up about Maxie being a bad mother. I was mad at her for not seeing that Maxie meant well. I love Maxie always have always will. I get her. I was reminded that when ever Maxie does something because she means well, it goes really bad for everybody else. Well this time it didn't go so well for her. Spinelli getting the baby was the best thing. Maxie should have consequences for what she did, she does not deserve a "pass" because she meant well. And for all Lulu's hateful rantings and lies, it broke my heart when she had to hand over that baby. And now two women are heart broken, and they can't even go to their best friend because they are each other's best friend. So much loss. It was sad and was worth the wait to see it play out. Ellie, well I still can't stand her. She gets on my nerves.

And Finally, I ranted about how dumb it was that nobody knew how to use a gun and how stupid it was for Anna and Robert to allow Jerry to trap them. And dumb Duke for getting trapped by Faison and Obrect. And I was annoyed that Robin's being alive was going sooo slow. But today I got my payoff. I take back what I said about RC and FV not knowing it was sweeps because today they delivered the goods.

Luke Anna and Robert on another mission together again. For someone who has been watching since before there was a Luke and Laura or a Anna and Robert, it was so fun to watch them go after the bad guys and out smart them once again. Brilliant comes to mind. Tony Geary has not been that good in a long long long time.

Then the reunion with Robin and Robert and Anna and Robin came...I cried and cried. I didn't think I would. But it's hard for me not to see that little girl who was mysteriously standing in Robert Scorpio's living room so long ago. I can't not see that sweet sweet little girl who adored her parents and lost them time and time again because of Faison or some other thing and not cry when she was finally once again reunited with her parents. I loved every moment of it.

And soon I hope, Robin will be back with her family. And Sabrina will be heartbroken. It was hard to watch her be so excited to be getting ready for her wedding knowing what is ahead of her. She's a nice girl, she does not deserve this. But who knows what will happen. I like not really knowing or being able to figure it out.

It was also really nice to have a sweeps that did not include Sonny and Co in my face every single day of sweeps. It was nice that there was not, so far some big mob explosion where people get hurt for no good reason. It was nice to see Sonny for once not get his way. I did enjoy the destruction of the barware though. It would not be a Sonny tantrum unless he broke some glass.

Not in a very very long time, have I felt so satisfied with a sweeps period and I have not been left on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next in so long. Not since Maxie got BJ's heart, have I been so excited by a story and sweeps. And back then I don't even think we called it sweeps or knew that's what it was. At least I didn't. RC and FV have done a good job and for once I feel hopeful for a show I have tuned into almost everyday since I was seven years old sitting on my grandma's lap, which by the way was more than forty five years ago. I think that is why I never give up on GH because in some way it keeps me connected to my grandmother. She loved GH.

#752   2013/11/26 07:27AM
    JaneDoe

Quote cardgirl: Ok, so a few weeks ago I ranted and ranted annnnd ranted about how totally disappointing sweeps was. I said some really mean things...ok not mean but biting. I was sick and cranky...Anyway now we are quickly approaching the end of November sweeps. And perhaps I was a bit hasty with my rants. I would like to weigh in again now.

I did mean some of the things I said. Such as: Frodd is annoying as Frodd. And I could not buy he and Carly as a couple. And Heather is his mother!!!!!!! Still in OMG mode over that one. However, I would like to say Frodd is growing on me...he seems to be finally becoming less Todd from OLTL and Franco 2.0. And he IS totally funny. When he called the mental hospital where Heather is supposed to be to see if all the "loony's are in the bin," I about died laughing...just a note laughing while having pneumonia is not a good thing. Anyway, I kind of like him now. I think he dose want to change. I think he really cares for Carly.

And when Carly talked to Felix about how she kind of forgave him for what he did, made me see how Carly continually grows. Of all the character's I have watched over the years, Carly has shown the most growth. So perhaps they could work. Maybe Carly is finally mature enough to have a relationship that she does not single handedly destroy. Ok that may be expecting to much of Carly...but in spite of his humor, Franco seems to be mature. We shall see.

Still hate that they made Heather his mom and they made my most favorite character from back in the day, a raving lunatic obsessed with BLT's. Heather was smart and could pull off a scheme like nobody's business. She made an art form out of manipulating people....She could make Lisa Niles look like Mary Poppins. I guess I am annoyed that they only use her for comic relief and not for her ability to pull of the most awful things. And I am not just talking about slipping some LSD in to somebody's tea. Scott as Franco's father is gonna be a hoot...even though it's unbelievable.

And well Julian besting Sonny at EVERY turn. LOVE IT. Olivia and him still gross. At first I was all for it because I thought Olivia would not take any of Sonny's womanizing crap. Wrong. Now I just can't watch...and will FF.

I wanted Lulu to shut up about Maxie being a bad mother. I was mad at her for not seeing that Maxie meant well. I love Maxie always have always will. I get her. I was reminded that when ever Maxie does something because she means well, it goes really bad for everybody else. Well this time it didn't go so well for her. Spinelli getting the baby was the best thing. Maxie should have consequences for what she did, she does not deserve a "pass" because she meant well. And for all Lulu's hateful rantings and lies, it broke my heart when she had to hand over that baby. And now two women are heart broken, and they can't even go to their best friend because they are each other's best friend. So much loss. It was sad and was worth the wait to see it play out. Ellie, well I still can't stand her. She gets on my nerves.

And Finally, I ranted about how dumb it was that nobody knew how to use a gun and how stupid it was for Anna and Robert to allow Jerry to trap them. And dumb Duke for getting trapped by Faison and Obrect. And I was annoyed that Robin's being alive was going sooo slow. But today I got my payoff. I take back what I said about RC and FV not knowing it was sweeps because today they delivered the goods.

Luke Anna and Robert on another mission together again. For someone who has been watching since before there was a Luke and Laura or a Anna and Robert, it was so fun to watch them go after the bad guys and out smart them once again. Brilliant comes to mind. Tony Geary has not been that good in a long long long time.

Then the reunion with Robin and Robert and Anna and Robin came...I cried and cried. I didn't think I would. But it's hard for me not to see that little girl who was mysteriously standing in Robert Scorpio's living room so long ago. I can't not see that sweet sweet little girl who adored her parents and lost them time and time again because of Faison or some other thing and not cry when she was finally once again reunited with her parents. I loved every moment of it.

And soon I hope, Robin will be back with her family. And Sabrina will be heartbroken. It was hard to watch her be so excited to be getting ready for her wedding knowing what is ahead of her. She's a nice girl, she does not deserve this. But who knows what will happen. I like not really knowing or being able to figure it out.

It was also really nice to have a sweeps that did not include Sonny and Co in my face every single day of sweeps. It was nice that there was not, so far some big mob explosion where people get hurt for no good reason. It was nice to see Sonny for once not get his way. I did enjoy the destruction of the barware though. It would not be a Sonny tantrum unless he broke some glass.

Not in a very very long time, have I felt so satisfied with a sweeps period and I have not been left on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next in so long. Not since Maxie got BJ's heart, have I been so excited by a story and sweeps. And back then I don't even think we called it sweeps or knew that's what it was. At least I didn't. RC and FV have done a good job and for once I feel hopeful for a show I have tuned into almost everyday since I was seven years old sitting on my grandma's lap, which by the way was more than forty five years ago. I think that is why I never give up on GH because in some way it keeps me connected to my grandmother. She loved GH.

**** applause *****

Great post cardgirl and I agree 100%! I'm so glad you are coming around to Frodd.... love his witty humor.

I also LOVED the reunion of Robin and Robert/Anna and them FINALLY getting the bad guys! It was so nice to see them working their magic and there was NO Jason or Sonny coming to save the day when they have no place saving it.

Like you, as much as I've wanted to hit Lulu with your bus lately.... it was very emotional having to watch her give up this baby that she has grown to love. Very sad!

I'm also loving that while we started off with the Julian reveal which surrounded Sonny..... the sweeps have been about many other characters and stories that Sonny is not front and center in. No explosions or mass destruction. No traumatic deaths (not yet anyway ).... just good nail biting drama! Bravo GH.

I also really liked Juan's appearance, although it was very short. And his nod to being married to a great girl named Becky, SWEET!

#753   2013/11/26 11:20AM
    ghfanfare

cardgirl, what a great post!

I particularly agreed with this part:

And this part:

And I was really touched when you talked about your grandmother. I've read others on the boards talk about the connection with family members and soaps. That must be cool. No one in my family watches GH, so it's like you guys are all my soap family. Thanks!

#754   2013/11/26 11:22AM
    ghfanfare

My rave is to the new regime at GH who have turned GH around from a losing show to a winner. I am watching every day and enjoying the show for the most part. I couldn't say that just a couple years ago. Hope there's many years of life left for GH and the soap tradition.

#755   2013/11/26 11:49AM
    Bizlet

I am loving the new writers.

#756   2013/11/27 09:32AM
    ghfanfare

Big rave for the reunion of Robin et al. I loved the scene where Robin, Anna, Robert, and Duke were all together. It was very nostalgic. And the funny thing is, I wasn't even watching back in the day when they were all the main players, but I still felt the nostalgia. Now that's pretty good.

#757   2013/11/28 04:36PM
    lovelyliz

Rave: Love the show yesterday. Love Liz, Anna, Robert, Patrick, Robyn, Sabrina and little Em. Sabrina is growing on me I'm liking her.

Rant: Did not like Britt scenes she seem so out of place and please do not make her Anna daughter I think she is shrove down my throat enough and I still do not like her. RC really want someone to like her and I don't. No matter who they put her with I do not care for her at all. She has no history on GH. I don't care for her parents either I hope they die and take Britt with them. UGH!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/28 04:38PM
    #758   2013/12/03 08:24PM
    lovelyliz

Rave: Love the show yesterday and today with Emma and Robyn. Love seeing my girl Liz all dress up. Can't wait to see her web series. Go Becky!!!
    Oh I like to rave about today it was a Brik free day!!! Yay!!!!!

Rant: Britt is still lying to Nick. The conniving witch, Britch ass.

#759   2013/12/03 08:32PM
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote cardgirl: Ok, so a few weeks ago I ranted and ranted annnnd ranted about how totally disappointing sweeps was. I said some really mean things...ok not mean but biting. I was sick and cranky...Anyway now we are quickly approaching the end of November sweeps. And perhaps I was a bit hasty with my rants. I would like to weigh in again now.

Cardgirl I always like reading your posts. You are a true fan! But what I really wanted to say was I hope your feeling better!

#760   2013/12/04 06:38AM
    Nightmoves

Rave! The show has been great! Loved, Loved Loved all of the Robin reunions! Robert and Robin, Anna and Robin omgeee, Duke, Emma (that scene was amazing!) and of course Patrick. The reactions of the guests, great acting all around. I did feel sorry for Sabrina though, and after seeing the coming attractions I don't think the situation is going to be easy for any of them...

Rant! SONNY Really Sonny, leave Duke out of your vandetta against the Jeromes. Duke promised Anna he would back off and now Sonny is going to get him involved, which of course will cause trouble for Duke and Anna. Why can't Sonny EVER handle anything on his own

« 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list