List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Started by LiasonSteckyFan at 2013/06/11 11:10PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/23 10:47AM, Views: 57836, Replies: 1141
    « 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 » »| page:
    #291   2013/08/19 10:46AM
    Re: THE RANT & RAVE THREAD - ALL WELCOME
    ghfanfare

^^^LOL, NM. Jumped on your post before you got a chance to rave about FH. We had the same rave!

#292   2013/08/19 10:58AM
    frustratedfan

Quote Nightmoves: Rave: Anna!!! I love the way Anna is being portrayed as a strong, smart woman (GH doesn't showcase many of these). The past several years everytime they brought her back they had her acting like an idiot.

I'm so happy the real Anna Devane is back.

Edited to add: Finola Hughes is looking more beautiful than ever.

Absolutely love the strong and smart woman that is Anna Devane. GH has rediscovered that women can be more than mob molls. Yay!!!

Speaking of mob molls....how else can you describe a woman who wants a gangster that shot their son during the course of business? Disappointed they're taking the character there.

#293   2013/08/19 11:02AM
    ghfanfare

Quote frustratedfan:
    Quote Nightmoves: Rave: Anna!!! I love the way Anna is being portrayed as a strong, smart woman (GH doesn't showcase many of these). The past several years everytime they brought her back they had her acting like an idiot.

Absolutely love the strong and smart woman that is Anna Devane. GH has rediscovered that women can be more than mob molls. Yay!!!

Speaking of mob molls....how else can you describe a woman who wants a gangster that shot their son during the course of business? Disappointed they're taking the character there.

ff! I am totally disappointed in Olivia. Do not like this romance with Sonny AT ALL.

And how can Sonny keep harping that Olivia wouldn't betray him?! As ali pointed out, she kept his son from him for years.

#294   2013/08/19 11:07AM
    frustratedfan

Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote frustratedfan:

ff! I am totally disappointed in Olivia. Do not like this romance with Sonny AT ALL.

And how can Sonny keep harping that Olivia wouldn't betray him?! As ali pointed out, she kept his son from him for years.

Hey Fanfare!!!! Please refresh my memory, I know Sonny didn't know Dante was his son but did he know Olivia was his mother? No matter, he attempted to kill a police officer to further his criminal enterprise.

#295   2013/08/19 11:13AM
    ghfanfare

Quote frustratedfan: Hey Fanfare!!!! Please refresh my memory, I know Sonny didn't know Dante was his son but did he know Olivia was his mother? No matter, he attempted to kill a police officer to further his criminal enterprise.

As I recall, Sonny knew Dante was Olivia's son, but not his. And of course Olivia waited until Dante was laying on the floor bleeding from Sonny's bullet before she told him.

Looks to me like the LSD has really scrambled Olivia's brain. Why else would she be lusting after Sonny?!

#296   2013/08/19 11:58AM
    JaneDoe

Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote frustratedfan: Hey Fanfare!!!! Please refresh my memory, I know Sonny didn't know Dante was his son but did he know Olivia was his mother? No matter, he attempted to kill a police officer to further his criminal enterprise.

As I recall, Sonny knew Dante was Olivia's son, but not his. And of course Olivia waited until Dante was laying on the floor bleeding from Sonny's bullet before she told him.

Looks to me like the LSD has really scrambled Olivia's brain. Why else would she be lusting after Sonny?!

He did not know Dante was Olivia's son. She was helping him keep his cover as Dominic. Sonny knew Olivia had a son named Dante, but I don't think they ever discussed how old he was. Had he known Dominic (Dante) was her son, I'm sure he could have put two and two together.

#297   2013/08/19 01:25PM
    frustratedfan

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ghfanfare:

He did not know Dante was Olivia's son. She was helping him keep his cover as Dominic. Sonny knew Olivia had a son named Dante, but I don't think they ever discussed how old he was. Had he known Dominic (Dante) was her son, I'm sure he could have put two and two together.

Ah, yes...it's all coming back to me. Thanks.

#298   2013/08/19 03:09PM
    frustratedfan

Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote Gideon58: I don't understand how you can like Sam with John McBain but don't like her with Silas. The characters are played by the same actor and Michael Easton is no Olivier and does not have the ability to create two such separate and distinct characters that it's possible to like one and hate the other.

I think the actors have great chemistry together and I think they would make a good couple then and now...... BUT..... I did like John better than Silas. It has nothing to do with acting ability, rather the difference in the character. I liked John because he was a cop that wasn't afraid to stand up to Sonny and the mob. He wasn't scared of Jason and wouldn't back down from helping Sam because of him. Now that he's a doctor, he's just not as interesting IMO. I think it is possible to like someone based on the character they play and not because of their range of acting ability.

That's a good assessment, JD. The fact that he stood up to the mobbies, esp. St. Jase, is why I really liked John McBain on GH. On OLTL, I had kind of a love/hate thing with McBain. At times he was a strong hero. Other times a sanctimonious hypocrite. ME was good at both.

Hopefully they will build something a little more complex with Dr. Silas. Right now he's just the angry curmudgeon.

Basically, they brought Star, Todd and McBain back with similar personalities. It works for Kiki and Franco but not so much for McBain, IMO.

As a cop, McBain didn't need a sparkling personality because of the opportunity to be a man of action and take control. As a doctor, his persona will not hold my interest unless they add complexity.

#299   2013/08/19 04:24PM
    ghfanfare

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ghfanfare:

Of course. How could I forget that Dante was still undercover as Dom?! I am obviously not the one to ask about history, lol.

I liked Dom/Dante. He was a hottie. Lost a lot of his credibility when he became another Sonny apologist. But he's been a good husband to Lulu. So he gets points for that.

#300   2013/08/19 08:15PM
    lovelyliz

Rave: Liz was on and she looked nice. Just the little scenes she had was so believable unlike some others. Love Niz but gave up on them now I'm a Quiz fan. Love the hug Niz had too.

Rant: Not much too rant about but I'm glad I FF Britt scenes still do not feel sorry for the girl. I feel bad that Nick is stuck with her. I rather see Brooklyn come back. Why does Nick go for these young girls and not someone his own age. GH sends the wrong message I guess if you're not young they pass you over for the young one. Sorry to say but Nick is not young or do GH notice that. My hope is Liz do not share any more scenes with him anymore can GH make that happen I would be so happy.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/19 08:16PM
    « 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list