List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: OLTL Not over

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

OLTL Not over

Started by stonecoldhot at 2013/06/07 04:55AM
    Latest post: 2013/06/27 08:24AM, Views: 2206, Replies: 30
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2013/06/07 04:55AM
    OLTL over
    stonecoldhot

Just read they stoped production on OLTL and AMC. What a waste of great characters! Hoping there is some way to bring back Todd, Starr and John by the end of summer when I start watching again

#2   2013/06/07 05:03AM
    Re: OLTL over
    annabannana

So sad, thanks Stonecold

#3   2013/06/07 05:11AM
    oltllover

This whole thing has been a mess from the get go. maybe thats why they cut it down to 2 shows a week so it would be on through the summer. I feel bad for the actors that bought into this garbage.

#4   2013/06/07 05:23AM
    tessicapls

Supposedly, they are only going on the scheduled filming hiatus a week early because of a labor dispute. They anticipate filming again in August.

That said, I also think it is a done deal. I stopped watching when they cut down to two episodes a week. I hadn't been enjoying the show, and it seemed like the writing was on the wall at that point. Halting production and labor disputes certainly won't help the situation for them. The full details I have linked:

soapcentral.com/soapcentral/news/2013/0605-amc_oltl_halted.php

#5   2013/06/07 06:05AM
    Bettie Davis

I feel bad for OLTL, to bad ABC wont get them back.

#6   2013/06/07 06:17AM
    oltlforever31

I read the article, and the shows are not over. No offense to any of you in this thread, but starting the rumor mill, and saying the shows are over, when they aren't is not helping the shows at all. People read stuff like this, and assume it's true, and they stop watching.

I think there are so many out there that, (not saying any of you guys) for whatever reason, want these shows to fail, and continue spinning these little behind the scenes goings on, as doom and gloom. I'm sure things like this happen with other productions, but don't get the media attention.

It sounds like they were planning a hiatus all along, and now it's just a week earlier. I wouldn't feel sorry for the actors, (yet) because judging by their twitter feeds, they all seem pretty happy, and confident about their jobs.

#7   2013/06/07 06:23AM
    tinasfathero...

I cancelled my Hulu Plus account this morning after hearing this news.
    I've pretty much lost my fervor in following OLTL since it was slashed to 2 eps a week.
    If the rumors I've read on other sites are true that PP episodes are to be picked up by a cable station this fall then I'll play catch-up at that time.

#8   2013/06/07 06:32AM
    ransomha

Quote tinasfatheronlostin: I cancelled my Hulu Plus account this morning after hearing this news.
    I've pretty much lost my fervor in following OLTL since it was slashed to 2 eps a week.
    If the rumors I've read on other sites are true that PP episodes are to be picked up by a cable station this fall then I'll play catch-up at that time.

Thought of you when I saw this thread. Bummer, sorry Tina.

#9   2013/06/07 06:42AM
    tinasfathero...

Quote ransomha:
    Quote tinasfatheronlostin: I cancelled my Hulu Plus account this morning after hearing this news.

Thought of you when I saw this thread. Bummer, sorry Tina.

Thanks for the hug.
    But I really need a soap to be more than 50 minutes a week to grab my interest.
    Still holding out hope for a cable run this fall. I'm sure there will be similar Marathons like Soapnet does to catch viewers up to speed.

#10   2013/06/07 07:00AM
    oltlforever31

Oh, no not you tina! I will miss you on the OLTL boards. Even though, they aren't that active lately.

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list