List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: LOVING GH!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

LOVING GH!!!

Started by genhosp at 2013/04/12 02:02PM
    Latest post: 2013/04/17 05:24PM, Views: 713, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2013/04/12 02:02PM
    LOVING GH!!!
    genhosp

I couldn't find a thread to post this so I created this one. I have watched General Hospital off and on for years (almost 30 years). I was almost to a point where I was getting bored again and just fast forwarding through most of it. I have to admit since the writing team has changed I am back to being enthrawled and CANNOT WAIT to watch the newest episode. I am loving AJ and Elizabeth...I know some don't but I really hope they don't trash the dynamic they are creating with them. I am loving that the mob is not the core of EVERY story. I love that the hospital is back front and center quite a bit too. It is titled "General Hospital" after all!! I am loving the diversity of the stories and characters old and new. I like Carly but I don't need to see her every day, same with Sonny and a few others. I actually like the Brenda/Michael angle. While I don't believe anything happened it is a very interesting place for them to go with this!! I hope they keep up the twist and turns. It makes it so worth watching again

#2   2013/04/13 06:32AM
    Re: LOVING GH!!!
    sportsfan411

I also loving GH but it started Wed not before that. RC and FV are having thei butts kissed right now but WHY did it take them a whole year? Keep the VETS and MOB back ground and my DVR will keep taping GH.
    Patrina and britt need to go to 5 mins a week though.

#3   2013/04/16 07:23PM
    celgrl28

Quote genhosp: I couldn't find a thread to post this so I created this one. I have watched General Hospital off and on for years (almost 30 years). I was almost to a point where I was getting bored again and just fast forwarding through most of it. I have to admit since the writing team has changed I am back to being enthrawled and CANNOT WAIT to watch the newest episode. I am loving AJ and Elizabeth...I know some don't but I really hope they don't trash the dynamic they are creating with them. I am loving that the mob is not the core of EVERY story. I love that the hospital is back front and center quite a bit too. It is titled "General Hospital" after all!! I am loving the diversity of the stories and characters old and new. I like Carly but I don't need to see her every day, same with Sonny and a few others. I actually like the Brenda/Michael angle. While I don't believe anything happened it is a very interesting place for them to go with this!! I hope they keep up the twist and turns. It makes it so worth watching again

I couldn't agree more. I began watching GH faithfully in the early 90s and loved it. I loved the friendships and drama. I remember Jagger/Karen and loved Jason as a Quartermaine(when he actually had personality.) Brenda quickly became one of my favs and her friendship with Lois and Robin was so heartwarming not to forget her epic romance and heartbreak with Sonny. The Sonny Brenda Jax triangle was one of the best and no matter how hard the writers tried to duplicate it with Carly...it was never as good. Loved Lucy Coe back then and still do. When GH became the Sonny Jason and Carly mob show....it became time for me to go. It seemed the writers were trying to rewrite GH history instead of honoring it. The new writing team seems to be on the right track and this fan is back and loving it!!!!!

#4   2013/04/17 03:58AM
    Bizlet

I have been watching on and off since the late 80's. I love having Anna, Duke Frisco, and Felica on. I love the Luke and Laura adventure. I agree put that mob story to background where it belongs.

#5   2013/04/17 08:50AM
    ghfanfare

IA with the OP. For me, GH is better than it has been in a long time. They are writing for an ensemble cast, spreading the stories around, giving us mystery, suspense, romance. The mob reign is over and the hospital is front and center again. Kudos to Frank and Ron for bringing back the heart of General Hospital.

#6   2013/04/17 09:17AM
    NYsunflower

Quote ghfanfare: IA with the OP. For me, GH is better than it has been in a long time. They are writing for an ensemble cast, spreading the stories around, giving us mystery, suspense, romance. The mob reign is over and the hospital is front and center again. Kudos to Frank and Ron for bringing back the heart of General Hospital.

Couldn't have said it better myself

#7   2013/04/17 09:45AM
    Bettie Davis

Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote ghfanfare: IA with the OP. For me, GH is better than it has been in a long time. They are writing for an ensemble cast, spreading the stories around, giving us mystery, suspense, romance. The mob reign is over and the hospital is front and center again. Kudos to Frank and Ron for bringing back the heart of General Hospital.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Me too, GH should be front and centered with a little bit of drama mixed in as it had been in the past.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/04/17 09:47AM
    #8   2013/04/17 05:24PM
    Sunnydaz

Quote genhosp: I couldn't find a thread to post this so I created this one. I have watched General Hospital off and on for years (almost 30 years). I was almost to a point where I was getting bored again and just fast forwarding through most of it. I have to admit since the writing team has changed I am back to being enthrawled and CANNOT WAIT to watch the newest episode. I am loving AJ and Elizabeth...I know some don't but I really hope they don't trash the dynamic they are creating with them. I am loving that the mob is not the core of EVERY story. I love that the hospital is back front and center quite a bit too. It is titled "General Hospital" after all!! I am loving the diversity of the stories and characters old and new. I like Carly but I don't need to see her every day, same with Sonny and a few others. I actually like the Brenda/Michael angle. While I don't believe anything happened it is a very interesting place for them to go with this!! I hope they keep up the twist and turns. It makes it so worth watching again

I couldn't agree more. 6 months ago i quit watching DOOL because well it just plain sucks, so to keep my daytime soap habit going i decided to come back to GH after not watching for a couple of decades....well i am not stretching the truth when i say this soap is so fantastic i just can't wait for the next day.....i get chills from the moment the intro music and graphics start...at the end of Fri's epi i wish it was Monday already....trust me i havent felt this way about a daytime soap since the 80's when Days was the best....so thanks for the thread i totally agree.

HIGH ^5 TO THE NEW WRITERS

PS: Dallas is doing this to me too... awesome season finale!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list