List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Started by LiasonSteckyFan at 2013/06/11 11:10PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/18 08:50AM, Views: 56071, Replies: 1103
    « 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 » »| page:
    #221   2013/08/06 07:41AM
    Re: THE RANT & RAVE THREAD - ALL WELCOME
    alikat

JaneDoe I just checked the actors ages and Haley is 15 and Bryan is 22 but never would we expect those two to hook up because they are cousins. But they would be the most logical sounding boards for each other.

Morgan giving Michael the "you're my brother and we were best friends" speech didn't ring true to me simply because they were NEVER best friends. It was always Morgan and Molly

#222   2013/08/06 08:06AM
    JaneDoe

Quote alikat: JaneDoe I just checked the actors ages and Haley is 15 and Bryan is 22 but never would we expect those two to hook up because they are cousins. But they would be the most logical sounding boards for each other.

Morgan giving Michael the "you're my brother and we were best friends" speech didn't ring true to me simply because they were NEVER best friends. It was always Morgan and Molly

ITA and I hope they do go there eventually. They just seem in two different age groups right now and I miss their friendship. What I really don't like about NuMorgan's character is that they have made him look like an idiot IMO. He seems so clueless and the old Morgan was not. I'm having a hard time seeing him and brainy Molly having anything in common anymore.

#223   2013/08/06 08:11AM
    Mrs. Lansing

I have a rant within a rave. I loved seeing Holly again, but hate the fact that her and Luke's scene yesterday just involved expository dialogue. Luke rehashing what the audience already knew. I know the scenes were pre-taped before Tony's vacation, but I felt the scene between them would have had more depth and been more interesting if Luke had already told Holly about his "illness".

#224   2013/08/06 08:13AM
    alikat

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat: JaneDoe I just checked the actors ages and Haley is 15 and Bryan is 22 but never would we expect those two to hook up because they are cousins. But they would be the most logical sounding boards for each other.

ITA and I hope they do go there eventually. They just seem in two different age groups right now and I miss their friendship. What I really don't like about NuMorgan's character is that they have made him look like an idiot IMO. He seems so clueless and the old Morgan was not. I'm having a hard time seeing him and brainy Molly having anything in common anymore.

That's why my rant was about how this storyline SHOULD be character driven with Morgan as the character we are re-learning and delving into for this story to play out. Instead he's just a resulting factor of the greater plot point. Well that's not the way to introduce three new actors to the show. Ava and Julian are brand new. Morgan is newly returned and aged into a young adult. It's just not the right way to go about this story...now granted, with Ava they've allowed her to be introduced on several front and we're getting more character driven storyline from her through Franco, Kiki and Silas and the whole reasoning surrounding why she his the truth of Kiki's parentage from what the audience sees as a stand up doctor only to give the parentage to a whacko killer artist but then keep her hidden from him as well. We're peeling back the layers of her character at the perfect pace. Now, with Julian, he's literally 4 days old LOL. However he's already tied into 3 stories as well. Sam's father, owner of the magazine and Ava's brother.

But with Morgan, the one they should have driven several stories through, he's just a plot point because they didn't need to tie him to the canvas.

Bad form!!!!

#225   2013/08/06 08:23AM
    ghfanfare

Big Rave: The return of the real GH! Thank you, Cartini!

Pseudo Rant: The '60s are calling for those fake eyelashes that Holly was wearing.

#226   2013/08/06 09:49AM
    cardgirl

Rave:

So so so happy that they are bringing back so many vets. This Sean Donnelly thing is gonna be good. Love him. I am so glad they are actually using vets in stories and not just for filler.

Loved the scenes with Scott and Lucy. I can only tolerate the other if they are with each other. Kind of like Maxie and Spinelle. Except I really can't tolerate Lucy if she is alone with a non vet, but I will save that for my rant.

Finally Sam found her hutzbah. Loved how she told off Derick. Can't wait til she finds out he is daddy dearest. Hee hee.

More Kevin please. Still makes my heart go pitty patty.

Rant:

Well, even though Silas is growing on me, I find him to be quite the dill weed. Why in gods name did he tell Ava he was doing a DNA test? He must have fallen on his head, either that or he does not know what a conniving shrew she is. Maybe that is not why they broke up. No matter, he should have kept his pie hole shut until he had the results. Now she is gonna tamper with them OF COURSE. (Just my opinion, not a spoiler.)

UM I know Luke is off his game because he is sick but he and Holly really are losing there touch for larceny and theft. You are in a bank stealing information. Perhaps you should have saved the teary good byes and heart to heart until AFTER you were out of the bank and the cop were not on the way.

Speaking of Holly, honey those lashes need to go. You could have taken flight with them...I spose it could have been part of your escape plan.

Lucy please can you take a breath between sentences? You talk to fast and it makes you look flakier than you really are. You are a spass. Really you need a serenity room in your house. One where you listen to tapes that tell you not to talk so much in public.

Can Scott please have a real story and stop whining about his wife going off to find Luke. Yeah she should have stayed put but really man, get a life and stop blaming him for all that is bad in your life. You messed up some of it MOST of it on your own. How you can let ONE thing make you so freaking bitter and rambling is beyond me. I love you but SHUT UP about Luke already. You got Laura back..sort of. That should be telling to you.

Just an aside, whoever picks out the jewelry on this show needs to keep their day job. Really really REALLY ugly lately.

And um Alexis, I am glad you remembered the name of Sam's daddy. But why are you so worried he can't be found. Your daughter is a detective she can find him. Just don't let Spinelli help her, he will not do it right.

#227   2013/08/06 10:17AM
    alikat

You know...with all of the old characters coming back, I must say I have a twinge of a rant within a rave...

Why? Because I've watched GH for around 10 years. So all of these people are essentially new to me. One thing we need is say...Elizabeth explaining say...Bobbi to Subrina and Felix and then Epiphany popping in with a little made up diddy and then telling everyone to get back to work. Or maybe Anna giving a more detailed recollection of the Jerome crime family to say...Dante. Heck for that matter, why doesn't someone fill someone in about Duke and Anna. Apparently they were some GREAT LOVE. Okay but how would I know that. I know Anna as Robin's mother and the ex of ROBERT. I don't know Duke from diddily squat. Two or three filler scenes of some long time character like Monica filling in a newer character like Patrick would work for me...something like "I'm really surprised Robin never told you about Duke" and then telling the Cliff Notes version of the Danna love.

I could go on and on...Leslie and Monica having their little spat a few weeks ago when Leslie was trying to get info off the hospital computers. Well at first I wasn't sure why those two didn't like each other. We've never seen Leslie much throughout the past decade (more before they sorased Lulu) but finally toward the end, they gave a little insight. Why not have Epiphany tell a little story about when she first started at GH as a Candy Striper and even have a funny flash back with day players or even current actors playing the parts of Epiphany, Monica, Leslie and Rick...(uhhhh teen scene Taylor, Molly, Kiki and Rafe) and Epiphany can talk about the hot janitor she was head over heels in love with (TJ)

#228   2013/08/06 10:38AM
    ghfanfare

Quote alikat: You know...with all of the old characters coming back, I must say I have a twinge of a rant within a rave...

Why? Because I've watched GH for around 10 years. So all of these people are essentially new to me. One thing we need is say...Elizabeth explaining say...Bobbi to Subrina and Felix and then Epiphany popping in with a little made up diddy and then telling everyone to get back to work. Or maybe Anna giving a more detailed recollection of the Jerome crime family to say...Dante. Heck for that matter, why doesn't someone fill someone in about Duke and Anna. Apparently they were some GREAT LOVE. Okay but how would I know that. I know Anna as Robin's mother and the ex of ROBERT. I don't know Duke from diddily squat. Two or three filler scenes of some long time character like Monica filling in a newer character like Patrick would work for me...something like "I'm really surprised Robin never told you about Duke" and then telling the Cliff Notes version of the Danna love.

I could go on and on...Leslie and Monica having their little spat a few weeks ago when Leslie was trying to get info off the hospital computers. Well at first I wasn't sure why those two didn't like each other. We've never seen Leslie much throughout the past decade (more before they sorased Lulu) but finally toward the end, they gave a little insight. Why not have Epiphany tell a little story about when she first started at GH as a Candy Striper and even have a funny flash back with day players or even current actors playing the parts of Epiphany, Monica, Leslie and Rick...(uhhhh teen scene Taylor, Molly, Kiki and Rafe) and Epiphany can talk about the hot janitor she was head over heels in love with (TJ)

Actually, I'm little surprised they don't do more of this. It's exactly what RC used to do on OLTL and how I got caught up on most of 30 years' worth of OLTL in just a couple months. I don't remember looking up much history at all like I've been doing with GH lately. But, whatever. Thank goodness for the internet or I'd really be lost.

#229   2013/08/06 10:41AM
    ghfanfare

Quote cardgirl: Speaking of Holly, honey those lashes need to go. You could have taken flight with them...I spose it could have been part of your escape plan.

I see you noticed the phony lashes as well. They looked like refugees from the Mod Era.

#230   2013/08/06 10:46AM
    JaneDoe

Quote alikat: You know...with all of the old characters coming back, I must say I have a twinge of a rant within a rave...

I would love to see them do more of this! Even us long time viewers forget old details sometimes and it's nice to have the stories retold. Instead, time is wasted on Luke retelling Holly his illness history that we ALL know already. That was a TOTAL waste of dialog space IMO.

« 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list