List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Todd, Starr and John headed back to OLTL

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Todd, Starr and John headed back to OLTL

Started by tessicapls at 2013/01/17 12:14PM
    Latest post: 2013/02/04 05:38PM, Views: 6199, Replies: 42
    1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #1   2013/01/17 12:14PM
    Todd, Starr and John headed back to OLTL
    tessicapls

Copies and pasted verbatim from Daytime Confidential:

Look for the characters of John McBain (Michael Easton), Todd (Roger Howarth) and Starr Manning (Kristen Alderson) to at least temporarily exit General Hospital some time in the near future, according to sources. Per the agreement ABC Daytime made when they originally brought on the three One Life to Live characters, GH has to stop using Todd and Co. now that Prospect Park's The Online Network is prepping to relaunch OLTL.

Prospect Park—which licensed OLTL and All My Children following their cancellations by ABC—wants to use the three character to help relaunch OLTL on the web and via other digital and cable platforms. However, PP might not want them for the long haul.

"Prospect Park realizes these three characters could initially help draw fans to the new One Life," explains a source. "There are ongoing talks between ABC and Prospect Park about the characters returning to General Hospital at some point, which could be fine with [Prospect Park] as they eventually want to go much younger with their soaps."

While Easton, Howarth and Alderson are said to be less than ethused with the "prospects" of leaving their day jobs, there's speculation that ABC—to which they are under contract—could ask them to appear on OLTL in a show of good faith.

"There's no guarantee the actors will do it," says one mole, "but people high up on the Disney-ABC food chain want to see these shows succeed online. The network might ask them to do it as a favor."

Expect the fictional Llanview Three to air on GH at least through February Sweeps.

#2   2013/01/17 12:31PM
    Re: Todd, Starr and John headed back to OLTL
    ashuri-chan

I read on rumoreville that they do own all of the characters who were on the show of it's not surprising they are taking back their three characters sort of speak. I hope they bring Larkko back though.

#3   2013/01/17 12:39PM
    oltllover

Here is my question PP/ABC may own the characters but how many of the actors do they have a contract with either from OLTL or AMC if they only have a couple here and a couple there neither show will be the same. I have read statements from Vincent Irazarry (david Hayward/AMC) but other then that I havent heard anyone else talking about it.

#4   2013/01/17 12:42PM
    tessicapls

Quote oltllover: Here is my question PP/ABC may own the characters but how many of the actors do they have a contract with either from OLTL or AMC if they only have a couple here and a couple there neither show will be the same. I have read statements from Vincent Irazarry (david Hayward/AMC) but other then that I havent heard anyone else talking about it.

Apparently, for OLTL(I didn't watch AMC) the actors playing Dorian, Vikki and Bo have all signed on.

#5   2013/01/17 12:43PM
    Axl Rose

If John goes back to Llanview, then I would want him and Natalie to at least sort things out and have that whole restraining order storyline thing resolved because John deserves to be in his son Liam's life even if John and Natalie are no longer together, no father should be kept from his son at all and also John needs to confront Clint too

With Todd back in Llanview, he can then find out that he was in fact brainwashed and that Todd in fact did not shoot Victor that night but that it was Irene who planted those memories inside of him, and that it was really Alison Perkins who shot him that night and that Alison kidnapped Victor and has been holding him captive all this time, with Victor escaping and heading back to his family, and if and when he does that, Todd and Victor are face to face with one another

And with Starr back in Llanview, she can visit her family but Starr should just stay in Port Charles

#6   2013/01/17 12:46PM
    Bettie Davis

I read that article and it does state that all 3 would leave but only temporarily, which is good news for GH, and all 3 have a home on GH now and none of them want to go back to OLTL. Gh is a super show and why anyone would want to leave except for you know who

#7   2013/01/17 12:53PM
    oltllover

Quote tessicapls:
    Quote oltllover: Here is my question PP/ABC may own the characters but how many of the actors do they have a contract with either from OLTL or AMC if they only have a couple here and a couple there neither show will be the same. I have read statements from Vincent Irazarry (david Hayward/AMC) but other then that I havent heard anyone else talking about it.

Apparently, for OLTL(I didn't watch AMC) the actors playing Dorian, Vikki and Bo have all signed on.

Thanks, I loved viki, dorian and Bo but if thats all they got and none of the younger characters then IDK....

#8   2013/01/17 01:18PM
    ecs7574

The only thing that would make this news even better is if it was a permanent move.

Give it a week or two after they leave, nobody will miss them.

#9   2013/01/17 01:25PM
    stonecoldhot

Quote ecs7574: The only thing that would make this news even better is if it was a permanent move.

Give it a week or two after they leave, nobody will miss them.

Gh has never been better,then it is now with the OLTL crossover

#10   2013/01/17 01:39PM
    Daphne40

Quote tessicapls:

Clint has signed as well

PP doesnt want to bring back Rex and Gigi as it feels their story's been told.

They are recasting possibly aging Matthew and Destiny.

That's all I've heard so far but the article I read said that casting is in full swing.

1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list