List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Is anybody else getting sick of....

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Is anybody else getting sick of....

Started by Mom2RedHead at 2013/06/07 08:48AM
    Latest post: 2013/06/11 07:20AM, Views: 1123, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2013/06/07 08:48AM
    Is anybody else getting sick of....
    Mom2RedHead

all the new characters? There are so many people on the canvas now that it is just getting to be too much. It seems like they want to please the younger crowd of people watching with all of these new and young faces but, what about all the vets that they brought back for the 50th anniversary? Were they only there for ratings?

#2   2013/06/07 09:04AM
    Re: Is anybody else getting sick of....
    IslandGirl33

I do believe the vets were back simply to help celebrate GH's 50th. IMO the issue I see is too many s/l's not so much the new faces. They have so many s/l's that have been started but haven't been on canvas for quite some time now. That's frustrating to me.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/07 09:07AM
    #3   2013/06/07 09:10AM
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote Mom2RedHead: all the new characters? There are so many people on the canvas now that it is just getting to be too much. It seems like they want to please the younger crowd of people watching with all of these new and young faces but, what about all the vets that they brought back for the 50th anniversary? Were they only there for ratings?

I have a different take on lots of characters and story. I love it!! I love when there are many plots going on at the same time, when ALL the characters on the show are actually a part of the show and stories. And I really love when the plots have many twists and several stories intersect. I like when shows do that thing where several stories are running for months and then there is a big party where all the stories come to an exploding finale, well as final as anything can be on a soap. OLTL back in the late 70's and early 80's use to be great at that.

#4   2013/06/10 08:34PM
    sunlight1949

Franco, ex Todd, Kiki (ex Starr) and Dr....(ex-John)playing new characters is absolutely ridiculous. They should have come back as the same character or not come back at all. This is ridiculous storyline everybody pretending they do not recognize them. Personally, I cannot see how they can connect with the viewers in these new roles since they only left GH several weeks ago as Todd, Starr and John. I do not the feel connection and really not interested in their new characters. I enjoyed watching them when they played themselves.

#5   2013/06/11 04:29AM
    oltllover

Quote sunlight1949: Franco, ex Todd, Kiki (ex Starr) and Dr....(ex-John)playing new characters is absolutely ridiculous. They should have come back as the same character or not come back at all. This is ridiculous storyline everybody pretending they do not recognize them. Personally, I cannot see how they can connect with the viewers in these new roles since they only left GH several weeks ago as Todd, Starr and John. I do not the feel connection and really not interested in their new characters. I enjoyed watching them when they played themselves.

This subject has been discussed at great length and yet for some reason there are still those that don't get it. GH cannot use the names todd/starr/john those characters belong to OLTL/PP. the actors wanted to stay with GH and have contracts with GH/ABC that is why they are new people. these are actors playing roles and it is the nature of acting to play different roles throughout one's career. both ME and RH have played several roles in their careers this is no different. everything that happens in soap land requires us to suspend reality.

#6   2013/06/11 06:58AM
    Bettie Davis

Quote sunlight1949: Franco, ex Todd, Kiki (ex Starr) and Dr....(ex-John)playing new characters is absolutely ridiculous. They should have come back as the same character or not come back at all. This is ridiculous storyline everybody pretending they do not recognize them. Personally, I cannot see how they can connect with the viewers in these new roles since they only left GH several weeks ago as Todd, Starr and John. I do not the feel connection and really not interested in their new characters. I enjoyed watching them when they played themselves.

Okay one more time,,, PP ::owns::: the names of Starr, Todd, John,, that means they own them, can you say own, I know you can, own means to have, and possession of, Now, the actors you cant buy, but, you can have them under a contract which PP does not have the right to do, but, GH can, so no more Todd, Starr, and John, they live in Landview from now on,

#7   2013/06/11 07:05AM
    johnsfan

I think we all probably understand the 3 characters couldn't come back playing Todd, Starr, and John. If PP and ABC could have just made a deal, it would have been possible. Kiki is edgier than Starr, Roger Howarth is Todd playing Franco, but couldn't the writers come up with a better name for Michael Easton? Couldn't he be John Clay? Silas..seriously?? I wish he'd take the ponytail out now and get into being John playing Silas. The writers have not done him justice as yet. Come on Ron C., give our guy a better break. I hate the character name, haven't seen enough of him to love/hate the character but always LOVE Michael Easton!!! Maybe if PP goes bust we can have our 3 characters back as they should be.

#8   2013/06/11 07:20AM
    oltllover

Quote johnsfan: I think we all probably understand the 3 characters couldn't come back playing Todd, Starr, and John. If PP and ABC could have just made a deal, it would have been possible. Kiki is edgier than Starr, Roger Howarth is Todd playing Franco, but couldn't the writers come up with a better name for Michael Easton? Couldn't he be John Clay? Silas..seriously?? I wish he'd take the ponytail out now and get into being John playing Silas. The writers have not done him justice as yet. Come on Ron C., give our guy a better break. I hate the character name, haven't seen enough of him to love/hate the character but always LOVE Michael Easton!!! Maybe if PP goes bust we can have our 3 characters back as they should be.

its funny because Kiki is alot more like the kind of daughter blair and todd would have had. starr was so sweet as an adult but a devious child back in the day(in a good way) If any one was to play franco it had to be "todd" and I agree about the name silas but ME has not been on enough yet for me to decide. I think we will see some "john" in him once the danny s/l gets rolling.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list