List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Started by LiasonSteckyFan at 2013/06/11 11:10PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/31 09:50AM, Views: 83779, Replies: 1445
    « 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 » »| page:
    #311   2013/08/22 06:28AM
    Re: THE RANT & RAVE THREAD - ALL WELCOME
    JaneDoe

Quote crazydaisy: SO MANY raves from today's show! Almost perfect episode, so I'll start with my (few) rants first:

Morgan, Kiki, Franco, and Ava ruined what WOULD have been perfect. Ugh can't they just all go away?

It hurts my heart to think about how crushed Dante and Lulu are going to be when the truth comes out.

Related to my last rant, I just don't see how Lulu and Maxie's friendship is going to be okay after this, and theirs was my fav friendship on the show, so I kind of really hate this stupid baby secret.

Okay, now onto the RAVES:

I know there's a separate thread about this, but all of the interactions between characters who don't usually interact. Loved the hospital scenes with all of the baby's different "grandparents" - Sonny and Olivia and Luke and Laura of course, but LOVE that Mac and Felicia were also there, and that they were actually interacting with the others and not just in their own bubble. Such sweet happy scenes.

Loved the scenes between Luke and Sonny on the stairs too. It's literally shocking me to type this, because I never love any Luke OR Sonny scenes (okay actually I often enjoy Luke/Lulu or Luke/Tracy scenes)... but there was something about seeing these two old friends together, and the way Sonny was actually compassionate for once (even though it was in his macho mob boss way) that was really sweet.

Loved the Dante and Spinelli scenes too - another shock because I usually don't enjoy Spinelli. Dominic Zamprogna killed it with his portrayal of Dante's combined excitement and fear - and when he talked about how he never had a dad... so good!

This is a bit of a rant combined with a rave. I hate that AJ fell of the wagon - especially since it's basically all a plot point - and I REALLY REALLY hate that he threw Jake in Liz's face, but man did Sean Kanan kill it today. He was so, so good. I really felt his pain and self-loathing. Also loved that Liz slapped him, because he def deserved it!

Love Michael's concern for AJ... but really sad that AJ's proving everything everyone told Michael about him right at this point.

It's easier for me to just agree with this.... with the exception of Ava and Frodd. LOVE them.

#312   2013/08/22 08:45AM
    crazydaisy

Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote crazydaisy:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ghfanfare: ^^^Sonny's posse of mindless twits...LOL!

Rant: Honestly, if this Sonny/Connie/Olivia deal keeps going for long, I will be ff'ing. I could barely get through those scenes yesterday. Olivia rolling her eyes at Connie. What a B! I try not to use the word hate much, but I really HATE that these two beautiful women are throwing themselves away on the aging don. Ugh!

There's something about him that drains women of their senses completely.

I would just like Connie and Olivia to give me ONE reason why Sonny is worth fighting over. And if all they can come up with is dimples, I think that makes our case for us.

The fact that Olivia would want to be with someone who SHOT HER SON POINT BLANK IN THE CHEST makes me want to puke.

Hi CD, it's nice to see you posting again.

I guess that fact has been conveniently forgotten. Or it's been forgiven because he didn't know that Dominic the undercover cop was really his unknown son Dante.

Yes Sonny has the cute dimples but they only go so far.

Hi VB!! Good to see you too

I know soaps are all about suspension of disbelief, but man is it hard to believe that smart, beautiful women would sacrifice their self respect for Sonny Corinthos. He's just not all that.

#313   2013/08/22 08:47AM
    crazydaisy

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote crazydaisy: SO MANY raves from today's show! Almost perfect episode, so I'll start with my (few) rants first:

Morgan, Kiki, Franco, and Ava ruined what WOULD have been perfect. Ugh can't they just all go away?

It hurts my heart to think about how crushed Dante and Lulu are going to be when the truth comes out.

Related to my last rant, I just don't see how Lulu and Maxie's friendship is going to be okay after this, and theirs was my fav friendship on the show, so I kind of really hate this stupid baby secret.

Okay, now onto the RAVES:

I know there's a separate thread about this, but all of the interactions between characters who don't usually interact. Loved the hospital scenes with all of the baby's different "grandparents" - Sonny and Olivia and Luke and Laura of course, but LOVE that Mac and Felicia were also there, and that they were actually interacting with the others and not just in their own bubble. Such sweet happy scenes.

Loved the scenes between Luke and Sonny on the stairs too. It's literally shocking me to type this, because I never love any Luke OR Sonny scenes (okay actually I often enjoy Luke/Lulu or Luke/Tracy scenes)... but there was something about seeing these two old friends together, and the way Sonny was actually compassionate for once (even though it was in his macho mob boss way) that was really sweet.

Loved the Dante and Spinelli scenes too - another shock because I usually don't enjoy Spinelli. Dominic Zamprogna killed it with his portrayal of Dante's combined excitement and fear - and when he talked about how he never had a dad... so good!

This is a bit of a rant combined with a rave. I hate that AJ fell of the wagon - especially since it's basically all a plot point - and I REALLY REALLY hate that he threw Jake in Liz's face, but man did Sean Kanan kill it today. He was so, so good. I really felt his pain and self-loathing. Also loved that Liz slapped him, because he def deserved it!

Love Michael's concern for AJ... but really sad that AJ's proving everything everyone told Michael about him right at this point.

It's easier for me to just agree with this.... with the exception of Ava and Frodd. LOVE them.

Hi JD!

I really wanted to love Frodd because I LOVE RH and I loved Todd Manning... but I just can't with the over the top caricature that is Frodd. And I just find Ava skeevy haha.

#314   2013/08/22 09:21AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote crazydaisy:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote crazydaisy:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ghfanfare: ^^^Sonny's posse of mindless twits...LOL!

Rant: Honestly, if this Sonny/Connie/Olivia deal keeps going for long, I will be ff'ing. I could barely get through those scenes yesterday. Olivia rolling her eyes at Connie. What a B! I try not to use the word hate much, but I really HATE that these two beautiful women are throwing themselves away on the aging don. Ugh!

There's something about him that drains women of their senses completely.

I would just like Connie and Olivia to give me ONE reason why Sonny is worth fighting over. And if all they can come up with is dimples, I think that makes our case for us.

The fact that Olivia would want to be with someone who SHOT HER SON POINT BLANK IN THE CHEST makes me want to puke.

Hi CD, it's nice to see you posting again.

I guess that fact has been conveniently forgotten. Or it's been forgiven because he didn't know that Dominic the undercover cop was really his unknown son Dante.

Yes Sonny has the cute dimples but they only go so far.

Hi VB!! Good to see you too

I know soaps are all about suspension of disbelief, but man is it hard to believe that smart, beautiful women would sacrifice their self respect for Sonny Corinthos. He's just not all that.

There has to be something more than the dimples. Is it the fact that he's wealthy? Could it be the "thrill" of the mob connection? For Olivia and Connie, could it be we're stuck on our first love and just can't get over him? Maybe he just oozes charisma?

I think he oozes something but it's not charisma.

#315   2013/08/22 09:36AM
    CHATTERBOX22

My Rants
    I know everyone is worried ABOUT THE BABY. But what about Maxie, she is scared. Even though it's not Lulu and Dante's baby, Maxie is still human and they act like she not there or has feelings. The completely disreguard Maxie, only ask about the baby, that is not a real friend. I know people are upset with the whole baby storyline but remember only us the viewers know this. Lulu and Dante don't, but not yet have either of them ask the doctor about Maxie and that is wrong.

Raves
    Like the whole Silas and Ava thing, could it be possibly that Silas was the Jerome family Mob Doctor or is he his twin brother that is suppose to be dead. If anyone one could tell the difference it would be Ava.

Love Britt and her mother's conversations, the lady is completely insane, yet a brilliant mad scientist. Now wonder Britt turned out messed up look at Mum and Dad. LOL and lets not forget the fact that Dr.O the evil villain took time out to sing karaoke.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/22 09:39AM
    #316   2013/08/22 10:03AM
    JaneDoe

Quote CHATTERBOX22: My Rants
    I know everyone is worried ABOUT THE BABY. But what about Maxie, she is scared. Even though it's not Lulu and Dante's baby, Maxie is still human and they act like she not there or has feelings. The completely disreguard Maxie, only ask about the baby, that is not a real friend. I know people are upset with the whole baby storyline but remember only us the viewers know this. Lulu and Dante don't, but not yet have either of them ask the doctor about Maxie and that is wrong.

Raves
    Like the whole Silas and Ava thing, could it be possibly that Silas was the Jerome family Mob Doctor or is he his twin brother that is suppose to be dead. If anyone one could tell the difference it would be Ava.

Love Britt and her mother's conversations, the lady is completely insane, yet a brilliant mad scientist. Now wonder Britt turned out messed up look at Mum and Dad. LOL and lets not forget the fact that Dr.O the evil villain took time out to sing karaoke.

I feel for Maxie as well. The entire situation is so sad and while I understand Maxie wanting to give Lulu and Dante a baby.... there's no way she can walk away from her own flesh and blood. While this story is so very soapy and dramatic, I do hate what it's going to do to Lulu and Maxie.

#317   2013/08/22 10:15AM
    Tinkjenks

I agree completely about Maxie and I have felt sorry for her for the entire time, I know she should have come clean about the baby but it seems like she has never had the right opportunity. I really hope that nothing is going to happen to her, I still have hopes that she and Spinelli will work it out, but if something happens to her how will the truth come out, perhaps through Ellie??? seems like just before Spinelli went to the hospital she was having a moment of clarity about the truth.

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote CHATTERBOX22: My Rants

Raves

I feel for Maxie as well. The entire situation is so sad and while I understand Maxie wanting to give Lulu and Dante a baby.... there's no way she can walk away from her own flesh and blood. While this story is so very soapy and dramatic, I do hate what it's going to do to Lulu and Maxie.

#318   2013/08/22 10:42AM
    Tinkjenks

At first when she had lost her memory I was thinking what have they done replacing Lulu(I really liked the other actor) but she is growing on me too, I think she may be better as Lulu than the other girl.

Quote ghfanfare: Rave: I am liking NuLulu. She doesn't seem as annoying. JMO, of course.

Rant: Prince Nik is looking rather handsome...but he is still a pompous a$$. JMO, of course

#319   2013/08/22 06:12PM
    ilsalund

?) Hm, where's Nikolas? I would think at least one of Lulu's brothers would be around during the baby's birth!

#320   2013/08/22 11:29PM
    cardgirl

Raves: Loving the whole baby story, Lante and Spixie were great this whole week. So glad Spinellie knows the truth.

Loved seeing the friendship between Luke and Sonny. Funny how they are grand parents together...or not grandparents together.

Overall this was a good week lots of balance in story telling.

Rant: Why does Luke act like Lulu's child is his first grandchild? Um what about Aiden? He is Lucky's son. Seems Laura is the only one to acknowledge him.

Sorry but I am so sick of Kikstarr. She IS just Starr with another name. Just like Frodd. Talk about one note acting. Can OLTL be OLTL and GH be GH. At least Silas is a bit different from John.

Morgan is such a jerk, AJ is a big weenie. Hope Liz wakes up soon and stops helping him.

And where the hell is Monica in all of this? You would think she would get to have some reaction to all the drama going on under HER roof. Kikstarr and Morgtwat need to be kicked to the curb along with Ava and Tracy.

« 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list