List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Started by LiasonSteckyFan at 2013/06/11 11:10PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/16 05:09PM, Views: 55673, Replies: 1092
    « 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 » »| page:
    #591   2013/10/04 03:17AM
    Re: The rant & rave thread. All welcome.
    Vertigobarbie

Raves: NO Kiki/Michael/Morgan/Ava.

Anna doing her job.
    Mac giving Anna the news that Robert is awake. Finally we should see some action.
    I know she could be sanctimonious and she got on my nerves but I'm enjoying Robin being back. Just so long as this doesn't drag on. LOL

Loved the look on Jerry's face when he opened the door and there was Dr. O with Ben.

Emma, she such a cutie.

Rants: The who gets Connie saga. I don't care to be honest. Out of the 4 adults involved in this the only one who comes across as believable to me is Dante.
    The way Lulu was going on about Connie and the fact that Maxie and Spinelli just gave her to them has me thinking she's going to go off the deep end and wind up in Shadybrooke once again. The Maxie/Spin/Lulu friendship is over and I doubt they will recover from this.

#592   2013/10/04 06:43AM
    PatsMom

Rant: I hope the "who gets Connie?" storyline doesn't drag on as long as the "Will Lulu and Dante find out?" storyline. Boring...

Rave: Anna - the only bright spot in the episode.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/04 06:46AM
    #593   2013/10/04 12:29PM
    Insxx

Quote jl4ever:
    Quote Vertigobarbie: I guess I'll start off with a rant. LOL

Can't stand Sam and the whole whitewashing of her character. She always said she was nothing without Jason and that's what she, is nothing.

=====
    Ditto. Sam was on her way out the door after bombing with Jax and Sonny. If it wasn't for the popularity of Jason/SBu, Sam would have been gone ten years ago!

Sam wasn't going anywhere and besides if Liz aint paving the streets than everyone will stay on GH. Sam and Jaxs didn't hit it off but neither have Liz is all the men they tried to hook her up with, including Jason. Next they my try Sonny!

#594   2013/10/04 12:35PM
    Insxx

I actually like Morgan! I also like Britt,Derek and Silas.I do think some of the vets actors need to step it up, but so far I think Morgan held his own against some of the vets. He didn't melt into the back ground with Sonny, Carly and Michael.Unlike Liz, when they had the big careen with Carly, Franco Michael,AJ,and Sam. Liz looked like the red herring that smelled in the room, with all those vets. Derek is a pro, can see that and Silas, as for Sabrina, Felix,Britt and Brad, they are doing ok.

#595   2013/10/07 03:51AM
    Vertigobarbie

Rave: Robert's back and he remembered seeing Robin. My rant within the rave is why did they have to drag it out.
    I know they were going for dramatic affect but still, just spit it out already. At least they only dragged it out for the episode and not for weeks. LOL

Jerry, just love him being back. I know he's evil but he does such a good job at it.

Robin showed her smarts in using flattery to get to Obrecht. I doubt she will get very far but it was worth a shot.

#596   2013/10/07 09:47AM
    alikat

Rave: Helena's alive, Jerry is back and okay Robin is back too.

Rant: Sticking Maura West in scenes with the kid that plays Morgan is like asking my 15 year old nephew to play bass violin with the New York Philharmonic.

Rave: The show as a whole is doing so well. Still keeping it mixed up and interesting.

Rant: Maurice Benard is bored. Very few scenes show me he's happy with storyline, dialogue, etc... (but I must say when he's doing his bi-polar rants, he's his ole EMMY AWARD winning actor self.)

Rave: Silas & Ava. The two actors need to be paired and let's see where they go. Maura can pull it out of Michael. She's good and he likes challenge so he steps up in scenes with her.

Rant: Scotty & Laura. Why did they even go there? What was the whole point? I don't understand why they got married what, 6 months ago, went offscreen, came back only to have Laura go off with Luke and then have them break up.

Nostalgia is one thing but you need to also consider the viewers who are like me. Invested, long time viewer (10 years)but not a viewer of these really old days. The 80's were 30 years ago. Not EVERYTHING has to be brought back and trotted before us. There would have been better storyline and scenes had they just left Scotty out of it and did the triangle with Luke, Laura & Tracy. Even if they brought Scotty back, why not have him interacting with the PCPD, Lucy and peripherally with Luke & Laura. Even better, have him come in as a lawyer for the hospital because of a lawsuit from the Toxic Balls. Let him interact with Epiphany, Monica, Felix etc...

#597   2013/10/07 09:36PM
    genhospchat

Quote Vertigobarbie: I think today is nothing but raves for me. LOL

Rave: JERRY'S BACK!!!! I like the bad boys and he's been a wonderful bad boy. (I actually liked him with Alexis)
    I don't know how long he's staying but I would love for him to cause problems and be competition for Derek. Free Derek up for someone else. ( I know we have a few takers here on the board.)

Rave: Robin being back as well. Now this story can come to its completion. I wonder who else has been killed off and can still come back.
    To be honest I've always been on the fence about the character of Robin. She can be a real pain but like a lot here on the board I watched her grow up on my screen.

Rave: Brad finally spilled the beans but those he wanted to have believe him didnt' want to. I really hope that Brad's parting words weren't forshadowing.

I can't believe I'm saying this, maybe it's the lack of caffeine, but I kind of want to see where a relationship between Brad and Felix would go. I think we actually get to see a part of the real Brad when it's just him and Felix.

Rave: The look on Dante's face telling us all that he's starting to believe Brad that with the looks of undeniable guilt on Maxie's and Spinelli's faces. It looks like one member of the PCPD finally bought a clue. I guess the time he's spent with Anna is finally rubbing of on him.

Rave-lite: Lulu looking back and putting the pieces together. Guess this friendship as bit the dust bigtime.

Rave: Anna and Patrick. Loved Patrick admitting that he's not ready to move on from Robin. There are people out there who can't and don't move on as quickly as others after losing a spouse. Anna hasn't moved on either but she was encouraging Patrick to. It's a case of life moves on. In my opinion this would have had a bigger impact if we hadn't already known that Robin was alive.

Rave: NO AVA/MORGAN/KIKI/MICHAEL scenes.
    I've enjoyed the break from them. I do like Michael but get him away from the stupid story they have him in.

Okay, I mispoke I do have a small rant:
    Sabrina and Felix. Normally I don't mind Sabrina but this whole Carlos thing is just meh. Carlos can leave and take Morgan and Kiki with him.

I agree it would have had much more impact if we didn't know Robin was alive. It would have made a big difference for Patrick's story this past year as well. It would have been better as well of it happened been spoiled here as well.

#598   2013/10/07 09:47PM
    genhospchat

Quote alikat: Rave: Helena's alive, Jerry is back and okay Robin is back too.

Rant: Sticking Maura West in scenes with the kid that plays Morgan is like asking my 15 year old nephew to play bass violin with the New York Philharmonic.

Rave: The show as a whole is doing so well. Still keeping it mixed up and interesting.

Rant: Maurice Benard is bored. Very few scenes show me he's happy with storyline, dialogue, etc... (but I must say when he's doing his bi-polar rants, he's his ole EMMY AWARD winning actor self.)

Rave: Silas & Ava. The two actors need to be paired and let's see where they go. Maura can pull it out of Michael. She's good and he likes challenge so he steps up in scenes with her.

Rant: Scotty & Laura. Why did they even go there? What was the whole point? I don't understand why they got married what, 6 months ago, went offscreen, came back only to have Laura go off with Luke and then have them break up.

Nostalgia is one thing but you need to also consider the viewers who are like me. Invested, long time viewer (10 years)but not a viewer of these really old days. The 80's were 30 years ago. Not EVERYTHING has to be brought back and trotted before us. There would have been better storyline and scenes had they just left Scotty out of it and did the triangle with Luke, Laura & Tracy. Even if they brought Scotty back, why not have him interacting with the PCPD, Lucy and peripherally with Luke & Laura. Even better, have him come in as a lawyer for the hospital because of a lawsuit from the Toxic Balls. Let him interact with Epiphany, Monica, Felix etc...

Wasn't Helena just a figment of Luke's sickness, she's not really alive?

#599   2013/10/07 11:01PM
    unlimited

Rant/ If Julian is suppose to be such a bad gangster and wants to run the city, he is not on top of his game. He is FOR EVER talking when he should be listening. Of all the people in the story he is always getting caught saying something that he shouldn't and getting over heard. He is not very aware of his surroundings. He doesn't have boss qualities. HE talks TOO much.. Why would you go and knock on Ava's door and start talking about Sonny when you knew someone was with her. On top of that you are suppose to just be a client, you are too friendly and familiar.

#600   2013/10/08 03:42AM
    stonecoldhot

Rant I`m bored with Robin already, and this whole s/l
    Sonny is boring when he is on his meds

Rave Love Luke & Tracy, they just fit together

« 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list