List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Started by LiasonSteckyFan at 2013/06/11 11:10PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/16 06:38AM, Views: 99163, Replies: 1672
    « 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 » »| page:
    #281   2013/08/19 05:51AM
    Re: THE RANT & RAVE THREAD - ALL WELCOME
    JaneDoe

Quote Vertigobarbie: Rant: I really want to like Maxie and just when I think I can she goes and does the selfish thing again. Mac and Felicia have no problem with postponing their wedding why does she?

Rave: I like Lucy's new haircut.

LOVED Lucy's new haircut! I wonder if she donated her beautiful hair? It was very healthy looking.

Speaking of haircuts..... I REALLY wish RH(Liz) would consider cutting hers also. No offense to this beautiful woman, but I really think she needs an updated do.

#282   2013/08/19 07:01AM
    Gideon58

I don't understand how you can like Sam with John McBain but don't like her with Silas. The characters are played by the same actor and Michael Easton is no Olivier and does not have the ability to create two such separate and distinct characters that it's possible to like one and hate the other.

#283   2013/08/19 07:05AM
    Gideon58

I'm over KiKi and Morgan too...I've never been able to tolerate Kristen Alderson, even when she was on OLTL, but she is even more annoying here and she has no chemistry with NuMorgan, or Michael, or anyone else for that matter.

#284   2013/08/19 07:06AM
    Gideon58

I couldn't agree more with you regarding Luke and Tracy. It's high time Jane Elliot got some more Emmy love, she hasn't won one since 1981.

#285   2013/08/19 08:38AM
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote Gideon58: I'm over KiKi and Morgan too...I've never been able to tolerate Kristen Alderson, even when she was on OLTL, but she is even more annoying here and she has no chemistry with NuMorgan, or Michael, or anyone else for that matter.

ITA! Miss Kiki really needs some life experiences besides being bewildered. She basically has one emotion that she then applies to everything. And as for M.E. I totally agree there too!

#286   2013/08/19 09:23AM
    JaneDoe

Quote Gideon58: I don't understand how you can like Sam with John McBain but don't like her with Silas. The characters are played by the same actor and Michael Easton is no Olivier and does not have the ability to create two such separate and distinct characters that it's possible to like one and hate the other.

I think the actors have great chemistry together and I think they would make a good couple then and now...... BUT..... I did like John better than Silas. It has nothing to do with acting ability, rather the difference in the character. I liked John because he was a cop that wasn't afraid to stand up to Sonny and the mob. He wasn't scared of Jason and wouldn't back down from helping Sam because of him. Now that he's a doctor, he's just not as interesting IMO. I think it is possible to like someone based on the character they play and not because of their range of acting ability.

#287   2013/08/19 10:29AM
    ghfanfare

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote Gideon58: I don't understand how you can like Sam with John McBain but don't like her with Silas. The characters are played by the same actor and Michael Easton is no Olivier and does not have the ability to create two such separate and distinct characters that it's possible to like one and hate the other.

I think the actors have great chemistry together and I think they would make a good couple then and now...... BUT..... I did like John better than Silas. It has nothing to do with acting ability, rather the difference in the character. I liked John because he was a cop that wasn't afraid to stand up to Sonny and the mob. He wasn't scared of Jason and wouldn't back down from helping Sam because of him. Now that he's a doctor, he's just not as interesting IMO. I think it is possible to like someone based on the character they play and not because of their range of acting ability.

That's a good assessment, JD. The fact that he stood up to the mobbies, esp. St. Jase, is why I really liked John McBain on GH. On OLTL, I had kind of a love/hate thing with McBain. At times he was a strong hero. Other times a sanctimonious hypocrite. ME was good at both.

Hopefully they will build something a little more complex with Dr. Silas. Right now he's just the angry curmudgeon.

#288   2013/08/19 10:38AM
    Nightmoves

Rave: Dr. O coming into the Alden mansion singing happily only to be joined in by Luke. LOL

Rant: Olvia want to be with Sonny after he shot her son in the chest. I just CANNOT get over this....

#289   2013/08/19 10:42AM
    Nightmoves

Rave: Anna!!! I love the way Anna is being portrayed as a strong, smart woman (GH doesn't showcase many of these). The past several years everytime they brought her back they had her acting like an idiot.

I'm so happy the real Anna Devane is back.

Edited to add: Finola Hughes is looking more beautiful than ever.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/19 10:43AM
    #290   2013/08/19 10:45AM
    ghfanfare

Quote Nightmoves: Rave: Anna!!! I love the way Anna is being portrayed as a strong, smart woman (GH doesn't showcase many of these). The past several years everytime they brought her back they had her acting like an idiot.

I'm so happy the real Anna Devane is back.

Me, too! Liked the way Anna got all up in Britt's face and didn't fall for the innocent act. FH looks fabulous! Love the new haircut!

« 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list