List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Started by LiasonSteckyFan at 2013/06/11 11:10PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/18 05:51AM, Views: 100353, Replies: 1690
    « 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » »| page:
    #101   2013/07/04 08:16AM
    Re: THE RANT & RAVE THREAD - ALL WELCOME
    ghfanfare

Quote Vertigobarbie: Rave: Emma being bratty. It's natural that a child her age would act out, especially since a woman she doesn't like and has flat out told her that she didn't want Emma around is going to give birth to her little brother or sister. Emma picked up on those feelings right away and most children don't like change. Children are more aware of what goes on around them than a lot of people think. Tempertantrums, talking back to your parents and acting out is all a part of childhood. No child is perfect, nor is any parent perfect.

While Patrick should have been the one to explain things to her, Sabrina did a good job. Be honest with children about a situation but you don't have to go into detail.

I remember reading an article years ago about how to answer the difficult questions your child can ask you. The example used in the article was a man was at home sitting down reading the newspaper and his young son, about 5 or 6, asked him what a homosexual was. He didn't hem and haw or beat around the bush but he did pause for a moment. The man told his son; you know how mommy and daddy love each and the son answered yes. The man went on to say that when two men or two women love each other they way mommy and daddy do they are a homosexual. The son's response was okay daddy and that was the end of it. He answered his son without going into a lot of detail and his son was happy because daddy answered his question. (Sorry for going off on a tangent there.LOL)
    In my nanny/caregiver days I had something similar happen to me with one of the children I was caring for. When I told his parents about it later that day, his mother's reaction was oh thank God it was you and not me. LOL

Rant: Morgan - S.T.F.U!!!
    Really Britt are you in high school? A supposedly "well respected" Dr and you're acting like an immature idiot. Oh wait, that's right you do need Mommy to fix things for you because you and your inept peon Brad can't manage it on your own.
    I can't wait for her house of cards to collapse around her and then mommy can tell her how disappointed she and daddy Faison are in her.

IA about Emma. It is typical for a youngster to act out. Apparently she needed someone to acknowledge her feelings which Sabrina did. Then Pattie stepped up and asked her to apologize which she did, rather sincerely I might add.

I worked in day care for quite a few years when my kids were young and I really disliked it when people put labels on kids, ie, brat, troublemaker, class clown, etc. Kids pick up on it and tend to live up to the expectation in my experience. A wise director once told me it's more effective to tell kids the behavior you want them to emulate rather than telling them what you don't want to see. Clear expectations. And great advice.

#102   2013/07/05 03:38AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote ghfanfare: Rave: I am liking NuLulu. She doesn't seem as annoying. JMO, of course.

Rant: Prince Nik is looking rather handsome...but he is still a pompous a$$. JMO, of course.

Yup he is. LOL
    I'm still wondering does he truly have feelings for Elizabeth or is she his way of keeping a connection to Emily?

#103   2013/07/05 08:47PM
    lovelyliz

AJ sure got his nerve today saying as long as it stay that way with Liz & Nick. That is my rant. I like to rave about Liz she is still the best love her today. My rant is about Britt why was she crying in the park today. I thought she was this big bad woman that nothing can tear her down. She is nice looking but they really had to do her up just so she can look nice for nick-a-poo. More & more I see Nick the more I do not want Liz with him. I was a NIZ fan when he came back but now let Britt have him. I like Quiz but with RC you just don't know which way he is going but maybe they do not want Liz with neither guy which is fine with me. I just want Liz in a story but if the rumors are true AJ marry Carly I can see Liz heart getting broken all over again.

People keep talking about TC contract. I hate to say it contracts are broken all the time. Look at GV he sign a big contract with GH then the next thing he got fired.

#104   2013/07/06 06:29AM
    Lulu-Spencer

There are too many newbies on this show. I sadly miss the old GH the Guza GH and me saying that is a shocker since i hated his writing but at least the newbies weren't on everyday in every storyline.

#105   2013/07/06 03:09PM
    norblomst

Alexis is daft.
    The end.

#106   2013/07/06 04:26PM
    ReignOfTerror

Rant: Shawn (or is it sean?) For not quitting being sonnys lead badshooter hitman.

Rave: Alexis for dumping Shawn(or is it sean?) for not quitting being sonnys lead badshooter hitman.

#107   2013/07/06 06:23PM
    mrsmcmoose

RAVE: 3:01 EST

RANT:..I despise Emme Rylan as Lulu...I get that JMB let. But Frank Valentini needed to make another "phone call" before casting ER as Lulu.

It is what it is. And at the very best ER will play Lulu as #STEPFORDLULU...no substance...no heart...no fire...no passion..

#108   2013/07/07 02:15PM
    Insxx

Quote Vertigobarbie: I guess I'll start off with a rant. LOL

Can't stand Sam and the whole whitewashing of her character. She always said she was nothing without Jason and that's what she, is nothing.

What in the world are you talking about? White washing what and How? I THINK YOU ARE GETTING YOU CHARACTERS CONFUSED! Jason was nothing without Sam and so much so they he run back to be in a pairing with her. She is so much better without Jason and since I love her leading man(Daniel)I only feel sorry for Liz because truly she is nothing without that storyline.

#109   2013/07/07 02:18PM
    Insxx

What bothers me is everyone have moved into Monica's house, including Kiki's boyfriend! Have anyone of these so call Q's had a DNA? Just because they say they are don't prove anything. Monica need to line them up get them a DNA and start kicking some of them out! I am sure Port Charles has a motel/hotel!

#110   2013/07/07 03:26PM
    jl4ever

Quote Insxx:
    Quote Vertigobarbie: I guess I'll start off with a rant. LOL

Can't stand Sam and the whole whitewashing of her character. She always said she was nothing without Jason and that's what she, is nothing.

What in the world are you talking about? White washing what and How? I THINK YOU ARE GETTING YOU CHARACTERS CONFUSED! Jason was nothing without Sam and so much so they he run back to be in a pairing with her. She is so much better without Jason and since I love her leading man(Daniel)I only feel sorry for Liz because truly she is nothing without that storyline.

=====
    Buy a clue. Jason/SBu was on this show for 12 years before Sam ever flashed her undies at Jax and Sonny. If Jason was nothing, then why did KeMo push to work with SBu back in early 2008? KeMo knew darned well that the only way that she would EVER be in the spotlight was to be paired up with Jason/SBu, which is why Big Daddy Frons had the characters nasty transgressions against a child whitewashed with bleach. Sam is floundering without Jason/SBu and you know it!

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list