List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Patrick and Sabrina

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Patrick and Sabrina

Started by lucky7 at 2013/04/15 12:49PM
    Latest post: 2013/04/16 02:29PM, Views: 4385, Replies: 31
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/04/16 10:54AM
    Re: Patrick and Sabrina
    ransomha

Quote Soapsta:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote Soapsta:
    Quote Monkey Mama:
    Quote Bizlet:
    Quote Soapsta:
    Quote ransomha: Britt treated Emma the way she knew grown ups to treat children. That grown ups are in charge.
    This is how Britt was brought up.

Now Britt sees that this isn't the way to become a family.
    Emma is not harmed by Britt telling her she doesn't like her.
    It's not like she sat back and watched someone kidnap her or hire thugs to wave a gun around the girl.

Emma will come around as the new baby will bring the family together.

SOAPY goodness!

This scenario will be very bad for Emma. Brit will treat her like Helena treats Alexis. This happy union is never going to happen because first and foremost, Brit is jealous of Emma. That is sickening for a grown woman to feel like she has to compete with a kid. I don't see this working.

ITA Britt just sees Emma as a reminder of Robin and Pat had in the past. She could never have a healthily relationship baby or no baby with Pat. She is too crazy we know the reason now maybe she can track Kevin down and talk about her mommy and daddy issues before entering a healthy relationship.

Britt needs a LOT of help before she is in the position to be part of any type of family especially one as fragile as Patrick's. Emma is dealing with the sudden loss of her Mother, Patrick is just now trying to move on with his life. Britt is scary, demanding, manipulative and uncaring about their feelings. This is NOT what these 2 need in their lives right not not to mention the fact that BOTH Emma and Patrick want SABRINA. Getting pregnant "accidentally" does not automatically give a person the right to just force themselves into a relationship with a person who feels disgusted by them.

ITA. Besides that, Emma is completely terrified of Brit

Too bad she doesn't have faith in her father to keep her safe or know what's best for her.
    If this baby is born, Emma will have to deal with it like every other kid that gets a sibling.

I agree. Sibling rivalry is very common. However is not common for a kid to be terrified of their step parent. This is not the norm. This is considered as dysfunctional.

TERRIFIED? That's a bit much. If Emma is terrified, maybe she needs counseling.

#22   2013/04/16 11:05AM
    flanndreams

Quote Lady Isadorra:
    Quote Monkey Mama:
    Quote Bizlet:
    Quote Soapsta:
    Quote ransomha: Britt treated Emma the way she knew grown ups to treat children. That grown ups are in charge.

It's not like she sat back and watched someone kidnap her or hire thugs to wave a gun around the girl.

SOAPY goodness!

This scenario will be very bad for Emma. Brit will treat her like Helena treats Alexis. This happy union is never going to happen because first and foremost, Brit is jealous of Emma. That is sickening for a grown woman to feel like she has to compete with a kid. I don't see this working.

ITA Britt just sees Emma as a reminder of Robin and Pat had in the past. She could never have a healthily relationship baby or no baby with Pat. She is too crazy we know the reason now maybe she can track Kevin down and talk about her mommy and daddy issues before entering a healthy relationship.

Britt needs a LOT of help before she is in the position to be part of any type of family especially one as fragile as Patrick's. Emma is dealing with the sudden loss of her Mother, Patrick is just now trying to move on with his life. Britt is scary, demanding, manipulative and uncaring about their feelings. This is NOT what these 2 need in their lives right not not to mention the fact that BOTH Emma and Patrick want SABRINA. Getting pregnant "accidentally" does not automatically give a person the right to just force themselves into a relationship with a person who feels disgusted by them.

I agree with the fact that Britt needs ALOT of help before she can be a FAMILY with anyone!! I think she can be redeemed and has potential if she gets the right kind of help and does not use manipulation to get her what she wants. I don't think Patrick ever really loved her so if they do redeem her I hope its not with Patrick and with someone who truly loves her the way they are supposed to! With parents like hers, she needs real love!!

Just because you are second choice, that does not mean you still cannot be the love of someone's life. I was my husband's second wife(choice) and we have been married for many many years! I like to think he was saving the best for last!! LOL!!

However, I think in Patrick's situation he forced himself to move on with Britt because he thought that was what he was supposed to do..Just my opinion tho!!

Exactly, I also commented in another thread that I felt Patrick was never that into Britt (his supposed "first choice") to begin with, he was just sort of pushing himself to get back in the game and start dating again. He only happened to date her first after Robin's death because she (Britt) was the one who made herself so obviously available to him. I'm not even that sure about Sabrina either, but I do know it's not like Britt and Patrick were some supercouple in the making, so it leaves me scratching my head when people say that now that Britt is (supposedly) having his baby, they can all be one big, happy family.

#23   2013/04/16 11:14AM
    GH-FAN

Quote ransomha: Patrick picked Britt first.
    Because of Britt's poor choice of actions concerning Emma, he went to his second choice, Sabrina.

Once Britt gets Emma involved with her new brother/sister, they will put the unpleasantness behind them and become a family.

I am going to get technical here and say that Patrick did not know that Sabrina was a choice as Sabrina never expressed her interest in Patrick until after he and Brit broke up. So technically, we'll never actually know if Britt was Patrick's first choice.

I think Patrick still would've chose Brit in the beginning, but to say he chose Brit over Sabrina would not really be accurate.

#24   2013/04/16 12:13PM
    ransomha

Quote GH-FAN:
    Because of Britt's poor choice of actions concerning Emma, he went to his second choice, Sabrina.

Once Britt gets Emma involved with her new brother/sister, they will put the unpleasantness behind them and become a family.

I am going to get technical here and say that Patrick did not know that Sabrina was a choice as Sabrina never expressed her interest in Patrick until after he and Brit broke up. So technically, we'll never actually know if Britt was Patrick's first choice.

I think Patrick still would've chose Brit in the beginning, but to say he chose Brit over Sabrina would not really be accurate.

Why couldn't he have made a move if he was interested?
    When she first approached him, he said " I NEVER thought of you that way."
    He thought of her as a babysitter.

#25   2013/04/16 12:15PM
    ransomha

Quote flanndreams:
    Quote Lady Isadorra:
    Quote Monkey Mama:
    Quote Bizlet:
    Quote Soapsta:

SOAPY goodness!

I agree with the fact that Britt needs ALOT of help before she can be a FAMILY with anyone!! I think she can be redeemed and has potential if she gets the right kind of help and does not use manipulation to get her what she wants. I don't think Patrick ever really loved her so if they do redeem her I hope its not with Patrick and with someone who truly loves her the way they are supposed to! With parents like hers, she needs real love!!

Just because you are second choice, that does not mean you still cannot be the love of someone's life. I was my husband's second wife(choice) and we have been married for many many years! I like to think he was saving the best for last!! LOL!!

However, I think in Patrick's situation he forced himself to move on with Britt because he thought that was what he was supposed to do..Just my opinion tho!!

Exactly, I also commented in another thread that I felt Patrick was never that into Britt (his supposed "first choice") to begin with, he was just sort of pushing himself to get back in the game and start dating again. He only happened to date her first after Robin's death because she (Britt) was the one who made herself so obviously available to him. I'm not even that sure about Sabrina either, but I do know it's not like Britt and Patrick were some supercouple in the making, so it leaves me scratching my head when people say that now that Britt is (supposedly) having his baby, they can all be one big, happy family.

I've never seen a post calling Patrick and Britt a super couple in the making. Way too soon to even consider that.

And we won't know if they can be a happy family until they at least try.

#26   2013/04/16 12:27PM
    Soapsta

Quote ransomha:
    Quote Soapsta:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote Soapsta:
    Quote Monkey Mama:
    Quote Bizlet:
    Quote Soapsta:

SOAPY goodness!

Too bad she doesn't have faith in her father to keep her safe or know what's best for her.
    If this baby is born, Emma will have to deal with it like every other kid that gets a sibling.

I agree. Sibling rivalry is very common. However is not common for a kid to be terrified of their step parent. This is not the norm. This is considered as dysfunctional.

Yes terrified! The way Emma clinched on to her fathers leg as Brit walked towards them on stage showed just how terrified she is of Brit. I felt so sorry for Emma, it's as if she was holding on for her dear life.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/04/16 12:33PM
    #27   2013/04/16 12:35PM
    Bizlet

Quote ransomha:
    Quote flanndreams:
    Quote Lady Isadorra:
    Quote Monkey Mama:
    Quote Bizlet:
    Quote Soapsta:

SOAPY goodness!

I've never seen a post calling Patrick and Britt a super couple in the making. Way too soon to even consider that.

And we won't know if they can be a happy family until they at least try.

It is not like trying to raise a child together is going to make them fall in love.

#28   2013/04/16 12:36PM
    ransomha

Quote Soapsta:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote Soapsta:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote Soapsta:
    Quote Monkey Mama:
    Quote Bizlet:
    Quote Soapsta:

SOAPY goodness!

Yes terrified! The way Emma clinched on to her fathers leg as Brit walked towards them on stage showed just how terrified she is of Brit. I felt so sorry for Emma, it's as if she was holding on for her dear life.

Was she terrified that Britt was going to talk harshly to her again? After all, that's all she did to her.

Poor Emma, if a teacher yells at her or kids tease her she'll fall apart.

#29   2013/04/16 12:42PM
    GH-FAN

Quote ransomha:
    Quote GH-FAN:

Why couldn't he have made a move if he was interested?
    When she first approached him, he said " I NEVER thought of you that way."
    He thought of her as a babysitter.

True, but then again, he was not making moves against Brit, she was (and I am going to catch you know what for this) basically throwing herself at him. There was no question how she wanted Pat to think about her.

#30   2013/04/16 12:42PM
    Soapsta

Quote ransomha:
    Quote Soapsta:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote Soapsta:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote Soapsta:
    Quote Monkey Mama:
    Quote Bizlet:
    Quote Soapsta:

SOAPY goodness!

Was she terrified that Britt was going to talk harshly to her again? After all, that's all she did to her.

Poor Emma, if a teacher yells at her or kids tease her she'll fall apart.

Probably so. Kids are so fragile at that age

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list