List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Started by LiasonSteckyFan at 2013/06/11 11:10PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/22 10:10AM, Views: 81092, Replies: 1414
    « 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 » »| page:
    #331   2013/08/26 06:40AM
    Re: THE RANT & RAVE THREAD - ALL WELCOME
    alikat

My rave right now is AJ...SK knows how to play a temper tantrum throwing privileged Richie Rich. Then he truly knows how to play drunk. Sometimes actors put WAY too much on it but SK seems to have the right of it.

My rant...the way Morgan is going about things...it just doesn't ring true to me. This is a kid that was raised by Jax but is also Sonny's son. Even if we don't factor in Carly as a mother, I see this kid as either being overly sure of himself or slightly abusive to the woman in his life. With Kiki he's rather a sniveling ankle biter. He makes me think of a Chihuahua where as when I think of the character of Morgan grown up (college age), I see either the debonair guy who knows he's the shyt (Jax) or the guy who looks down at women as objects to slake his desire and show loyalty ONLY to him and God help them if they don't (Sonny)

Finally, a mini rave...squeaker isn't so squeaky anymore and for that I'm eternally grateful since she's been onscreen a lot lately.

#332   2013/08/26 10:02AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote alikat: My rave right now is AJ...SK knows how to play a temper tantrum throwing privileged Richie Rich. Then he truly knows how to play drunk. Sometimes actors put WAY too much on it but SK seems to have the right of it.

My rant...the way Morgan is going about things...it just doesn't ring true to me. This is a kid that was raised by Jax but is also Sonny's son. Even if we don't factor in Carly as a mother, I see this kid as either being overly sure of himself or slightly abusive to the woman in his life. With Kiki he's rather a sniveling ankle biter. He makes me think of a Chihuahua where as when I think of the character of Morgan grown up (college age), I see either the debonair guy who knows he's the shyt (Jax) or the guy who looks down at women as objects to slake his desire and show loyalty ONLY to him and God help them if they don't (Sonny)

Finally, a mini rave...squeaker isn't so squeaky anymore and for that I'm eternally grateful since she's been onscreen a lot lately.

Ali must have changed her avi because now she's the grey lady.

#333   2013/08/26 10:12AM
    alikat

Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat: My rave right now is AJ...SK knows how to play a temper tantrum throwing privileged Richie Rich. Then he truly knows how to play drunk. Sometimes actors put WAY too much on it but SK seems to have the right of it.

Yeah, I've got the cutest picture of Josie sleeping after a hard day at work (she comes to the marina with me). I tried to change to that but the computer locked up after I deleted the old picture so I'll be the Grey Old Lady for a few days I suppose.

#334   2013/08/26 10:18AM
    Bizlet

ITA about Morgan he goes away to school to make him a stronger person, but the opposite has happened. He has let his demons overcome him a subcome to his addiction gambling which was his Grampa Mike's. The lying to get ahead the is from mom. So he is the worst of both parents.

#335   2013/08/26 10:23AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:

Yeah, I've got the cutest picture of Josie sleeping after a hard day at work (she comes to the marina with me). I tried to change to that but the computer locked up after I deleted the old picture so I'll be the Grey Old Lady for a few days I suppose.

I've snapped a few cute photos of Houdini but when I go back and look at them, eye schmutz. The joys of having a pure-bred

I can't wait to see your new Josie photo.

#336   2013/08/26 02:17PM
    frustratedfan

Quote Vertigobarbie: Raves to start with then a rant within a rave.

Rave: SK is doing a great job with AJ's descent.
    I loved his hallucination of Michael wearing black and then it cut to Michael arriving at Elizabeth's and he was wearing a white t-shirt. Good contasting.

Who shot Connie? Fade to black.
    To me it's obvious that it wasn't AJ. I guess we can rule out Derek/Julian as he was at the hospital with Alexis and Sam. I loved how she overheard Derek refer to himself as Julian. Just a little tip, don't refer to yourself by your real name in your office and leave the door open. LOL
    You are in PC and you never know who may be eavesdropping in on your personal conversations.

Rave: Seeing Georgie again. I loved her facing Mac and Felicia and giving them a kiss on the cheek, which they each felt.
    Now for the rant portion. If you aren't going to bring Georgie back full time stop teasing us with these little snippits of her. I miss Georgie and wish they'd never killed her off.

Rant: Really Alexis you tell a stranger about your nameless ONS as a teenager. I know it's the set up for the "big" daddy reveal but really not Alexis' style to do so.

I was just about to post the same thing .....except I'm a few days late so I checked to see if anyone else did. She told EVERY detail....all at once. Lazy writing.

Rave: SK is knocking it out of the park.

#337   2013/08/27 04:25AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote frustratedfan:
    Quote Vertigobarbie: Raves to start with then a rant within a rave.

Rave: SK is doing a great job with AJ's descent.
    I loved his hallucination of Michael wearing black and then it cut to Michael arriving at Elizabeth's and he was wearing a white t-shirt. Good contasting.

Who shot Connie? Fade to black.
    To me it's obvious that it wasn't AJ. I guess we can rule out Derek/Julian as he was at the hospital with Alexis and Sam. I loved how she overheard Derek refer to himself as Julian. Just a little tip, don't refer to yourself by your real name in your office and leave the door open. LOL
    You are in PC and you never know who may be eavesdropping in on your personal conversations.

Rave: Seeing Georgie again. I loved her facing Mac and Felicia and giving them a kiss on the cheek, which they each felt.
    Now for the rant portion. If you aren't going to bring Georgie back full time stop teasing us with these little snippits of her. I miss Georgie and wish they'd never killed her off.

Rant: Really Alexis you tell a stranger about your nameless ONS as a teenager. I know it's the set up for the "big" daddy reveal but really not Alexis' style to do so.

I was just about to post the same thing .....except I'm a few days late so I checked to see if anyone else did. She told EVERY detail....all at once. Lazy writing.

Rave: SK is knocking it out of the park.

Yes he is. I wonder if the fact that he's faced these demons in real life have helped his performance.

#338   2013/08/27 04:27AM
    Vertigobarbie

Rant: I really like Olivia but these stupid visions have got to stop. They're making her look like a candidate for Shadybrooke. The visions and her deciding that she wanted to be with Sonny again.

#339   2013/08/27 05:25AM
    stonecoldhot

Quote Vertigobarbie: Rant: I really like Olivia but these stupid visions have got to stop. They're making her look like a candidate for Shadybrooke. The visions and her deciding that she wanted to be with Sonny again.

She should buy a lottery ticket

#340   2013/08/27 06:00AM
    standswithaw...

New to this board. Having a real hard time figuring out how to post properly. This is what I have to say: It's a rant.

I am amazed and stunned that viewers tolerate the schizopI am amazed and stunned that viewers tolerate the schizophrnic meanderings of writers who create three and four personas for one actor. What? There aren't enough out of work actors in Hollywood? Only former actors from One Life to Live? How come writers don't address the rampant cloning going on in Port C? And viewers just accept this mish mosh? My people have lowered their standards. Seems like a throw back to Bewitched when we got a new "Darrin" and no one said a word. Dumb, dumb, DUMB!!

« 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list